PDA

View Full Version : It's over: Jeb Bush will be the GOP nominee in 2016

RonPaulFanInGA
02-05-2014, 06:20 PM
http://theweek.com/article/index/255974/its-over-jeb-bush-will-be-the-gop-nominee-in-2016

Okay, good point. Maybe I should say that democracy is starting to get me down even more than it usually does.

And why is that? Because it's beginning to dawn on me that Jeb Bush is probably going to be the Republican Party's nominee for president in 2016.

Consider: With the ongoing implosion of Chris Christie's political career, the GOP establishment has lost its best hope for a candidate who could stop a libertarian-populist insurgency during the primaries. Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Scott Walker — the list of viable fire-breathers is longer (and less dominated by incompetents, crazies, and one-note sideshow acts) than establishment types would like.

What are the alternatives?

Brett85
02-05-2014, 06:24 PM
I thought that title was just saracasm when I first read it.

Travlyr
02-05-2014, 06:26 PM
My personal opinion is that by 2016 there will be enough people who understand Jeb Bush's involvement in the events of 9/11 that he may be in jail.

rpfocus
02-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Not buying it. The GOP has to realize the Bush name as of now means an instant loss.

Anti Federalist
02-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Won't click on just a link.

Post at least a paragraph.

phill4paul
02-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Won't click on just a link.

Post at least a paragraph.

Teh Collinz seems to be trending.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-05-2014, 06:33 PM
My personal opinion is that by 2016 there will be enough people who understand Jeb Bush's involvement in the events of 9/11 that he may be in jail.

And you think this...why?

LibertyEagle
02-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Why is he so easily giving up on Rand?

Travlyr
02-05-2014, 06:35 PM
My personal opinion is that you need to open up a window and get some air.

I am serious dude. Jeb Bush's involvement in 9/11 is nothing short of TREASON. Treason is punishable by death according to the Constitution. Jail is being kind to him.

Anti Federalist
02-05-2014, 06:36 PM

Deliberate trolling?

NVM - I see he added a paragraph.

Thanks RPFan

Anti Federalist
02-05-2014, 06:39 PM

Because, deep down, they don't even want to entertain the idea of liberty.

They want to be ruled and bossed over and not venture too far from the mainstream, or they might get out into the outlying waters where the "incompetents and crazies" are.

asurfaholic
02-05-2014, 06:53 PM
It's just another pro establishment piece of garbage article. Let me know when a major publication admits there is no LEFT v RIGHT.

Insiders vs everyone else

VIDEODROME
02-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Not Mitt Romney again?

lol

Anti Federalist
02-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Not Mitt Romney again?

lol

Please, God, no...no...nope.

Dr.3D
02-05-2014, 07:01 PM
If they run him, Hillbilly Clinton will win.

DamianTV
02-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Because, deep down, they don't even want to entertain the idea of liberty.

They want to be ruled and bossed over and not venture too far from the mainstream, or they might get out into the outlying waters where the "incompetents and crazies" are.

Thinking is just too hard for them. Their eyes may be open but no one is home.

phill4paul
02-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Please, God, no...no...nope.

I agree. The big problem being their V.P. picks. If we could just get a McCain/Romney or a Romney/McCain ticket then we are talking gold.

Travlyr
02-05-2014, 07:28 PM
And you think this...why?

Suspected 9-11 Criminal Co-conspirators (http://911justicecampaign.org/suspected-9-11-criminal-coconspirators/)

Jeb Bush — Florida governor on 9-11; declared martial law in Florida four days before 9-11; brother of George Bush; PNAC member; guilty of election fraud in 2000

RandallFan
02-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Christie's implosion divides the establishment. Bush Rubio can't beat Hilary amongst Hispanics. What you are left with is a fat man (who is not as handsome as Christie) who berates Americans as lazy and parades around his deadbeat family as wonderful immigrants.

Jindal and Walker are the establishment pick.

VIDEODROME
02-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Wait...

Perry / Palin

kahless
02-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Not buying it. The GOP has to realize the Bush name as of now means an instant loss.

In the 90s people remembered how bad the economy was under HW Bush. No one wanted to a return of the Bush family. Yet the Republican establishment and the media were able to pull it off in 2000.

