PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Fake Donation Pledges From Marxist Hater

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
11-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Hey all,

I've got some troubling news. A Marxist hater by the name of Nicholas "Nick" Farr has claimed to have pledged $100,000 in false donations to the Ron Paul Blimp project. He made this claim in the comment section on Wonkette.com. (http://wonkette.com/politics/paultard-blimp/paultards-not-giving-up-on-this-blimp-hullabaloo-328129.php#c3136577):

BY NICK FARR AT 11/29/07 05:01 PM

Don't any of you asshats realize they HAVE NOT RAISED ONE FUCKING DOLLAR for this?

And talk about all the fucking e-mail I'm getting from these spambots. I mean, I'm only personally responsible for about $100,000 of the pledges through various e-mails that I happened to pop off in my spare time over the past few days.

OH YES I DID, MOTHERFUCKERZZZZ.

This is Nick Farr:

http://www.nickfarr.org/realcontentcomingsoon.jpg

He is a CPA or CPA-wannabe based in the DC area. His cell phone number is 202-316-5850.

Here is another picture, just in case: http://www.gvsu.edu/images/bap/0509-Fall05Profiles/FarrNickFall05.jpg

Anyway, Nick Farr has been given a semi-honorary role at Wonkette in their barely-serious "War on Paultards." (This poor demented soul takes his hateful "war" very seriously indeed.) Wonkette.com is published by Gawker Media, owned and run by one Nick Denton. You may want to call Mr. Denton to express his concern at the latitude granted this Farr creature by his new editing team at Wonkette.com.

Mr. Denton lists his contact info on his website (http://www.nickdenton.org/):

Nick Denton
email nick@gawker.com
aolIM nicknotned
voice +1.646.808.0248
where 76 Crosby St, NY 10012

wisconsinite
11-30-2007, 12:40 AM
Well, I feel very sorry for him that he doesn't have anything constructive to do with his time. In any case, there are still more than enough pledges to fund the project, and even if some of those fall through, I think people will be inspired to contribute to make up any shortfall when they see everything coming on line.

someguy200
11-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Who's going to get to work on the "Wanted: Dead or Alive" poster since we already have 2 good pictures of him and a decent amount of info on his location ? :eek:

If he seriously disrupted the blimp project we need to get those posters up all around where he works and lives so he'll be getting harassed by random people all day :D. Send an alert out to the DC meetup group, before it's too late and he skips town :D

RickNHouston
11-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Hey ... I know this guy!!! He offered me a blow job in the men's room at JFK airport a couple of weeks ago. He came into the crapper stall next to the one I was taking a dump in and kept trying to tap his shoe on mine under the petition and then ran his hand alaong the bottom of it ...

sixpackrt
11-30-2007, 01:03 AM
23rd Chaos Communication Congress
Who can you trust?

Nick Farr

Nick Farr is the Treasurer and Co-Founder of the Hacker Foundation. He works as a Graduate Assistant in the Accounting and Taxation Department of the Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley State University. He earned his Masters of Business Administration in April of 2006 and is currently working on a Masters of Science in Accounting.

http://events.ccc.de/congress/2006/Fahrplan/speakers/989.en.html

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 01:04 AM
It's no telling what some people might do... if they get pushed too far...man, i pray for this guy's safety. He isn't attacking a candidate, he's attacking an entire segment of the american population...or in fact the world.

sixpackrt
11-30-2007, 01:07 AM
http://photography.nickfarr.org/livejournal/2005/iwouldaddyouifyoupostedanormalpicturebutyoudontsoy oushouldaddme.jpg

wisconsinite
11-30-2007, 01:07 AM
Funny thing is he's actually helping the project by giving it momentum. Even if his pledges are fake, other people see the amount of pledges getting up there and feel encouraged to pledge.

TheNewYorker
11-30-2007, 01:18 AM
He needs some phone calls.

Mark
11-30-2007, 01:23 AM
Something like this was quite obvious.

