PDA

View Full Version : Man Who Killed Deputy During No-Knock Raid is No-Billed By Grand Jury

SeanTX
02-06-2014, 11:50 AM
He will probably end up "committing suicide" while jailed on the MJ charges. Or they will bring it back before another GJ some how. No way they will just let him get away with it.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Man-Charged-With-Killing-Burleson-County-Deputy-No-Billed-by-Grand-Jury-243993261.html

Man Charged With Killing Burleson County Deputy No-Billed by Grand Jury
Posted: Thu 10:40 AM, Feb 06, 2014
By: Michael Oder - Email

WASHINGTON COUNTY A Somerville man, charged with Capital Murder in the shooting death of a Burleson County Sheriff's Deputy, has been no-billed by a Grand Jury.

28-year-old Henry Magee was charged with Capital Murder, but Magee's attorney, Dick DeGuerin, confirmed to News 3 Thursday morning that the charge is being dropped.

Magee was indicted for Possession of Marijuana by the same grand jury. He is now waiting on bond to be set at the Washington County Jail.

Magee was accused of shooting and killing Burleson County Sheriff's Deputy Adam Sowders in a "no-knock" raid on Decemeber 19, 2013. Information released January 14th on the raid near Somerville, revealed what deputies were searching for inside Magee's mobile home.

In the process of executing that search warrant, Sowders was shot and killed. The Burleson County Sheriff's Office says the search warrant was issued after an informant claimed Magee had stolen guns and illegal drugs inside his mobile home. The informant had been arrested days earlier, but said he had been in Magee's home as recently as the day of his arrest and saw the drugs.

snip

Magee's attorney, Dick DeGuerin, has said Magee fired shots in an effort to defend himself, his pregnant girlfriend and his property from unknown intruders.

Texas Rangers were called in to collect evidence. Inside Magee's home, they say they found a sophisticated marijuana grow operation and several firearms.

DeGuerin has said all weapons found were legally owned.

brushfire
02-06-2014, 11:57 AM
All odds, defied. Unbelievable. I would never guessed it in 1,000,000 years. Just the fact that he was holding a gun and survived is amazing, let alone the fact that he got off a shot, let alone that he took an officer out, let alone that he manged to make it through the system with his freedom. How often does that really happen?

aGameOfThrones
02-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Thanks be to government that we have these drugs laws... else a murderer would be free.

http://2damnfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Smashing-Transformation.gif

tangent4ronpaul
02-06-2014, 12:00 PM
AWESOME!!!

Any and all unknown assailants attempting home invasions SHOULD BE SHOT ON SITE!! PERIOD!

-t

Contumacious
02-06-2014, 12:03 PM
He will probably end up "committing suicide" while jailed on the MJ charges. Or they will bring it back before another GJ some how. No way they will just let him get away with it.

Great news. A very lucky man indeed.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Is there a reason not to post a link to the article?

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Man-Charged-With-Killing-Burleson-County-Deputy-No-Billed-by-Grand-Jury-243993261.html

tod evans
02-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Lord help this man!

Good on the grand jury for refusing to indict and a pox on the cops out for vengeance....

SeanTX
02-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Is there a reason not to post a link to the article?

The reason is I FORGOT to post the link. So sorry, thank you so much for correcting me ...

Schifference
02-06-2014, 12:35 PM
Maybe the Grand Jury has ulterior motives not yet revealed to the mundanes.

Pericles
02-06-2014, 12:41 PM
As mentioned when it happened, this is the lawyer you want: Dick DeGuerin Google his background - takes on the ATF and feds on more than one occasion.

Anti Federalist
02-06-2014, 12:45 PM
That is one of the frustrating aspects of the police state.

Completely and utterly arbitrary.

The next Mundane will get the book thrown at him.

But good for this man, brave and lucky at the same time.

Hope he makes it through OK.

Anti Federalist
02-06-2014, 12:45 PM
That is one of the frustrating aspects of the police state.

Completely and utterly arbitrary.

The next Mundane will get the book thrown at him.

But good for this man, brave and lucky at the same time.

Hope he makes it through OK.

Acala
02-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Maybe the Grand Jury has ulterior motives not yet revealed to the mundanes.
A Grand Jury is composed of mundanes.

pcosmar
02-06-2014, 01:54 PM
A Grand Jury is composed of mundanes.

Should be,, but not usually.

It is usually a stacked deck of the privileged class.

Acala
02-06-2014, 02:14 PM
Should be,, but not usually.

It is usually a stacked deck of the privileged class.

The privileged class meaning who?

Anti Federalist
02-06-2014, 04:11 PM
The privileged class meaning who?

The ruling class:

Friends and families of cops, judges, prosecutors, "officials", you name it.

Anti Federalist
02-06-2014, 04:11 PM
As mentioned when it happened, this is the lawyer you want: Dick DeGuerin Google his background - takes on the ATF and feds on more than one occasion.

You were right.

Good call.

I will remember that name.

jtap
05-14-2014, 09:13 AM

Thanks. I won't lose this information :D

You were right.

Good call.

I will remember that name.

I would totally forget the name though AF, that's why I have to subscribe as a way to track it. Totally agree though, a very good call.

nobody's_hero
05-14-2014, 11:27 AM
The ruling class:

Maybe it's different in every state, but in Georgia you can't serve on a grand jury if you currently hold an office, or have within the past 2 years (I think that was the time frame).

I think it's kind of weird that the jury found fault with the marijuana but not with shooting the cop.

HOLLYWOOD
05-14-2014, 12:18 PM
Just Imagine the total costs to the taxpayers of this monstrosity of this statist disaster from beginning to end. Millions when it's over...

Acala
05-14-2014, 02:31 PM
The ruling class:

They are selected randomly from voter registration rolls here and counsel for the defense can conduct voir dire Prejudice in favor of the state is grounds for disqualification per statute. So, no. Grand Juries are not composed of cops, judges, prosecutors, or other officials likely to be prejudiced in favor of the state. At least not here. And probably not most places in the US.

Pericles
05-14-2014, 02:34 PM
They are selected randomly from voter registration rolls here and counsel for the defense can conduct voir dire Prejudice in favor of the state is grounds for disqualification per statute. So, no. Grand Juries are not composed of cops, judges, prosecutors, or other officials likely to be prejudiced in favor of the state. At least not here. And probably not most places in the US.
Where I live, you volunteer to be a member of the Grand Jury. When called for jury duty, the Judge who manages that court usually asks if anyone is interested in Grand Jury service.