The average Joe has had 8 years of the D team in a down economy. Jeb speaks Spanish has a Spanish wife, add Rubio to the ticket or a woman and the media with their Democrat voters will flock to him. Not a fan but no doubt he can beat Hillary.

I wonder at what point in my life time if ever will wealthy Conservatives and Libertarians come forward to finally do something about the media and entertainment industry. Without a voice the chances are high that history will just keep repeating itself with Progressives controlling both parties.

TaftFan
02-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Suspected 9-11 Criminal Co-conspirators (http://911justicecampaign.org/suspected-9-11-criminal-coconspirators/)

And this is your basis for thinking he will be in a jail cell in 2016.

Travlyr
02-05-2014, 08:02 PM
And this is your basis for thinking he will be in a jail cell in 2016.

Well, Jeb Bush should have been in jail in 2001 for voter fraud. His father should have been in jail in 1963 for the murder of JFK. Prescott Bush and George Herbert Walker should have been in jail for funding Hitler in 1942. The fact that we let the Bush family rule over us is disgusting to me.

green73
02-05-2014, 08:06 PM
http://wiki.kgpi.ru/mediawiki/images/thumb/6/68/Skullbones.png/300px-Skullbones.png

Tywysog Cymru
02-05-2014, 08:34 PM
If Jeb is the nominee, I guess I'll probably have to vote for Gary Johnson:eek:.

anaconda
02-05-2014, 08:36 PM
I don't see where the author said why he was opposed to a "libertarian-populist insurgency." His pejorative links went to Rick Perry, Michele Bachmann, and Herman Cain.

eduardo89
02-05-2014, 08:38 PM

lol

Matt Collins
02-05-2014, 08:42 PM
That's what she said? :confused: :rolleyes: ;) :p :cool:

Matt Collins
02-05-2014, 08:43 PM
My Florida contacts have been telling me all along that Jeb is gearing up for a run in 2016

NewRightLibertarian
02-05-2014, 08:46 PM
Hope they do run him. The loss might be the death of the GOP establishment.

Dr.3D
02-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Hope they do run him. The loss might be the death of the GOP establishment.
I just hate the thought of another eight years of Clinton.

PaulConventionWV
02-05-2014, 08:48 PM

You're dreaming.

NewRightLibertarian
02-05-2014, 08:49 PM
I just hate the thought of another eight years of Clinton.

Me too, but it's better that someone like that be in power when the shit hits the fan so they take the blame.

PaulConventionWV
02-05-2014, 08:50 PM

Was there ever a point where he gave up, or does he just flat out despise the notion of a "libertarian-populist" infesting the GOP with cooties?

PaulConventionWV
02-05-2014, 08:52 PM
I am serious dude. Jeb Bush's involvement in 9/11 is nothing short of TREASON. Treason is punishable by death according to the Constitution. Jail is being kind to him.

You act like we should be shocked. Treason is commonplace now, except when it's done in ways that are not in the interest of government. What makes you think the whole system that allows things like that to happen is going to suddenly unravel in the span of a few years? I see no indication that TPTB are losing control that badly, if at all.

Tywysog Cymru
02-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Me too, but it's better that someone like that be in power when the shit hits the fan so they take the blame.

That's what I think too. If things go really poorly under Clinton then Rand might be able to win in 2020.

PaulConventionWV
02-05-2014, 08:58 PM

I just can't understand why you would think people are suddenly going to start caring about this information in the next few years. People know this and they dismiss it because it upsets the status quo. The vast majority of people still simply won't recognize what happened on 9/11. Couple that with the fact that they couldn't put an influential person in jail if they wanted to and you have a pipe dream. Jeb Bush isn't going to jail in the next few years, nor likely ever.

Dr.3D
02-05-2014, 08:59 PM
That's what I think too. If things go really poorly under Clinton then Rand might be able to win in 2020.
Hey, I doubt I'm going to live that long. It's gotta be Rand this time around or I may never see any change.

ctiger2
02-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Either Jeb will be the GOP nominee OR you'll see a Clinton/Bush ticket for the Fascist team.

