PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Postal Service Announces Giant Ammo Purchase

donnay
02-05-2014, 05:31 PM
U.S. Postal Service Announces Giant Ammo Purchase

Post Office joins other federal agencies stockpiling over two billion rounds of ammo

Kit Daniels
Infowars.com
February 5, 2014

The U.S. Postal Service is currently seeking companies that can provide “assorted small arms ammunition” in the near future.

On Jan. 31, the USPS Supplies and Services Purchasing Office posted a notice on the Federal Business Opportunities website asking contractors to register with USPS as potential ammunition suppliers for a variety of cartridges.

“The United States Postal Service intends to solicit proposals for assorted small arms ammunition,” the notice reads, which also mentioned a deadline of Feb. 10.

The Post Office published the notice just two days after Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) announced his proposal to remove a federal gun ban that prevents lawful concealed carry holders from carrying handguns inside post offices across the country.

Ironically the Postal Service isn’t the first non-law enforcement agency seeking firearms and ammunition.

Continued... (http://www.infowars.com/u-s-postal-service-announces-giant-ammo-purchase/)

DamianTV
02-05-2014, 07:15 PM
What the hell does the Post Office need ammo for? They are only achiving making themselves more and more obsolete, but the replacements arent much better.

Dr.3D
02-05-2014, 07:18 PM
What the hell does the Post Office need ammo for? They are only achiving making themselves more and more obsolete, but the replacements arent much better.
Maybe they plan on passing it out to all of their employees and then have a special day when everybody goes postal.

ZENemy
02-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I dont get this one.

Can one of our local trolls inform about these freedom bullets?

Pericles
02-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I dont get this one.

Can one of our local trolls inform about these freedom bullets?

Probably postal inspectors - who you report theft of mail to for investigation. Steal a package from the USPS and you go to federal prison. Steal a package from UPS and an insurance claim gets filed and lost.

paulbot24
02-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Somebody better tell the dogs!

Kotin
02-05-2014, 07:44 PM
... ok what ???

Thor
02-05-2014, 08:26 PM
First in with a "going postal" rub....

They are ALL going to "go postal!"

Dr.3D
02-05-2014, 08:31 PM

Not really.... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?443342-U-S-Postal-Service-Announces-Giant-Ammo-Purchase&p=5405410&viewfull=1#post5405410

DamianTV
02-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Maybe they plan on passing it out to all of their employees and then have a special day when everybody goes postal.

That is a truly scary thought...

tangent4ronpaul
02-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Ironically the Postal Service isn’t the first non-law enforcement agency seeking firearms and ammunition.

From Wikipedia:

Law enforcement agencies[edit]

Postal Inspection Service[edit]
The United States Postal Inspection Service (USPIS) is one of the oldest law enforcement agencies in the U.S. Founded by Benjamin Franklin, its mission is to protect the Postal Service, its employees, and its customers from crime and protect the nation's mail system from criminal misuse.[93]
Postal Inspectors enforce over 200 federal laws providing for the protection of mail in investigations of crimes that may adversely affect or fraudulently use the U.S. Mail, the postal system or postal employees.
The USPIS has the power to enforce the USPS monopoly by conducting search and seizure raids on entities they suspect of sending non-urgent mail through overnight delivery competitors. According to the American Enterprise Institute, a private conservative think tank, the USPIS raided Equifax offices in 1993 to ascertain if the mail they were sending through Federal Express was truly "extremely urgent." It was found that the mail was not, and Equifax was fined $30,000.[94]
Lastly, the PIS oversees the activities of the Postal Police Force who patrol in and around selected high-risk postal facilities in major metropolitan areas in the United States and its territories.
Office of Inspector General[edit]
The United States Postal Service Office of Inspector General (OIG) was authorized by law in 1996. Prior to the 1996 legislation, the Postal Inspection Service performed the duties of the OIG. The Inspector General, who is independent of postal management, is appointed by and reports directly to the nine presidentially appointed, Senate–confirmed members of the Board of Governors of the United States Postal Service.
The primary purpose of the OIG is to prevent, detect and report fraud, waste and program abuse, and promote efficiency in the operations of the Postal Service. The OIG has "oversight" responsibility for all activities of the Postal Inspection Service.

USPIS has 1,000 armed officers. They are issued shotguns and a side arm. There are 31,000 post offices.

2 Billion rounds is a total in the past 2 years for all non-military procurement, mostly DHS. USPS is NOT buying all it's guards 2 Million rounds each.

The solicitation did not mention a quantity of ammo.

AJ :rolleyes:

-t

Thor
02-05-2014, 08:52 PM

Not really.... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?443342-U-S-Postal-Service-Announces-Giant-Ammo-Purchase&p=5405410&viewfull=1#post5405410

You used "goes postal". I used "going postal" and "go postal". So technically... ;-)

MelissaWV
02-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Tell you what, post office. You can buy your ammo from me. If you act fast, you can buy "Forever Bullets" at the going rate. Oh what's that? You can't come in until next week to buy ammo and you can only buy a case? Well I'm sorry there's going to be a price hike, and we'll only have Elvis Presley bullets. When you come back in a month, the price will have gone up again, and you'll have to stand in line, and I'm afraid we're planning on bullets that have clowns on them, but if you put all four bullets together it also makes a picture of a hamburger. We call that our "Americana" collection.

Anyhow, my bullets are guaranteed to fire, unless it's a Sunday, or a Federal holiday, or there are delays at airports, or the machine eats it up, or you needed to use more than one bullet (please see the height/weight chart), or any other reason I can think of.

Cleaner44
02-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Seems like a pattern of federal agencies stockpiling ammo. Is it a matter of Obama attempting to decrease supply?

LibertyEagle
02-05-2014, 09:57 PM
Probably postal inspectors - who you report theft of mail to for investigation. Steal a package from the USPS and you go to federal prison. Steal a package from UPS and an insurance claim gets filed and lost.

Yeah, the postal inspectors have always been armed.

VoluntaryAmerican
02-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Very weird.
3,000 total employees at Dept of Education
spent $80,000 on glocks
cost of a glock estimated to be $450
= 177 guns

security guards or something?

CPUd
02-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Seems like a pattern of federal agencies stockpiling ammo. Is it a matter of Obama attempting to decrease supply?

USPS are not really stockpiling, just looking to buy. Other agencies have bought some, but mostly have been awarding long-term contracts to suppliers, either with open quantities, or maximum quantities. Infowars likes to add up all the numbers, whether delivered or not, because big numbers sound scary.

These agencies do take delivery on ammo though.

Ronin Truth
02-05-2014, 11:48 PM
I guess now I'm going to need to start being nicer to my mail man at Christmas time.

oyarde
02-06-2014, 01:01 AM

Yeah , they carry shotguns , lol , so do I . I am uninterested in what they do , but obviously they are uninvited here .

oyarde
02-06-2014, 01:04 AM
Very weird.
3,000 total employees at Dept of Education
spent $80,000 on glocks
cost of a glock estimated to be $450
= 177 guns

security guards or something?

Dept of Ed has Swat teams . I never took a student loan , if they show up here I figure they plan to kill me because they are at the wrong address and will act accordingly .LOL