PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising Drive Idea: Instead of the most money, the most donors.

indivi
11-30-2007, 12:41 AM
On Nov. 5, the media saw the kind of money that we are capable of raising (just a taste of what's to come on Dec. 16). Nobody will be able to trivialize the Tea Party. However, $100 (though a small price to pay for freedom) is a fair bit of money to many people, and the number of donors who could give such an amount is limited to those who have at least a bit of disposable income (which rules out many college students) and are already fervent supporters of Paul's message. Even though about 39,000 supporters donated on Nov. 5, media stories touted it as an impressive figure for a candidate who, as they never tire of saying, has no "real" support and has no chance at the nomination. Of course, we all know that that number is merely a fraction of Paul's base. This got me thinking.

What if a drive was held in which the objective was to get as many people as possible to donate on a single day?

Instead of raising a particularly large sum of money, we would be able to send a message of how wide Paul's support really is. Encouraging friends and family to donate $1, $5, or $10 would be far easier than getting them to give $100. If there were a day on which 200,000 donors each sent in $5, the media coverage would have to be superb, unless they somehow could find a way to make that seem insignificant. The $1 million extra in Paul's bank would be a footnote!

It seems to me that proving our strength in numbers is important and this could be a great way to do it.

fireinme
11-30-2007, 02:08 PM
I am a college student and I would give $10 if there was a mass donation like this.

Paul4Prez
11-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Just pile on for the 16th. No one says you have to donate $100 -- that's only what you need to pledge to sign up at TeaParty07.com.

tonyr1988
11-30-2007, 10:10 PM
I am a college student and I would give $10 if there was a mass donation like this.

During the fund raising drives, I donate $5. It seems worthless, and I'm sad that I can't give more, but it makes me happy when they announce the number of donors afterward, because then my donation counted the exact same as others who maxed out.

My first one was for Fill the Quill - the campaign tried to get 1,787 donors. We were so happy that we almost doubled it!!!! lol - it seems so small now.

But yeah, another fundraising drive focused around the number, not amount, of donations, would be really good at getting new donors.

angrydragon
11-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Every bit counts Tony. A dollar donated would cost the campaign about $0.33 cents. I think $5 dollars is way better than $1.

MikeStanart
11-30-2007, 11:29 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/Flabbypig/RonPaulMoney.jpg

jrich4rpaul
12-01-2007, 04:55 AM
Even $5 could be the tipping point between a 9.9 and 10 million dollar day.