PaulConventionWV
02-05-2014, 09:02 PM
In the 90s people remembered how bad the economy was under HW Bush. No one wanted to a return of the Bush family. Yet the Republican establishment and the media were able to pull it off in 2000.

The average Joe has had 8 years of the D team in a down economy. Jeb speaks Spanish has a Spanish wife, add Rubio to the ticket or a woman and the media with their Democrat voters will flock to him. Not a fan but no doubt he can beat Hillary.

I wonder at what point in my life time if ever will wealthy Conservatives and Libertarians come forward to finally do something about the media and entertainment industry. Without a voice the chances are high that history will just keep repeating itself with Progressives controlling both parties.

One Bush may not have been enough for America to learn, but two could very well do the trick. People may not have realized how bad HW Bush was, but after 2 it starts being a possible trend, something you want to avoid. Of course, the elections are probably rigged anyway, so I don't know how reliable my opinion is.

cajuncocoa
02-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Jeb Bush?? They can't be that stupid.....can they?

Dr.3D
02-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Well, that ran Mitt didn't they?

green73
02-05-2014, 09:04 PM
If Jeb is the nominee, I guess I'll probably have to vote for Gary Johnson:eek:.

Whatever happens. you better vote.

PaulConventionWV
02-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Well, Jeb Bush should have been in jail in 2001 for voter fraud. His father should have been in jail in 1963 for the murder of JFK. Prescott Bush and George Herbert Walker should have been in jail for funding Hitler in 1942. The fact that we let the Bush family rule over us is disgusting to me.

...and really only works against your notion that somehow Jeb Bush is going to end up in a jail cell despite he and his entire family avoiding jail despite some of the most heinous crimes in history.

green73
02-05-2014, 09:05 PM

They got Junior in. Why not?

PaulConventionWV
02-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Hey, I doubt I'm going to live that long. It's gotta be Rand this time around or I may never see any change.

I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe politics isn't your thing.

kahless
02-05-2014, 09:07 PM

They are brilliant. They control both parties and maintain their control of the process by heavily investing in the news media and entertainment industry.

It is a win for the establishment if it is Hillary or Jeb.

Tywysog Cymru
02-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Speaking of Jeb Bush 2016, has Florida changed the voting machines? If not, maybe some Democrats will accidentally vote for a third party liberty candidate.

PaulConventionWV
02-05-2014, 09:10 PM

I tend to think that's a little different. People may be too stupid to know a fake when they see one, but they are not too stupid to have knee-jerk reactions to stigmatized terms. Bush is a pretty bad one. I honestly don't think people are that stupid... yet. God, smite me if I'm wrong.

PaulConventionWV
02-05-2014, 09:11 PM

Two's company, three's a crowd.

green73
02-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Two's company, three's a crowd.

I stand corrected.

cajuncocoa
02-05-2014, 09:20 PM

Yeah, I know.

Yeah, I really do know.

They are brilliant. They control both parties and maintain their control of the process by heavily investing in the news media and entertainment industry.

It is a win for the establishment if it is Hillary or Jeb.

OK! I know! It was a rhetorical comment on my part.

I just hope the voting public isn't that stupid....there would be no better time for a 3rd party victory than if the 2 major bumblers nominate Hillary vs. Jeb.

Assuming our votes mean anything anyway.

And yeah...I already know that Boobus is capable of that much stupidity.

LibertyEagle
02-05-2014, 09:56 PM
One Bush may not have been enough for America to learn, but two could very well do the trick. People may not have realized how bad HW Bush was, but after 2 it starts being a possible trend, something you want to avoid. Of course, the elections are probably rigged anyway, so I don't know how reliable my opinion is.

If you think they are rigged, NOW would be the time to take action to get the voting machines thrown out of your state. It's too late after the presidential campaign season starts.

green73
02-05-2014, 10:03 PM
If you think they are rigged, NOW would be the time to take action to get the voting machines thrown out of your state. It's too late after the presidential campaign season starts.

You're right we need to educate people. God forbid Rand make an issue of it. But once he's elected maybe he will.

LibertyEagle
02-06-2014, 06:16 AM
You're right we need to educate people. God forbid Rand make an issue of it. But once he's elected maybe he will.