Look at the huge donation amount in such a short time.

Some people have trouble coming up with a little bit of money for their projects.

And the Blimp got hundreds of thousands in pledges in a few days?

Did not this thought cross anyone else's mind?

That a lot of the pledges were fake?

Come on people.

I've got a bridge for sale btw.

bbachtung
11-30-2007, 01:27 AM
Check out how the "guy" spells a key word in the following post (http://wonkette.com/politics/paultard-blimp/paultards-not-giving-up-on-this-blimp-hullabaloo-328129.php#c3136818):

Wonkette's got boots, dumbass. Made for popping TOTALLY FUCKING UNREALISTIC AND ABSOFUCKING LUTELY RETARTED "PUBLICITY" STUNTS

KevinF
The real question is how do we determine how many of the pledges are real? My guess is that we could be far away from the amount we need in real pledges.

Is there any way to do something like this in a better manner in the future? Any way to make a pledge a binding legal agreement?

sixpackrt
Nick Farr commented on Paultards Seize USA Today!, at 11:08 AM on Nov 21

I didn't know the Paultards were against the 14th Amendment.
I also don't know about you guys, but I think it's time to take the fight to lwlepard@gmail.com and the Ron Paul Forums.
Can we get a special prize for the person most frequently banned from them?
more » [wonkette]

http://wonkette.com/politics/notag/paultards-seize-usa-today-325394.php#c3053402

KevinF
11-30-2007, 01:29 AM
Here come the flame wars.

Is there any way to do a preemptive IP address ban on this guy?

Mark
11-30-2007, 01:30 AM
other people see the amount of pledges getting up there and feel encouraged to pledge.

He's apparently responsible for about 25% of them of them.

Not to mention other fake pledges that have probably been submitted as well.

Mark
11-30-2007, 01:31 AM
The real question is how do we determine how many of the pledges are real?

My guess is that we could be far away from the amount we need in real pledges.

Bingo!

Delain
11-30-2007, 01:32 AM
This is not good. Please be careful with these sort of things, posting personal info and such. Hate to think something would happen to that guy, in spite of his provocations.

Man from La Mancha
11-30-2007, 01:34 AM
I'm sure we can cover any short falls and he has given us PR.

KevinF
11-30-2007, 01:35 AM
Well, all of that personal information was available publicly. None of it was apparently private information. It just happens to be collected in a nice tidy bundle here.

randolphus maximus
11-30-2007, 01:35 AM
What about setting up one of those chipin.com accounts? Instead of pledging. That is actual money sent through paypal

KevinF
11-30-2007, 01:36 AM
This is not good. Please be careful with these sort of things, posting personal info and such. Hate to think something would happen to that guy, in spite of his provocations.

I'm more worried that he is not alone. If three of four guys did the same thing, we'd be at less than $100K.

someguy200
11-30-2007, 01:37 AM
I thought somebody involved said they were verifying the large pledges ?

I also had this thought:

Funny thing is he's actually helping the project by giving it momentum. Even if his pledges are fake, other people see the amount of pledges getting up there and feel encouraged to pledge.

Does somebody with one of those phone auto-dialer things want to set it to just his number, so he is continuously bombarded by Dr. Paul's message ? Even if he blocked the number I think it might still tie up his line. :cool:

KevinF
11-30-2007, 01:38 AM
How do you verify a pledge without receiving the money unless it is legally binding?

James R
11-30-2007, 01:41 AM
All donations $500 and over should be verified over the phone before they are tallied to the total!

someguy200
11-30-2007, 01:46 AM
You can get some verification by contacting them by the given e-mail address requesting a phone number or other more valued contact info. If they're hostile or refuse to give it, then the pledge isn't counted. If they do give it, and it's verified, then theres a way to track them down if they don't follow through. If somebody was fake pledging they would probably be reluctant to give a phone number or address in fear of it being released if they were found out, however a real pledger wouldn't be nearly as concerned.

