PDA

View Full Version : Judge Scolds Jury For Getting The Verdict "Wrong"

DamianTV
02-05-2014, 02:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqOPxlxcgyk

Video came out in August so its not recent. I dont think its been posted, but I could be wrong on that.

The idiot reporter thinks her personal opinion of the judge is worth a damn. So on the whole Josie the Outlaw trip, lets just reply with this:

Josie the Outlaw - The True Duty of a Jury

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=l7nqdV7wV2k

KCIndy
02-05-2014, 02:39 AM
If jury nullification ever catches on....

....watch how fast a Constitutional Amendment eliminating juries gets pushed through.

For our own safety, of course.

Anti Federalist
02-05-2014, 02:51 AM
If jury nullification ever catches on....

....watch how fast a Constitutional Amendment eliminating juries gets pushed through.

For our own safety, of course.

Not at first...

It won't require anything so drastic, just some "policy" changes that say you can be convicted by a simple majority and not a unanimous decision.

7 to 5 = Guilty.

Democracy.

Off to the rape cage for 30 years.

kcchiefs6465
02-05-2014, 02:52 AM
Not at first...

It won't require anything so drastic, just some "policy" changes that say you can be convicted by a simple majority and not a unanimous decision.

7 to 5 = Guilty.

Democracy.

Off to the rape cage for 30 years.
You are not wrong.

kcchiefs6465
02-05-2014, 03:02 AM
[un]Surprisingly it seems more to be the violation of tradition or the disrespect of ritual that causes people to rise instead of what they are ultimately rising up from under.

DamianTV
02-05-2014, 03:08 AM
Then we are doing our job.

Next problem is they dont eliminate the Jury. Thats the job of Plea Bargins and Plea Deals. Even though youre not guilty, plead guilty anyway for a chance at a lesser sentence. The Jury is rarely ever used thanks to clever legal manipulations and distortions of the law to erode our Rights and ability to defend ourselves. You'd be suprised how many of your Rights you will be denied if you are called to court. They'll tell you that you've already waived your Right to a Fair Trial, Jury Trial, and every other Right you have through manipulative trickery.

When the time comes, the need of Courts will simply be eliminated entirely, just as Obama is doing to Congress with his mighty Pen and Phone.

(Please let me be wrong on this. Please.)

tod evans
02-05-2014, 05:53 AM
The emperors ass is showing....

:D

Neil Desmond
02-05-2014, 06:38 AM
I think judges ought to be able to tell a jury that they got the verdict wrong, but only when the jury finds the defendant guilty. A judge ought to only be able to tell a jury that they should have found the defendant not guilty, but not the other way around.

I'm not sure, but I think a judge can actually reverse a guilty verdict, but not an acquittal.

Acala
02-05-2014, 06:55 AM
A jury CAN'T be wrong when it acquits because the job of the jury is NOT to decide whether or not the defendant actually did the act of which he is accused. The job of the jury is to decide whether or not the State PROVED the case to the jury. "Not guilty" is just a shorthand way of saying "the State failed to prove its case to the jury". And so if the jury says that the State failed to prove the case, the defendant is, by definition, not guilty. Nobody else can even HAVE an opinion on guilt although they may have an opinion on whether or not the defendant "did it", because the opinion of guilt or not guilt can, as a matter of law, ONLY exist in the mind of the jury.

pcosmar
02-05-2014, 07:37 AM
Not at first...

They have almost eliminated Juries as it is.

Plea Bargains are the rule,, rather than the exception.

donnay
02-05-2014, 07:57 AM
All she needs is a pointy black hat and a broom. SMH

Yay for the jury members for doing their civic duty right!!

aGameOfThrones
02-05-2014, 02:27 PM
She's not corrupt.... she's just job-confuse.

phill4paul
02-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Did the jury foreman instruct the bailiff to arrest the judge for contempt of court?

Deborah K
02-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Jury nullification ftw.