PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette Nazi's dig deeper: Third hand smoke as dangerous as smoking.

phill4paul
02-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Why the hell does our population continue to grow year by year? We should ALL be dead by now.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2014/02/03/study-third-hand-smoke-exposure-as-deadly-as-smoking/

Riverside, Calif. (CBS ATLANTA) – Exposure to surfaces and objects that have been saturated in cigarette smoke, labeled as “third-hand smoke,” is just as deadly as smoking the cigarette itself.
A new study from the University of California, Riverside finds that the third-hand smoke that has soaked into the surfaces, objects and environment around people becomes increasingly toxic over time. Third-hand smoke is defined as the second-hand smoke that is allowed to settle on objects in any environment. Non-smoking children, co-workers, spouses and friends of smokers breathe in such carcinogens left in rooms exposed to smokers.

dannno
02-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Maybe they should stop using tobacco filled with radiation.

Dr.3D
02-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Well, everything in California causes cancer. Maybe they should just prohibit people from living in California.

jkob
02-03-2014, 06:00 PM
what's more dangerous, a broken fluorescent light bulb that they want to mandate or the cigarette they want to ban?

Flugel89
02-03-2014, 06:29 PM
what's more dangerous, a broken fluorescent light bulb that they want to mandate or the cigarette they want to ban?

Thread winner right here.

Anti Federalist
02-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Boobus freaks out bans everything tobacco related, even going so far as to photoshop out Frosty the Snowman's pipe.

Boobus spend billions on "healthcare".

Boobus straps himself in, and swaddles himself, in helmets, padding and restraints when he does anything more than walk.

Boobus falls to 30th in world life expectancy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/12/26/emily-osters-graph-of-the-year/

Living...you're doing it wrong.

Hint: it ain't the tobacco.

Origanalist
02-03-2014, 06:52 PM
http://www.businesstravellogue.com/files/2007/04/bubble-boy.jpg

tod evans
02-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Tobacco as the good Lord grew it is a wonderful thing.

Tobacco as the US government and big tobacco markets it...........Not so much.

Once again proving that everything government gets involved in it fucks up.

Ronin Truth
02-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Well, everything in California causes cancer. Maybe they should just prohibit people from living in California.

Stopping living in California causes cancer.

Henry Rogue
02-03-2014, 07:25 PM
California causes cancer.

Origanalist
02-03-2014, 07:33 PM
California causes cancer.

California is a cancer.

DamianTV
02-03-2014, 07:33 PM
But pesticides on Crops doesnt do anything to the people eating crops. Wouldnt this also be considered Third Hand Pesticides?

tod evans
02-03-2014, 07:38 PM
But pesticides on Crops doesnt do anything to the people eating crops. Wouldnt this also be considered Third Hand Pesticides?

At one point in time tobacco was used as a pesticide......

donnay
02-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Why the hell does our population continue to grow year by year? We should ALL be dead by now.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2014/02/03/study-third-hand-smoke-exposure-as-deadly-as-smoking/

Riverside, Calif. (CBS ATLANTA) – Exposure to surfaces and objects that have been saturated in cigarette smoke, labeled as “third-hand smoke,” is just as deadly as smoking the cigarette itself.
A new study from the University of California, Riverside finds that the third-hand smoke that has soaked into the surfaces, objects and environment around people becomes increasingly toxic over time. Third-hand smoke is defined as the second-hand smoke that is allowed to settle on objects in any environment. Non-smoking children, co-workers, spouses and friends of smokers breathe in such carcinogens left in rooms exposed to smokers.

How can that be when studies showed secondhand smoke claims were debunked?

DamianTV
02-03-2014, 08:04 PM
How can that be when studies showed secondhand smoke claims were debunked?

Alteration of Perception is Subjective Conclusions.

People dont alter their point of view to suit the facts, they focus on specific facts to only suppor their point of view. Of course, there are times that the conclusion isnt clearly communicated to the recipient.