Delain
11-30-2007, 01:49 AM
I'm more worried that he is not alone. If three of four guys did the same thing, we'd be at less than $100K.

Well yeah. And even people who pledged sincerely could decide not to donate later. Pledges don't guaranty a thing in that regard.

But what Man from La Mancha said:

I'm sure we can cover any short falls

I think so too.

Mark
11-30-2007, 01:52 AM

Bingo! And threats made by someone here or other places online could be considered criminal.

Mark
11-30-2007, 01:55 AM
What about setting up one of those chipin.com accounts? Instead of pledging. That is actual money sent through paypal

Now that's a good idea.

However you'd have to have the PAC or whatever created and official.

People would take this a LOT more seriously if y'all did the groundwork more diligently
and actually had some solid work done other than a web page than accepts bogus pledges and some sick photoshop pics.

colecrowe
11-30-2007, 02:05 AM
bump, sticky?--everyone needs to know about this and talk about this

wisconsinite
11-30-2007, 02:14 AM
Well hopefully, within 48 hours the new website will be up to take DONATIONS, and so any worry about pledges will unimportant.

colecrowe
11-30-2007, 02:16 AM
Can we please forget about the blimp for good? I will donate my 200 to the reading list instead please?!

Man from La Mancha
11-30-2007, 02:17 AM
Now that's a good idea.

However you'd have to have the PAC or whatever created and official.

People would take this a LOT more seriously if y'all did the groundwork more diligently
and actually had some solid work done other than a web page than accepts bogus pledges and some sick photoshop pics.I don't see why we would need to worry till money has actually been spent. No law has been broken. The paypal account someone said would refund all money for free for up to 60 days. I'm not that familiar with pay pal but they have a name to protect and I don't see why we can't give money this way to be held by maybe a escrow fund till the project is ready to go or refunded. Just an idea. I would give money that way.

archemeedees
11-30-2007, 02:20 AM
Ignore the man. He can't harm the cause and wasting our time giving him the attention he's so desperate for will only encourage him and make us look bad.

Man from La Mancha
11-30-2007, 02:20 AM
Can we please forget about the blimp for good? I will donate my 200 to the reading list instead please?!Listen, no one is stopping you and we courage you to donate, but don't tell me what the ? I can give my money to. If I want to give it to a blimp project I will dang well do so. Get out my parade why don't you and rain some where else!!.

steph3n
11-30-2007, 02:23 AM
Listen, no one is stopping you and we courage you to donate, but don't tell me what the f*** I can give my money to. If I want to give it to a blimp project I will damn well do so. Get out my parade why don't you and rain some where else!!.

no need to be rude :)

If you are not comfortable give to the HQ :)

sixpackrt
11-30-2007, 02:26 AM
http://freedom4um.com/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=66869&Disp=193

colecrowe
11-30-2007, 02:31 AM
<<<Quote:
Originally Posted by colecrowe
Can we please forget about the blimp for good? I will donate my 200 to the reading list instead please?!>>>

<<<Man from La Mancha Listen, no one is stopping you and we courage you to donate, but don't tell me what the f*** I can give my money to. If I want to give it to a blimp project I will damn well do so. Get out my parade why don't you and rain some where else!!.>>>

I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have said that about forgetting the blimp. I'm definitely not perfect. In defense, I reacted to the news with almost panic--seeing only disaster in store. I guess we should wait to see what the damage really is and where we stand.

Sorry again.

Chester Copperpot
11-30-2007, 02:32 AM
Nick Farr has done nothing EXCEPT to insure that not only will the Ron Paul Blimp become a reality.. but that it WILL BE AT THE SUPER BOWL.

Man from La Mancha
11-30-2007, 02:34 AM
<<<Quote:
Originally Posted by colecrowe
Can we please forget about the blimp for good? I will donate my 200 to the reading list instead please?!>>>

I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have said that about forgetting the blimp. I'm definitely not perfect. In defense, I reacted to the news with almost panic--seeing only disaster in store. I guess we should wait to see what the damage really is and where we stand.

