PDA

View Full Version : NSA Says Snowden Leaks Put US Soldiers at Risk

aGameOfThrones
02-05-2014, 05:55 PM
op U.S. intelligence officials say leaks by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden have put members of all branches of the U.S. military and other U.S. personnel abroad at risk, and that the Pentagon has had to make costly changes. The officials testified to a congressional panel about worldwide threats to U.S. national security.

Defense Intelligence Agency Chief Michael Flynn told the House Intelligence Committee that revelations by Edward Snowden, who is now living in Russia , have put the lives of U.S. service members in danger, and that the Pentagon is making adjustments.

Related: Terrorists Rewrite Their Manual to Comply with Snowden’s Leaks

'Everything that he touched, we assume that he took, stole,' he said. 'So we assume the worst case in how we are reviewing all of the Defense Department's actions, events, exercises around the world.'

Director of National Intelligence James Clapper again called on Snowden and anyone who is helping him to return all stolen documents that have not yet been published.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nsa-says-snowden-leaks-put-171100624.html

surf
02-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Defense Intelligence Agency Chief Michael Flynn told the House Intelligence Committee that revelations by Edward Snowden, who is now living in Russia , have put the lives of U.S. service members in danger, and that the Pentagon is making adjustments.yeah, roadside bombs, limbless vets, ptsd.... blame Snowden, not foreign "policy"

LibertyEagle
02-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Director of National Intelligence James Clapper again called on Snowden and anyone who is helping him to return all stolen documents that have not yet been published.

I call on the Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, to present himself to the closest penitentiary for life imprisonment for spying on American citizens, lying to Congress about it and violating his oath of office to the Constitution.

Anti Federalist
02-05-2014, 06:57 PM
I call on the Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, to present himself to the closest penitentiary for life imprisonment for spying on American citizens, lying to Congress about it and violating his oath of office to the Constitution.

Hear hear.

But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

This whole monstrosity (total NSA surveillance) was convicted felon John Poindexter's idea anyway.

DamianTV
02-05-2014, 07:04 PM

Obama called Clapper out and basically told Clapper that he should have lied better.

The thing is, if we are dependant on Lies to protect ourselves, maybe the Lie is evidence that we have done something wrong? Like piss off a bunch of people for decades then act all shocked and suprised when then finally retaliate against the Liars?

Snowden revealed the Lies. Nothing more, nothing less. For govt to not condemn Snowden would in and of itself be an admission of guilt.

paulbot24
02-05-2014, 07:16 PM
'Everything that he touched, we assume that he took, stole,' he said. 'So we assume the worst case in how we are reviewing all of the Defense Department's actions, events, exercises around the world.'

Kind of like denouncing him as a traitor before any kind of a trial was even considered. Everything that Clapper said, we now know was bullshit and what of that? No talk of trial has been considered for him either..? Oh yeah, that's right, because no talk of charges will ever happen. Got it.

unconsious767
02-05-2014, 07:40 PM

If you don't want your Clapper, you can keep your Clapper!

Thor
02-05-2014, 08:25 PM
For the safety of the soldiers, they should bring them home then. Every. Last. One. Of. Them.

paulbot24
02-05-2014, 08:30 PM
And give up our strategic position around EastAsia? We're always at war with EastAsia!

Christian Liberty
02-05-2014, 08:44 PM
op U.S. intelligence officials say leaks by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden have put members of all branches of the U.S. military

You know what? At the risk of losing the respect of some here... I really don't give a crap.

Don't want to get shot, don't take a job that requires you to murder other people.

Its really that simple. Stay away from the US military. If you still voluntarily join, I have a hard time mustering any compassion. Soldiers, you are part of the problem.

paulbot24
02-05-2014, 08:55 PM
You know what? At the risk of losing the respect of some here... I really don't give a crap.

Don't want to get shot, don't take a job that requires you to murder other people.

Its really that simple. Stay away from the US military. If you still voluntarily join, I have a hard time mustering any compassion. Soldiers, you are part of the problem.

At least you get to keep your gun rights while you are in! However if you go back to the civilian life, the DHS and SPLC will label you as a "likely home grown terrorist" because of your military background and knowledge about all sorts of guns and explosives and stuff, which seems kind of suspicious.....:rolleyes:

Christian Liberty
02-05-2014, 08:58 PM
At least you get to keep your gun rights while you are in! However if you go back to the civilian life, the DHS and SPLC will label you as a "likely home grown terrorist" because of your military background and knowledge about all sorts of guns and explosives and stuff, which seems kind of suspicious.....:rolleyes:

The whole point of gun rights is to keep our own government in check. Arming the agents of the State, whether soldiers, cops, or whoever, is ANATHEMA to this goal.

Of course, the skills gained might be useful for something else that can negatively affect the government, but "service" itself helps the government. That the ideology of "the troops" may be in line with ours doesn't change the fact that what they are doing is bad. The people who kill them are defending their own countries from aggression.

paulbot24
02-05-2014, 09:16 PM
The whole point of gun rights is to keep our own government in check. Arming the agents of the State, whether soldiers, cops, or whoever, is ANATHEMA to this goal.

Of course, the skills gained might be useful for something else that can negatively affect the government, but "service" itself helps the government. That the ideology of "the troops" may be in line with ours doesn't change the fact that what they are doing is bad. The people who kill them are defending their own countries from aggression.

Settle down Freedom. I was being sarcastic. I find it bizarre that the government becomes suspicious of the people they weapons train in the military because of the weapons training they provided after this individual just finished their voluntary State cannon-fodder service. I don't know how they can maintain their recruiting quotas when it is pretty fucking obvious that they aren't out there protecting our "freedoms" or "our way of life" or any of that shit. How do you talk anybody into that now? Its not worth the college money when you come back missing your arms and legs and you're all PTSD'd out for life.

DGambler
02-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Settle down Freedom. I was being sarcastic. I find it bizarre that the government becomes suspicious of the people they weapons train in the military because of the weapons training they provided after this individual just finished their voluntary State cannon-fodder service. I don't know how they can maintain their recruiting quotas when it is pretty fucking obvious that they aren't out there protecting our "freedoms" or "our way of life" or any of that shit. How do you talk anybody into that now? Its not worth the college money when you come back missing your arms and legs and you're all PTSD'd out for life.

But hey, they make great cops once they get home!

LibertyEagle
02-06-2014, 12:20 PM

Well, you can just become a policeman when you get back home. That way, you can keep your guns and still pretend you're fighting a war, but this time, against the American people. See, problem solved.

HOLLYWOOD
02-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Okay nuw here';s some real bullshit... Military Industrial Complex stooge Mike Rogers(R-MI) questioning DIA director Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn. NOTE: Talk About if this was in a court, it would be called, "LEADING THE WITNESS"

FFWD to the 33:30 mark and watch Mike Rogers in action... what a scumbag

Full CSPAN coverage of the hearing: http://www.c-span.org/video/?317554-1/GlobalThrea