Its like saying Carrots are bad for you because everyone who ate carrots 150 years ago is now dead.

liberty2897
02-03-2014, 08:31 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polonium#Tobacco

Tobacco[edit]
The presence of polonium in tobacco smoke has been known since the early 1960s.[106][107] Some of the world's biggest tobacco firms researched ways to remove the substance—to no avail—over a 40-year period but never published the results.[46]
Radioactive polonium-210 contained in phosphate fertilizers is absorbed by the roots of plants (such as tobacco) and stored in its tissues.[108][109][110] Tobacco plants fertilized by rock phosphates contain polonium-210, which emits alpha radiation estimated to cause about 11,700 lung cancer deaths annually worldwide.[46][111][112]

How about not using the phosphate fertilizers??

Also, I'm pretty sure fallout from nuclear testing hasn't helped much with cancer... The left overs don't disappear over night. if you haven't watched how many these things were set off since 1945, then check this out. Wonder how much all those bombs cost over the years?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W_lLhBt8Vg

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Boobus freaks out bans everything tobacco related, even going so far as to photoshop out Frosty the Snowman's pipe.

I hadn't seen that one, but should not be surprised.

I'm waiting for Yukon Cornelius's gun to be whited out in the Rudolph Christmas special.

erowe1
02-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Exposure to surfaces and objects that have been saturated in cigarette smoke, labeled as “third-hand smoke,” is just as deadly as smoking the cigarette itself.

Supposedly, 443,000 people die prematurely each year from smoking.

How many people die prematurely each year from third hand smoke? Has anyone ever died from it?

I'm trying to understand how anyone could open a news article with a sentence like that.

Dr.3D
02-03-2014, 09:18 PM
Seems like the life insurance companies would be all over this.

Victor Grey
02-03-2014, 09:28 PM
One of these days California is going find out from an endless string of billion dollar studies, that life doesn't last forever no matter what you do, and instead of coming to a final, wise epiphany that some things which harass people during their limited extent, just aren't rational toward the pursuits of an impossible ideal, I except them in response to instead just try and ban life itself.

Speaking satirically at least.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Does this include weed smoke that blows down from Washington state?

VIDEODROME
02-03-2014, 09:35 PM
The most dangerous is 1st Hand Smoking

This is when annoying people suffer a facial burn when tense smokers mash a cigarette butt in their face.

liberty2897
02-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Does this include weed smoke that blows down from Washington state?

What's wrong with a little healthy weed smoke?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fZNzsPwCQW4/UO9Rxy6bJcI/AAAAAAAAQ_k/Yb1nDyYcbwY/s640/Seattle.jpg

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-03-2014, 09:37 PM
^^^^^^Heh heh.

DamianTV
02-03-2014, 09:53 PM
Smoking isnt the issue. Govt Control is.

Govt solution to all the Lost Tax Revenue from Hybrid Cars that are more fuel efficient? Put a GPS in your car and tax you PER MILE that you drive. Its not about the Tax Revenue, tis about Control. Thus, it isnt about Smoking, its about another means to impose Absolute Control. Have a Camera in your Smart Interweb Ready TV? Yeah, they want access to that too. They want access to EVERY aspect of your life. NOT for your own good, but for THEIR own good. And they will use ANY means necessary to extend their level of Control over the population until absolutely no freedom is left, period.

kcchiefs6465
02-03-2014, 11:36 PM
As they mandate layers of carpet glue to be added...

Occam's Banana
02-03-2014, 11:51 PM
I'm waiting for Yukon Cornelius's gun to be whited out in the Rudolph Christmas special.

Yukon Cornelius is also a notorious "gold bug" to boot.

We may therefore conclude that YC very probably supports ending the Fed.

Best just to add the whole Rudolph Christmas special to the Index Prohibitorum ...

MRK
02-03-2014, 11:55 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polonium#Tobacco

How about not using the phosphate fertilizers??

Also, I'm pretty sure fallout from nuclear testing hasn't helped much with cancer... The left overs don't disappear over night. if you haven't watched how many these things were set off since 1945, then check this out. Wonder how much all those bombs cost over the years?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W_lLhBt8Vg

Governments should be the only ones allowed to have nuclear weapons. That video proves they can show restraint from using them!

nobody's_hero
02-04-2014, 01:59 AM

California *IS* a cancer and should be surgically removed from the U.S.

muh_roads
02-04-2014, 02:13 AM
Let them rip into cigarettes for a while for all I care. They have too much of a monopoly on legal drugs.

DamianTV
02-04-2014, 03:10 AM

How many people die prematurely each year from third hand smoke? Has anyone ever died from it?