Sorry again.Sorry for my out burst, I just would like to see this one aspect thru which is just a small part of the whole picture but one I think can help. Great you have a couple hundred to give.:)

Dutch
11-30-2007, 02:42 AM
Will those who say it can't be done
please get out of the way of those that are doing it?

Thanks,

Dutch

davegnyc
11-30-2007, 02:45 AM
Unless there are some factors I am not aware of you might be able to sue this guy.

This is a clear case of fraud.

Just order the blimp, and when he does not pay, sue him as you relied on his promise.

KCIndy
11-30-2007, 02:49 AM
Hey, I hate to see all the negativity coming through here.

Let's think about this - we don't know if a word this Farr guy has said is true.

I think we've arrived at a "put up or shut up" moment. I agree with those who have said that now is the time to start collecting the cash, not just pledges. I'm not sure how far along the project is, but it seems like there ought to be a way to put the pledges in some sort of "escrow" account. If it can be done through a PAC, then in a worst case scenario the money can still be used for some other sort of advertising.

One way or the other, I believe we're going to get the job done! Take heart, people! :)

Chester Copperpot
11-30-2007, 02:50 AM
It seems like Wonkette encouraged this guy unless Im mistaken.. From the way I look at the numbers, theoretically there could be $300,000 inflated.. If so.. looks like we should go after Wonkette for themoney. hah

These guys dont get it.. They cant stop us. We're on a mission.

jake
11-30-2007, 03:07 AM
Unless there are some factors I am not aware of you might be able to sue this guy.

This is a clear case of fraud.

Just order the blimp, and when he does not pay, sue him as you relied on his promise.

sorry, but this is laughable.

davegnyc
11-30-2007, 03:11 AM
He knowingly made a pledge that he had no intention of fulfulling in order to disrupt and interfere with a legitimate fund raising activity. People went ahead and made commitments and plans based on this intentionally fraudulent pledges.

I have seen cases filed on much less, which much less supporting evidence.

someguy200
11-30-2007, 03:11 AM
You're right, if they did pledge then we have all rights to put forth our best legal effort to collect. If the fake pledges were encouraged or carried out by the management at Wonkette, which appears to be true, instead of an independent agent, then it couldn't look good from an ethics standpoint. Not sure what kind of reputation they have right now, but I doubt this dishonorable act could help it.

Lord Xar
11-30-2007, 03:25 AM
You're right, if they did pledge then we have all rights to put forth our best legal effort to collect. If the fake pledges were encouraged or carried out by the management at Wonkette, which appears to be true, instead of an independent agent, then it couldn't look good from an ethics standpoint. Not sure what kind of reputation they have right now, but I doubt this dishonorable act could help it.

isn't this the sorta 'game play of the day' from the left. Dishonesty and feign apathetic wisdom.

Yeah, I say speak to a lawyer, and I would find a way to save those comments by that very strange looking and obviously without companionship Farr.

Mark
11-30-2007, 03:31 AM
I don't see why we would need to worry till money has actually been spent.

a escrow fund

Escrow's a good idea.

You might wanna be worried about ordering a half million dollar blimp and then being stuck with the bill. Just a thought.

pacelli
11-30-2007, 03:46 AM
Heh, luckily there is still room for Farr et al. in Ron Paul's vision of America. Maybe somebody like Farr would be a good public information officer for the "complaint department" of a soon-to-be-disbanded multinational corporation with numerous government contracts ;)

Benaiah
11-30-2007, 03:58 AM
What a noob.

noztnac
11-30-2007, 04:02 AM
Don't get mad.

Link him to a candidate and use this information to our advantage.

This can be a very big story. Digg it. Make a YouTube video. Contact CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc.

(blank's supporter) commits fraud

someguy200
11-30-2007, 04:13 AM
The meetup groups in DC have been alerted to this thread.

tyler477
11-30-2007, 04:17 AM
man, this guy should be worried, dc folks are tough as nails.

evandi
11-30-2007, 04:20 AM
No one is going to beat him up.

