PDA

View Full Version : Man Calls 911 For Help With Suicidal ex-Girlfriend -- They Shoot Her To Death

SeanTX
02-04-2014, 08:13 AM
When will people learn that these people are the last you want to call for their "help"? They were probably all amped up knowing she had a gun, and started screaming the usual contradictory commands and she didn't immediately comply, so , bang bang.

In the comments on another article about this a commenter who claimed to have lived nearby said he/she saw the officers high-fiving afterwards. Who knows if that's true, but it's certainly a possibility.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20140128/articles/131209974?p=1&tc=pg#gsc.tab=0

Woman identified in overnight officer-involved shooting

Published: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 at 12:30 a.m.

The ex-boyfriend of a woman shot and killed early Tuesday in a police confrontation called 911 because he thought she was suicidal, 911 audio reveals.

"My ex-girlfriend ... she ran out of the house and I think she's going to kill herself," the unidentified man on Tabor Lane said in the 911 recording released Monday afternoon. "She's been sitting here texting me on the phone and I've been trying to talk her out of it. There's nothing I can do to help it, so I'm calling you guys. I didn't wanna. But I don't have any choice."

Wilmington police identified the victim of the shooting as 21-year-old Grace Louise Denk.

The caller said he was uncertain where Denk went but that she'd been drinking, and he suggested officers look at her home on Woodburn Court.

snip

Denk was killed after police responded to a report of a domestic dispute in the 700 block of Tabor Lane at 1:17 a.m., according to Wilmington Police Department spokeswoman Linda Rawley. The dispatch log labels the incident as a "welfare check."

snip

At 1:43:18, 26 seconds after the car stopped, an officer reported Denk had a gun. At 1:44, an officer reported shots had been fired.

Rawley refused to say whether police shot Denk, but she confirmed the two officers involved fired their handguns. Both are on paid administrative leave.

Denk was pronounced dead at New Hanover Regional Medical Center a short time later. The dispatch log indicates she suffered a gunshot wound to the chest.

Rawley said the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation is handling the investigation.

Kyle Puckett, who lives nearby on Sunglow Drive, said he was asleep when a volley of gunshots awoke him. Puckett pointed out the location between two saplings where he first saw the victim's Nissan Pathfinder. All that remained of the law enforcement activity by 8 a.m. was a portion of crime scene tape on a tree.

"I heard three or four shots and yelling. They were telling the lady to get down in a profane and aggressive way ," Puckett said.

He said when he reached his front window, he could see two police cars and a body lying in the street on Tabor Lane. Shortly after, he said, the usually quiet street of single-family homes off North Kerr Avenue was teeming with law enforcement officers.
snip

tod evans
02-04-2014, 08:15 AM
She did it to herself...:rolleyes:

otherone
02-04-2014, 08:21 AM
Suicide by cop.

http://waitingforluca.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/mission-accomplished.jpg

mrsat_98
02-04-2014, 08:25 AM
She did it to herself...:rolleyes:

She did not, otherwise they would not have had to call the police for help. She got the shit protected and served out of her.

SeanTX
02-04-2014, 08:32 AM
"Suicide by cop" usually involves going out of one's way to interact with the police to elicit the desired response. Like what one guy locally did a year or so back, he called 911 and told them he was armed and looking to kill cops and to "bring 'em on." And they were quite happy to provide him with the service he was looking for.

This woman didn't call the cops, her stupid ex-bf did, so she wasn't looking for "suicide by cop." Of course, I realize the above post is sarcastic , but in these cases lots of people are willing to give the cops a complete pass by blowing it off as a likely "suicide by cop."

I think the cops likely made that phrase up as a cover to handle these situations however they'd like. So Bubba and Boobus will always think "oh well, just another person committing suicide by cop."

JK/SEA
02-04-2014, 08:35 AM
''we don't have time for this''...

Philhelm
02-04-2014, 08:57 AM
"Suicide by cop" usually involves going out of one's way to interact with the police to elicit the desired response. Like what one guy locally did a year or so back, he called 911 and told them he was armed and looking to kill cops and to "bring 'em on." And they were quite happy to provide him with the service he was looking for.

Did he at least take some of the fuckers with him?

SeanTX
02-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Did he at least take some of the fuckers with him?

Nah, that was a genuine "suicide by cop" , he wasn't looking to take any with him. I might not have believed it if I hadn't heard the 911 call -- hearing it you could tell that's what he wanted.

I guess it happens, but I think it's very rare. I think the phenomenon of "suicide by cop" is like the supposed "war on cops" -- something created by the police and their sycophants in the media.

Philhelm
02-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Nah, that was a genuine "suicide by cop" , he wasn't looking to take any with him. I might not have believed it if I hadn't heard the 911 call -- hearing it you could tell that's what he wanted.

I guess it happens, but I think it's very rare. I think the phenomenon of "suicide by cop" is like the supposed "war on cops" -- something created by the police and their sycophants in the media.

Hmmm. If he wanted to, he could give the police the wrong address, but somewhere near to his location, in order to set up an ambush.

pcosmar
02-04-2014, 10:47 AM
This is murder by Cop. The "boyfriend" had her Swatted.

SilentBull
02-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Yeah, cause the best thing to do to someone who is vulnerable and about to kill themselves is to start yelling and making her feel like a piece of trash. That works. Freaking animals.

pcosmar
02-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Yeah, cause the best thing to do to someone who is vulnerable and about to kill themselves is to start yelling and making her feel like a piece of trash. That works. Freaking animals.

We only have the word of the EX-boyfriend that she was suicidal.

She may have had the gun for protection from him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatting

Swatting is the tricking of any emergency service (via such as a 9-1-1 dispatcher) into dispatching an emergency response based on the false report of an on-going critical incident.

Anti Federalist
02-04-2014, 11:04 AM
The dispatch log labels the incident as a "welfare check."

Welfare, checked.

idiom
04-27-2014, 11:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2rQEEyV.jpg

Anti Federalist
04-28-2014, 12:22 AM
Not intentionally malevolent? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?449591-Conspiracy-Theories-Hurt-The-Liberty-Movement)