I'm trying to understand how anyone could open a news article with a sentence like that.

How many people die every year by cop related fatalities? 10% of the shooting deaths in LA are Police related.

But there is also 2nd Hand Police Related Death as well. Distrought family members that self injure based on the consequences of Police interaction. I think stray bullets fired by Cops would qualify as 1st Degree Related, not 2nd. So if any of this is true, how about 3rd Hand Police Related Deaths?

No one wants to address the consequences of Death by Cop in MSM. Their response: Cop shot him, must have been a criminal.

kcchiefs6465
02-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Let them rip into cigarettes for a while for all I care. They have too much of a monopoly on legal drugs.
The government has too much of a monopoly on what is, or is not, a legal "drug." Too much as in, any say so in the matter whatever.

I'm also not sure if you have been on a hiatus for the last 40 years, but I'd say we're long past the stage of "a while." From 250% taxes, to ethylene acetate being mandated added to cigarettes, to banning smoking in private establishments, to banning smoking in many parks, to even banning smoking in apartments if one shares a wall. Not only is your cavalier attitude the reason why this horseshit continues, but it is misinformed. The busybodies have been "ripping into" cigarette smokers for decades. And I'd further add, that while doing so, cementing the mentality of collectivism.

Working Poor
02-04-2014, 09:55 AM

If that many people die from smoking related causes isn't like the 2nd leading cause of death? I think the government is just trying to program more people to go ahead and die and the medical industrial complex is in cahoots with them.

Ronin Truth
02-04-2014, 10:11 AM
How about fourth hand smoke: Seeing a ashtray of butts.

And fifth hand: passing by a pack of cigs in the store.

donnay
02-04-2014, 10:11 AM
To me the Fascist are worried, they may be losing control so they have to dream up other things to make the people fear.

Great info:
http://www.sott.net/article/273266-Signs-of-Desperation-Catapulting-the-Propaganda-Third-Hand-Smoke-Exposure-As-Deadly-As-Smoking

Danke
02-04-2014, 10:13 AM
I'm more concerned about fourth hand smoke.

Working Poor
02-04-2014, 10:16 AM

I think I may need to go buy a pack of cigarettes

Lucille
02-04-2014, 10:59 AM
Maybe they should stop using tobacco filled with radiation.
The Dollar Vigilante (http://dollarvigilante.com/blog/2014/2/1/the-sniper-bowl-and-smoking-for-health-the-weekend-vigilante.html) was just talking about that!

SMOKING AND DRINKING

I get a fair amount of admonishment from some people telling me I shouldn't smoke or drink so much and I thought I would address this topic very briefly.

The amount of evidence, and new evidence coming out all the time, is that those who drink regularly live longer. And, there is plenty of evidence that smoking organic (not commercial cigarettes) is also very healthy.
[...]
There's been a fair amount of medical journal studies done on tobacco that show numerous benefits that it has on the population, much to the chagrin of the mainstream health dictocrats. Since these findings don't conform to the narrative we hear in the media, we often never hear them being reported.

Nevertheless many people paying attention to the literature do come across this information and do take it into account when making their public statements. For example in 1990 the Surgeon General C. Everett Koop stated on record that radiation from tobacco was responsible for approximately 90 percent of all tobacco-related cancers.

Radioactive polonium is present in the fertilizer of conventional farming (non-organic) practices, which is then bioaccumulated by the tobacco plants' deep roots. This then collects in the lungs and bodies of smokers over time. Women at risk of the most common types of breast cancer (BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes) have been shown to have a reduced risk of cancer from smoking tobacco according to a study at the University of Toronto, published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.

Another common thing tobacco has been repeatedly shown to prevent is both Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's. We do know that conventional tobacco products are truly quite toxic and the mainstream studies that are ONLY done on them (organic tobacco is never the subject of these studies) are correct in their conclusions. This plant without all of the chemicals added to it surmounts to being no more harmful than what you'd get from eating a piece of charred meat, or sitting around a campfire for an evening, and in addition there are some benefits to the unique herbal properties found in pure tobacco as well. (As a sidenote I will soon be starting the Health Vigilante to spread more truthful info on what the real causes of disease are what the real cures are)...

enoch150
02-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Contrary to the article, the linked abstract doesn't actually mention mortality rates. Although I'm sure the addicts will dismiss everything that it does say as government lies.