Matt
11-30-2007, 04:22 AM

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x35/mattjenson3/bluesbro2.jpg

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 04:22 AM
He FAILS.

Thundercloud
11-30-2007, 04:35 AM
Ron Wins.
He's out of a job.

That sign he's holding........that little sign....What does it say?

"Please help, I lost my job,
my Girlfriend left me for Ronpaulforums.
will work for frappuccinos"

someguy200
11-30-2007, 05:13 AM
All evidence has now been saved, including timestamps. All contact info and pictures have also been saved. No cover up or deletion possible at this point.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-30-2007, 08:28 AM
I wasn't planning to donate, but in honor of Mr. Farr I will.

Let's start accepting donations already! At that point these idiots can do nothing but nervously watch.

NerveShocker
11-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Nick Farr has done nothing EXCEPT to insure that not only will the Ron Paul Blimp become a reality.. but that it WILL BE AT THE SUPER BOWL.

LOL, FINALLY SOMEBODY SAID IT! This guy totally didn't think this out... clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed. All he did by donating his measly 100,000$(supposedly) is make others watching the donation numbers going up excited that it was a real possibility so they joined in. Thanks to him we have plenty of money over the amount necessary and therefore DO NOT NEED HIS MONEY!!! IF what he says is true he probably did more to help the campaign of Ron Paul than I have since I joined the bandwagon months ago. I mean this in all seriousness, thank you for your help. :D

MN Patriot
11-30-2007, 08:54 AM
I just visited the Wonkette site, to be an "approved" poster, you have to pass their audition to prove you are a superficial wiseass. Another censored website, like Mark Levin, making fun of Ron Paul's supporters while deleting and banning anyone who dares to call them on it. A bunch of cowards, really.

They are like many anti-Ron Paul people, they are completely clueless about what they are talking about, but they do it in such great style!!! And they use the f-word constantly, since the f-word is a conversational status symbol in dipshit land.

I was suspicious of the $5,000 donations. But the blimp will fly, which is the greatest revenge against these creeps.

steph3n
11-30-2007, 09:01 AM
I just visited the Wonkette site, to be an "approved" poster, you have to pass their audition to prove you are a superficial wiseass. Another censored website, like Mark Levin, making fun of Ron Paul's supporters while deleting and banning anyone who dares to call them on it. A bunch of cowards, really.

They are like many anti-Ron Paul people, they are completely clueless about what they are talking about, but they do it in such great style!!! And they use the f-word constantly, since the f-word is a conversational status symbol in dipshit land.

I was suspicious of the $5,000 donations. But the blimp will fly, which is the greatest revenge against these creeps.

be careful on criticizing about language there is a giant plank in our own eye in that regard :(

RonPaulFanInGA
11-30-2007, 09:02 AM

Yes, this Farr character said that his great plot to add around twenty e-mail address to the list (do they verify?) will stop us. Let's collect donations for real already. Then what can he do? Spam the account with money?

This is beyond the blimp now. It's time to make this thing fly just to rub it in their faces.

LFOD
11-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Did you stop to consider for one minute that there may be more than one "Nick Farr" in the world?

This posting of personal addresses and cell phone numbers has got to stop. It's bullying and harrassment and reflects very negatively on the campaign.

I don't care what someone does to antagonize us. It's completely irresponsible. Instead of people jumping on the rabble-rousing bandwagon here, more people ought to take a stand against these tactics.