The only person you need to educate is the person in your state government who is responsible for the voting machines. Take the data and go present it to them and get the machines thrown out. The person/office varies in every state.. I'm talking real data here. There have been more than a couple testimonies before Congress about these

Peace&Freedom
02-06-2014, 07:32 AM
OF COURSE Bush has the inside track to 2016. Always has been, with Christie emerging as a plausible backup. The GOP "establishment" are the same folks behind the Democratic establishment, that explains why they would opt for Jeb. The Plan A might very well be to ensure the GOP nominee is an establishment toady weak enough to lose to Hillary.

Plan B is he defeats Hillary, in which case the establishment still has one of their own in the White House. The one complication is the candidate needed to be strong enough to win the nomination over the liberty or TP candidates in the '16 field.

PaulConventionWV
02-06-2014, 07:42 AM

I don't know how. Do you?

A well-placed, strongly-worded letter, perhaps?

Dianne
02-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Not Mitt Romney again?

lol

I believe Mitt is running again. I don't know if you've noticed that he's resurfaced within the past two months and is often on FAUX news; sounding more and more like a candidate everyday.

pcosmar
02-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Not a fan but no doubt he can beat Hillary.

I have heard that before. (McCain, Romney)

And what if the "D"s don't run Hilliary?

What if they promote some other unknown out of obscurity,, like they did with Obama?

Christian Liberty
02-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Why is he so easily giving up on Rand?Honestly, I don't think Rand has much of a chance. I hope he does, but I doubt it. People don't want liberty badly enough.

If Jeb is the nominee, I guess I'll probably have to vote for Gary Johnson:eek:.Better than Jeb Bush or Hillary;)

Whatever happens. you better vote.http://www.wendymcelroy.com/print.php?news.2524

NY would probably legitimately vote Dem in any situation.

vita3
02-06-2014, 08:13 AM
Tee him up & swing away.

Cleaner44
02-06-2014, 08:53 AM
The establishment is going to have a really hard time convincing Republican primary voters that Rand is unelectable and that Jeb is electable. That bullshit won't work in 2015-16. Republican voters are tired of losing and many of them now know that they got scammed with the Romney is the "electable candidate" trick. The voters aren't going to be interested in Jeb.

pcosmar
02-06-2014, 09:52 AM
The establishment is going to have a really hard time convincing Republican primary voters that Rand is unelectable and that Jeb is electable. That bullshit won't work in 2015-16. Republican voters are tired of losing and many of them now know that they got scammed with the Romney is the "electable candidate" trick. The voters aren't going to be interested in Jeb.

Don't underestimate TPTB.

If they don't want him (Rand),, they will black him out,, or disparage him,, or both. And if he persists they will simply kill him.

If TPTB want him,, Then he is not our friend.

Oh,, and the voters will support whoever they are told to. on both sides of the isle.
And the power brokers own both sides,, so "R" or "D" is really irrelevant.
As long as the people get to chose one,, the illusion of choice continues.

Peace&Freedom
02-06-2014, 01:07 PM

We can hope so, but remember that this is a logical conclusion, given past election cycles. Did the failure of "electable" McCain convince Republican voters in 2012 that "they got scammed," so as not to fall for the "electable candidate" trick with Romney? Or did they simply get Fox Snoozed into the next establishment scam?

Once TPTB engineer early primary victories for their mainstream chosen one, then the emotion of "the train is leaving the station, let's hop on this one" takes over. The establishment's frontrunner then becomes the rank and file's "electable one," and everybody else in the field is treated as irrelevant or a nuisance. The rank and file have to be shaken out of their trance, not merely persuaded to see reason. I discussed this in a previous thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?435144-IF-Republicans-Have-Enough-Sense-to-Nominate-Rand-THEN-the-GOP-is-Guaranteed-the-White-House&p=5336672#post5336672

kahless
02-06-2014, 01:23 PM
I have heard that before. (McCain, Romney)

You have heard that from establishment hacks. Who did not believe in these forums McCain was a weak candidate with no chance of winning. The guy had so little support from within his own party he almost had to sell his bus in the December before the NH primary. If it was not for FNC and Neocon talk radio campaigning for him in that short period of time that gave him the numbers in NH he would have had to drop out of the race.