THS-exposed mice show alterations in multiple organ systems and excrete levels of NNAL (a tobacco-specific carcinogen biomarker) similar to those found in children exposed to SHS (and consequently to THS). In liver, THS leads to increased lipid levels and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, a precursor to cirrhosis and cancer and a potential contributor to cardiovascular disease. In lung, THS stimulates excess collagen production and high levels of inflammatory cytokines, suggesting propensity for fibrosis with implications for inflammation-induced diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma. In wounded skin, healing in THS-exposed mice has many characteristics of the poor healing of surgical incisions observed in human smokers. Lastly, behavioral tests show that THS-exposed mice become hyperactive. The latter data, combined with emerging associated behavioral problems in children exposed to SHS/THS, suggest that, with prolonged exposure, they may be at significant risk for developing more severe neurological disorders.

kcchiefs6465
02-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Contrary to the article, the linked abstract doesn't actually mention mortality rates. Although I'm sure the addicts will dismiss everything that it does say as government lies.
Or the addict may point to the fact that it is the government mandating the addition of harmful, no doubt carcinogenic, compounds.

But I'm sure the petty tyrants will dismiss this as, "But it's for the children!"

While they rob the children to fund half-assed studies undoubtedly biased by the wishes to maintain the golden goose laying "their" golden eggs.

And in any case, what does this involve the Law? What of it involves government? I will concede for the sake of argument that cigarette smoke contaminates that which it touches. I will even ignore the probable cause of this as being, "fire safe compliance." What then? And of what authority or legitimacy will you act? On the majority's granted "authority"? On the state's forced "legitimacy"? What I mean is simply this: So what? Is this the means to attempt to ban smoking, whatever? Is it the means to authorize more plunder for further "studying"? I would then refer back to asking, on whose authority do you act? You (I'm using "you" generically) have no authority.

Social planners and petty tyrants, plunderers all the same.

mrsat_98
02-04-2014, 11:22 AM

Government = Puppy Dog, whats it doesn't fuck up it shits on.

puppetmaster
02-04-2014, 11:26 AM

Yup hey I dont smoke but I am in the tobacco biz. I have bulk pure tobacco.

Origanalist
02-04-2014, 11:27 AM
Government = Puppy Dog, whats it doesn't fuck up it shits on.

The puppy dog grew up.

kcchiefs6465
02-04-2014, 11:28 AM
//

ETA: Almost let the cat out of the tobacco bag.

Keith and stuff
02-04-2014, 11:29 AM
California is a cancer.

People that have live in California soak up California and are called 3rd hand cancer. When they leave California and move to near-by states, they are just as deadly as 1st hand cancer.

Origanalist
02-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Yup hey I dont smoke but I am in the tobacco biz. I have bulk pure tobacco.

Do you have a website?

Origanalist
02-04-2014, 11:31 AM
People that have live in California, soak up California are called 3rd hand cancer. When they leave California and move to near-by states, they are just as deadly as 1st hand cancer.

Tell me all about it.........

enoch150
02-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Or the addict may point to the fact that it is the government mandating the addition of harmful, no doubt carcinogenic, compounds.

But I'm sure the petty tyrants will dismiss this as, "But it's for the children!"

While they rob the children to fund half-assed studies undoubtedly biased by the wishes to maintain the golden goose laying "their" golden eggs.

And in any case, what does this involve the Law? What of it involves government? I will concede for the sake of argument that cigarette smoke contaminates that which it touches. I will even ignore the probable cause of this as being, "fire safe compliance." What then? And of what authority or legitimacy will you act? On the majority's granted "authority"? On the state's forced "legitimacy"? What I mean is simply this: So what? Is this the means to attempt to ban smoking, whatever? Is it the means to authorize more plunder for further "studying"? I would then refer back to asking, on whose authority do you act? You (I'm using "you" generically) have no authority.

Social planners and petty tyrants, plunderers all the same.

I agree that people have the right to poison themselves. But there are people on this forum who have tried to extrapolate the tenuous claim of second hand smoke specifically to lung cancer to mean that cigarettes aren't harmful at all, either to the active or passive smoker, and all evidence to the contrary is part of some government plot on their path to total tyranny.

