PDA

View Full Version : Establishment candidate Thom Tillis getting bad press for skipping debates

aclove
02-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Greg Brannon's establishment opponent has skipped 4 consecutive debates, and national press is starting to notice.

hxxp://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/197473-north-carolina-conservatives-wonder-wheres-thom-tillis

sluggo
02-05-2014, 11:53 AM
The local talk radio station has been hammering Tillis for this very reason.

In fact, Greg Brannon was interviewed on the same station this morning. I'm trying to get the audio posted later today.

Bastiat's The Law
02-05-2014, 12:03 PM
The local talk radio station has been hammering Tillis for this very reason.

In fact, Greg Brannon was interviewed on the same station this morning. I'm trying to get the audio posted later today.

I'm excited to hear it!

tsai3904
02-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Why is it that Brannon has 18k more Facebook likes than Tillis but all of Tillis' posts get way more shares, likes, and comments? Tillis is generating a lot more Fb buzz than Brannon with a lot less likes, which indicates that Brannon's team isn't utilizing Fb to their advantage.

Bastiat's The Law
02-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Why is it that Brannon has 18k more Facebook likes than Tillis but all of Tillis' posts get way more shares, likes, and comments? Tillis is generating a lot more Fb buzz than Brannon with a lot less likes, which indicates that Brannon's team isn't utilizing Fb to their advantage.

That's weird. I've never been on Tillis' page before.

jurgs01
02-05-2014, 12:29 PM
That's weird. I've never been on Tillis' page before.

You need to pay to play on Facebook now, or have a lot of dedicated followers like and comment on your stuff.

eduardo89
02-05-2014, 12:37 PM

He probably pays to have his posts promoted by Facebook.

Mr.NoSmile
02-05-2014, 12:39 PM

It's not impossible that Tillis' team is better with social media than Brannon is. We focus so much on the teams, crews and power behind candidates we like that, you know, we forget that there's a possibility that we can be bested in areas we feel we can excel. It's like when we say something about candidates buying Facebook likes when we don't consider the possibility that they may be better at social media than we are.

tsai3904
02-05-2014, 12:42 PM
He probably pays to have his posts promoted by Facebook.

Either that or they understand that pictures usually make people share the post more. If you look at FreedomWorks, all they do is post pictures and ask people to share, and lots of people do it. Tillis seems to be utilizing the same strategy and its working.

Mr.NoSmile
02-06-2014, 04:01 PM
This article actually put Brannon in a good light compared to the others:

The third candidate present, Greg Brannon, apparently was more sensible and cautious, avoiding such rash talk. That alone makes him a more credible candidate, in my view, than Grant and Walker, who may feel their only chance of winning the nomination is by taking the most radical right-wing positions that might appeal to the most motivated primary voters. I hope they're wrong.

http://www.news-record.com/blogs/clark_off_the_record/article_2f5d6656-8a83-11e3-8f8d-001a4bcf6878.html

eduardo89
02-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Either that or they understand that pictures usually make people share the post more. If you look at FreedomWorks, all they do is post pictures and ask people to share, and lots of people do it. Tillis seems to be utilizing the same strategy and its working.

There was an article (I think with Kibbe) where he talked about how to reach more people. They basically only share pictures and only do it once or max twice a day.

devil21
02-06-2014, 09:19 PM

It's probably paid astroturf.

Keep skipping debates Thom. Some of us will put in the time and effort to make sure you lose this election. Keep drinking your whiskey cokes and hoping your money wins.