Spirit of '76
11-30-2007, 09:16 AM
http://photography.nickfarr.org/livejournal/2005/iwouldaddyouifyoupostedanormalpicturebutyoudontsoy oushouldaddme.jpg

I wonder if he's related to Jamie Farr.

http://www.bestcareanywhere.net/klinger2.jpg

NerveShocker
11-30-2007, 09:19 AM

LOL, FINALLY SOMEBODY SAID IT! This guy totally didn't think this out... clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed. All he did by donating his measly 100,000$(supposedly) is make others watching the donation numbers going up excited that it was a real possibility so they joined in. Thanks to him we have plenty of money over the amount necessary and therefore DO NOT NEED HIS MONEY!!! IF what he says is true he probably did more to help the campaign of Ron Paul than I have since I joined the bandwagon months ago. I mean this in all seriousness, thank you for your help. :D

allyinoh
11-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Bingo! And threats made by someone here or other places online could be considered criminal.

Well name, address, license plate numbers, bankruptcys, etc have all been made public record.. So you can't really get into trouble for posting that information I dont' think anyway...

But yea no one should make any threats.

Mark
11-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Did you stop to consider for one minute that there may be more than one "Nick Farr" in the world?

This posting of personal addresses and cell phone numbers has got to stop. It's bullying and harrassment and reflects very negatively on the campaign.

I don't care what someone does to antagonize us. It's completely irresponsible. Instead of people jumping on the rabble-rousing bandwagon here, more people ought to take a stand against these tactics.

It's not almost hotpocket time, it's almost Hot Topic time

MN Patriot
11-30-2007, 10:13 AM
be careful on criticizing about language there is a giant plank in our own eye in that regard :(

You are right, I may have crossed the line a little by pointing out the low intellectual maturity level of these creeps, whoops, persons.

But this is a recurrent problem supporters of liberty have when dealing with both liberals AND conservatives. When someone is being a creep and personally attacking you, and doing potentially criminal things like making fake donations, then I think they should be informed that they are being a creep, and let's discuss issues.

When you are in a room outnumbered 20 to 1 (and I've been that 1), with people calling you stupid and ignorant, it takes a lot of restraint not to sink to their level. We need continual coaching and advice on how to debate with detractors in a diplomatic manner. Especially with the internet, so that anyone can have a flame war with anyone else all over the world. Thanks for your post.

Mental Dribble
11-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Its better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.

He can't even speak without throwing curse words into every sentence.

Zym
11-30-2007, 02:57 PM
His bio states: He earned his Masters of Business Administration in April of 2006 and is currently working on a Masters of Science in Accounting.

I wonder if it would be bad form to compile some of his most offensive quotes, not necessarily about Paul, just vulgarity and stuff in very bad taste, along with his confession of fraud, all backed up by links to the material and e-mail it to the faculty listed here:

gvsu.edu/business/index.cfm?id=DB7CE7E9-D38C-C439-28BF5A139842AE81

That's the tax and accounting department at the school he is going for his Masters at, including e-mail and phone numbers for all the professors and the department head.

In addition to attending, he works as a graduate assistant. I'm sure they have a code of conduct, especially if he is using school computers for this activity. It might open up the school to charges of fraud (not really, but I would include it in the massage).

We wouldn't want to flood them with e-mail, just one well though out, well written, message back up with links to his statements. CC it to the entire department, and the Dean.

He said and did the stuff, let's give him a chance to take ownership of it.

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 03:08 PM
His bio states: He earned his Masters of Business Administration in April of 2006 and is currently working on a Masters of Science in Accounting.

I wonder if it would be bad form to compile some of his most offensive quotes, not necessarily about Paul, just vulgarity and stuff in very bad taste, along with his confession of fraud, all backed up by links to the material and e-mail it to the faculty listed here:

gvsu.edu/business/index.cfm?id=DB7CE7E9-D38C-C439-28BF5A139842AE81

That's the tax and accounting department at the school he is going for his Masters at, including e-mail and phone numbers for all the professors and the department head.

In addition to attending, he works as a graduate assistant. I'm sure they have a code of conduct, especially if he is using school computers for this activity. It might open up the school to charges of fraud (not really, but I would include it in the massage).

We wouldn't want to flood them with e-mail, just one well though out, well written, message back up with links to his statements. CC it to the entire department, and the Dean.