The Tea Party protests against Romney-Obamacare and the individual mandate made it pretty clear back in 09 that he was another weak candidate that had no chance.

Jeb on the other hand does not have the baggage that Romney has and it is not a weak candidate like McCain.

And what if the "D"s don't run Hilliary?

What if they promote some other unknown out of obscurity,, like they did with Obama?

They may to give the illusion of a race but she is the anointed one. Just as they wanted the first black President regardless of his policies, this time around it is going to be about the first woman President regardless of her policies and history.

pcosmar
02-06-2014, 01:34 PM
They may to give the illusion of a race but she is the anointed one. Just as they wanted the first black President regardless of his policies, this time around it is going to be about the first woman President regardless of her policies and history.

http://cdn.grumpyelder.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Hillary-Clinton-what-difference-does-it-make.jpg

Cleaner44
02-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Don't underestimate TPTB.

If they don't want him (Rand),, they will black him out,, or disparage him,, or both. And if he persists they will simply kill him.

If TPTB want him,, Then he is not our friend.

Oh,, and the voters will support whoever they are told to. on both sides of the isle.
And the power brokers own both sides,, so "R" or "D" is really irrelevant.
As long as the people get to chose one,, the illusion of choice continues.

We can hope so, but remember that this is a logical conclusion, given past election cycles. Did the failure of "electable" McCain convince Republican voters in 2012 that "they got scammed," so as not to fall for the "electable candidate" trick with Romney? Or did they simply get Fox Snoozed into the next establishment scam?

Once TPTB engineer early primary victories for their mainstream chosen one, then the emotion of "the train is leaving the station, let's hop on this one" takes over. The establishment's frontrunner then becomes the rank and file's "electable one," and everybody else in the field is treated as irrelevant or a nuisance. The rank and file have to be shaken out of their trance, not merely persuaded to see reason. I discussed this in a previous thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?435144-IF-Republicans-Have-Enough-Sense-to-Nominate-Rand-THEN-the-GOP-is-Guaranteed-the-White-House&p=5336672#post5336672

I hear what you guys are saying, but at the same time it is impossible to ignore how much progress we have made with Republican voters. We have made many believers over the last few years. John friggin McCain just got censured by the GOP here in this state that he has held office in since the 1980s.

Mr.NoSmile
02-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Benghazi isn't going to be the nail in the coffin that many think it will, especially with Democrats coming to Clinton's defense.

Jeb Bush has to have something going against him aside from the Bush name, which it looks as if the higher-ups are willing to ignore.

armstrong
02-06-2014, 01:43 PM
just say NO to a bush,a romney,a mccain, a christy,a perry or anyone from florida or new york or lets see new Orleans..

we should start a drive to get all the people who are fed up , dems and repubs alike to unregister to vote as dems or repubs, lets see them take polls then!

I can see it now 6 out of the 10 dems left see it this way and 6 out of the 10 repubs left see it this way....got to love that thought.

pcosmar
02-06-2014, 01:46 PM
John friggin McCain just got censured by the GOP here in this state that he has held office in since the 1980s.

and that means what exactly?

pcosmar
02-06-2014, 01:48 PM
Jeb Bush has to have something going against him aside from the Bush name, which it looks as if the higher-ups are willing to ignore.

Amnesty for Illegals?
Biometric ID,, (Real ID)?

armstrong
02-06-2014, 01:56 PM
both parties are the same ,,,and from where I am, all are seeing that,,ripe for 3rd party now ,

kahless
02-06-2014, 02:08 PM
Amnesty for Illegals?
Biometric ID,, (Real ID)?

Add:
His support for the Internet tax. The billion dollar pay day for Amazon, Walmart, etc.
Common Core.

jllundqu
02-06-2014, 02:48 PM
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa239/xphire/mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

Christian Liberty
02-06-2014, 03:02 PM
just say NO to a bush,a romney,a mccain, a christy,a perry or anyone from florida or new york or lets see new Orleans..

C'mon. We're not ALL bad. FreedomFanatic for President in 2032. Abolish ALL coercion, ALL taxation, and ALL legalized murder:)