PDA

View Full Version : Democratic prosecutor calls Obama's DOJ nominee unfit due to cop killer advocacy

Origanalist
02-06-2014, 08:51 AM
http://media.townhall.com/townhall/reu/ha/2011/342/623a5e34-907d-4a5d-a843-a39d539ca19a@news.ap.org.jpg

The Senate Judiciary Committee will vote today on the confirmation of Debo Adegbile, President Obama's controversial nominee to head up the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice. During his time as the President of the NAACP Legal Defense Official, Adegbile, worked tirelessly to free convicted cop killer Abu-Jamal from prison. Abu-Jamal was convicted of killing Philadelphia Police Officer Daniel Faulkner in 1982.

The National Fraternal Order of Police, an organization representing 333,000 men and women in law enforcement, has strongly opposed his nomination and now, long time Democratic Prosecutor Seth Williams is declaring Adegbile unfit for the position inside DOJ.

Cont...http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/02/06/democratic-prosecutor-calls-obamas-doj-nominee-unfit-due-to-cop-killer-advocacy-n1790392

Origanalist
02-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Widow of fallen cop blocked from testifying on Obama DOJ pick, DA joins criticism;

The Philadelphia district attorney is speaking out against President Obama's nominee for a top Justice Department post, saying his link to the case of a convicted cop killer "sends a message of contempt" to police -- as the widow of the fallen officer is apparently denied the chance to testify.

Maureen Faulkner, whose husband Daniel Faulkner was killed in 1981, was hoping to speak publicly on the case before the Senate Judiciary Committee, which plans to vote Thursday on the nomination of Debo Adegbile to lead the Civil Rights Division.

But she told FoxNews.com she's "extremely frustrated" after being told by representatives of Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., that she won't be able to do so.

"I am physically, emotionally and mentally distressed that I'm not able to be in that room," Faulkner told FoxNews.com by phone. "This is personal to me."

Faulkner said she received a letter from Leahy's office this week informing her that it's "not the practice" of the committee to accept outside testimony. Faulkner, who lives in Los Angeles, later realized she could attend the hearing as a member of the public but was unable to book a flight.

"I couldn't sleep all night," she said. "If I found out about this before yesterday and I could physically be there, I would be there."

A Leahy spokeswoman told FoxNews.com that a hearing to consider Adegbile's nomination was already held on Jan. 8, and lawmakers were allowed to ask questions on his background then. She reiterated that "it's not the practice" of the committee to have outside witnesses.

cont...http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/05/philly-district-attorney-opposes-controversial-obama-nominee/

tod evans
02-06-2014, 09:01 AM
As much as the terms DA and NAACP rankle me I like it that this guy fought the system he now wants to be a part of....

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Why the term "cop killer"? Is there something so special about them? Do people say "teacher killer"? "Office worker killer"? If I swat flying pests in my house, then am I a "fly killer"?

Origanalist
02-06-2014, 09:25 AM
Why the term "cop killer"? Is there something so special about them? Do people say "teacher killer"? "Office worker killer"? If I swat flying pests in my house, then am I a "fly killer"?

Flies aren't hero's that stand between civilization and anarchy.

JK/SEA
02-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Flies aren't hero's that stand between civilization and anarchy.

lol..

you mean...''cops aren't hero's, they stand in the way of Liberty and humanity...''

RandallFan
03-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Debo is a race hustler. Obama could appoint anyone else.