He said and did the stuff, let's give him a chance to take ownership of it.

Make it so.

dsentell
11-30-2007, 03:33 PM
He knowingly made a pledge that he had no intention of fulfulling in order to disrupt and interfere with a legitimate fund raising activity. People went ahead and made commitments and plans based on this intentionally fraudulent pledges.

I have seen cases filed on much less, which much less supporting evidence.

I work in law . . .

Of course a case could be filed, anybody can file a case against anybody for anything. Winning is a different matter. Let's say after 4 or 5 years you win. Then collection is the next problem -- the guy might not have a job or anything you could attach to pay the judgment, or he might file for bankruptcy and completely wipe out the debt.

I work in the law, my advice, don't even waste you time thinking about filing suit . . .

someguy200
11-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Zym - Like I said, I have all the sites saved in the original page format, plus screen captures of his post with multiple timestamps in the pic. Wonkette has no ability to destroy any incriminating evidence at this point. Whoever decides to send the letter/email just contact me if you need the evidence.

AAjax
11-30-2007, 04:21 PM
It seems like Wonkette encouraged this guy unless Im mistaken.. From the way I look at the numbers, theoretically there could be $300,000 inflated.. If so.. looks like we should go after Wonkette for themoney. hah

Any attorneys on site? Im sure if in fact wonkette encouraged this a cease and disist order could be placed, if not a fraud suit. Messing with a PAC falls under federal law and is thus a felony.

But in reallity, who cares, I guarantee if the call went out with this information we could gather more than enough for this effort

AAjax
11-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Don't get mad.

Link him to a candidate and use this information to our advantage.

This can be a very big story. Digg it. Make a YouTube video. Contact CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc.

(blank's supporter) commits fraud

Great idea, lets get this on Digg

PaleoConservative
11-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Wow. . I've never seen so many people bent out of shape over a candidate that has no "chance" of winning.

That place if laughable, full of complete blithering idiots and not worthy of a single minute of our time. I just wasted part of my life reading that crap.

This message isn't about Ron Paul, so it's nothing less then hilarious to hear the term paulites thrown around.

Also just as funny, listening to them try to refute the article or mock how it looked.

Please mix in some history classes with those accounting classes geek.

Zym
11-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Zym - Like I said, I have all the sites saved in the original page format, plus screen captures of his post with multiple timestamps in the pic. Wonkette has no ability to destroy any incriminating evidence at this point. Whoever decides to send the letter/email just contact me if you need the evidence.

Quite honestly I'm not really familiar with this yahoo, or his organization. I just had an idea, and did a little research. Schools don't like their graduate students making them look bad, and are sensitive about their reputation. Whoever wants to take this and run with it go for it. just make sure we have one guy acting like he is a concerned citizen, not 300 e-mails from the forums. I would also suggest cleaning up this thread a bit once it's mailed so he can't try to make it look like were out to get him.

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Quite honestly I'm not really familiar with this yahoo, or his organization. I just had an idea, and did a little research. Schools don't like their graduate students making them look bad, and are sensitive about their reputation. Whoever wants to take this and run with it go for it. just make sure we have one guy acting like he is a concerned citizen, not 300 e-mails from the forums. I would also suggest cleaning up this thread a bit once it's mailed so he can't try to make it look like were out to get him.

Self-Defense is acceptable and just. If someone is actively seeking to do us harm, we should actively defend ourselves by whatever means fits the aggression.

PaleoConservative
11-30-2007, 05:05 PM
we don't need to waste our time trying to refute what every single idiot has to say about Ron Paul. We have much more important work to do.

mstrmac1
11-30-2007, 05:07 PM
What is it that gandhi said?

First they......???

Help me out.

ladyliberty
11-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Self-Defense is acceptable and just. If someone is actively seeking to do us harm, we should actively defend ourselves by whatever means fits the aggression.

Let's "Hannitize!" this GUY!!!!!!!!! :D:mad::D

NewEnd
11-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Who cares. The blimp doesn't fly until the money is gathered anyways... in the meantime, the groundwork is being laid. If you build it, they will come. You should thank this douche for helping us build momentum with real pledges.

NewEnd
11-30-2007, 05:47 PM
we should make the pledges legally binding with an electronic signature.

Politeia
11-30-2007, 06:38 PM
What is it that ghandi said?

Please, it's GANDHI.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohandas_Gandhi

Try doing a search with his name spelled right, and you'll probably find the quote.

cero
11-30-2007, 06:46 PM
who's Ghandi?

mstrmac1
11-30-2007, 09:17 PM
who's Ghandi?

Come on just help me out for petes sake!

evadmurd
11-30-2007, 09:25 PM
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.

drednot
11-30-2007, 09:26 PM
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.

Then they misspell your name!

rrroae
11-30-2007, 09:46 PM
*Sigh*.....I wish mine was bigger.

voytechs
11-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Does anyone know what his handle/ID is on this forum?

Naraku
11-30-2007, 10:07 PM
The guy's talking shit. Really, he's talking up some big game about how he set up 20 e-mail addresses and then entered them and clicked a button? He makes it sound like none of the pledges are real and it's all thanks to him!

It's an amateur practical joke by this guy. We know he's wrong about it not raising money, it's just a matter of proving him wrong by getting it in the air. Then he'll just eat crow and choke! It'll be way easier after this though, because this has been short notice. There'll be a month's notice before the funds are needed again!

Naraku
11-30-2007, 10:34 PM
I think the best way to get him for this is to get his e-mail address and then wait for confirmation that it IS going to fly and send an e-mail right away with the proof (link or whatever) and this:

http://www.buni.org/mediawiki/images/d/d3/Crow.jpg

And nothing more. Simple and straight to the point. There's nothing underhanded about it, but it sure as hell would piss him off.

Tarzan
12-01-2007, 01:13 AM
... Simple and straight to the point. There's nothing underhanded about it, but it sure as hell would piss him off.

I understand your thinking... but in my experience people like this just want attention... ANY kind of attention. Our best response is to ignore him. This type of individual is the result of a (semi) free society. With Ron Paul as president people like this will retain their freedom to be idiots.

Our best response is no response... ignore this guy and let this thread die.

best luck to us all

JustBcuz
12-01-2007, 01:26 AM
If you let this guy get away with it, there will be more like him.

Just MHO.

Indy Vidual
12-01-2007, 01:45 AM

Do we know they will be allowed at the Super Bowl?
Will the NFL, Homeland Security, FEMA, and / or FAA try to stop it?

davegnyc
12-01-2007, 02:38 AM
I work in law . . .

Of course a case could be filed, anybody can file a case against anybody for anything. Winning is a different matter. Let's say after 4 or 5 years you win. Then collection is the next problem -- the guy might not have a job or anything you could attach to pay the judgment, or he might file for bankruptcy and completely wipe out the debt.

I work in the law, my advice, don't even waste you time thinking about filing suit . . .

This person is a professional and will have reasonable income. He is not judgment proof.

But more importantly, he will have to undertake the expense of defending the suit and that may just teach him a lesson and send a message to others thinking about trying the same thing.

If this occurred on the West Coast I might take up the case myself.

chestertime
12-01-2007, 02:47 AM
I work in law . . .

I understand what you're saying but I'm still unclear on one point: do you work in the law? Is your occupation one that could be categorized as being in the legal field? Each day when you are at work, do you do legal things? Because I'm still not sure about whether you 'work in the law.'

anything more than a paralegal i'll be shocked. and that's being generous.

noztnac
12-01-2007, 02:51 AM
Oscar De la Hoya recently had fake photos of him wearing women's underwear posted all over the net. It would be ashamed if someone did such a thing to this guy. :)

xexkxex
12-01-2007, 02:52 AM
Our best response is no response... ignore this guy and let this thread die.

:)