Anti Federalist
02-04-2014, 11:38 AM
I hadn't seen that one, but should not be surprised.

Totally anecdotal, one of my kids mentioned it to me, that on ABC Family network, they had "shopped" out his pipe.

Anti Federalist
02-04-2014, 11:41 AM
I agree that people have the right to poison themselves. But there are people on this forum who have tried to extrapolate the tenuous claim of second hand smoke specifically to lung cancer to mean that cigarettes aren't harmful at all, either to the active or passive smoker, and all evidence to the contrary is part of some government plot on their path to total tyranny.

I'm pretty well convinced it is not as nearly as harmful as is being suggested.

433,000 deaths per year?

Nonsense.

Nothing but, "Do you or have you ever smoked?"

A yes answer means a counting as smoking related death.

mczerone
02-04-2014, 12:08 PM
Totally anecdotal, one of my kids mentioned it to me, that on ABC Family network, they had "shopped" out his pipe.

Frosty the snowman,
Was a Jolly, Happy soul.
With a [accessory redacted],
a button nose,
And two eyes made out of [antiquated graphite balls].

mczerone
02-04-2014, 12:09 PM

433,000 deaths per year?

Nonsense.

Same as "Marijuana related Traffic Incidents"

kcchiefs6465
02-04-2014, 12:57 PM
It's pretty much what AF said in post #50. I smoke; I know the adverse health effects of it. The thing that confuses me is where the government gets the credibility to sit on their high horse of judgement. They knowingly make cigarettes more harmful. They mandate layers of carpet glue be added to the paper so that they go out if not continuously puffed. Then they turn around, steal money to fund studies, and after squandering most of which, say what most people know: That is, cigarettes are unhealthy. But I can assure them of this, they weren't as unhealthy until busybodies took it upon themselves to fight another one of their "moral" crusades. Tobacco laws and regulations are the epitome of what is wrong with this country. The majority can say what they want, and effect laws as they imagine themselves so wise to do, and no one bats an eye. After all, it's just those damn dirty smokers who are affected. What many fail to realize then, is that many of the smokers tyrannized then turn to the "law" to tyrannize another. And they call it: "democracy."

DamianTV
02-04-2014, 01:56 PM

433,000 deaths per year?

Nonsense.

Despite having been hit by a car or shot by a Cop. Yep, smoking killed that guy.

Oh it was natural causes and his non smoker twin brother died the same age of the same disease? But his is smoking related.

Stats on smoking deaths are just as removed from reality as Unemployment Statistics are from the Unemployed.

Occam's Banana
02-04-2014, 02:34 PM

What does the latter have to do with the former?

Even if cigarettes are every bit as harmful as is claimed, that doesn't mean that such facts are not being laid as cobblestones in the "path to total tyranny." Tyrants are quite willing to use the truth when it suits their purposes - indeed, they are especially so when it suits their purposes ...

enoch150
02-04-2014, 03:38 PM
What does the latter have to do with the former?

Even if cigarettes are every bit as harmful as is claimed, that doesn't mean that such facts are not being laid as cobblestones in the "path to total tyranny." Tyrants are quite willing to use the truth when it suits their purposes - indeed, they are especially so when it suits their purposes ...

Of course tyrants will use the truth when it suits their purposes. But resistors to tyranny don't help their cause by denying truth.

otherone
02-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Boobus falls to 30th in world life expectancy.
Living...you're doing it wrong.

Hint: it ain't the tobacco.

TERRORIST
REPORTED.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/fat_kid.jpg

Have a nice day!

DamianTV
02-04-2014, 04:13 PM

Or third hand Farts.

Ok, I just had a mental image of that and decided thats thoroughly disgusting, even by my low standards.

Dr.3D
02-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Or third hand Farts.

Ok, I just had a mental image of that and decided thats thoroughly disgusting, even by my low standards.
Well, right now it's so cold outside, I can hear them freeze and hit the ground.

Danke
02-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Or third hand Farts.

I think some people would rather drown.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__fWWAnGLVm4/R8yr1M5p-kI/AAAAAAAAATk/OBRnJf9unts/s400/BOB.jpg

DamianTV
02-04-2014, 04:41 PM
I think some people would rather drown.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__fWWAnGLVm4/R8yr1M5p-kI/AAAAAAAAATk/OBRnJf9unts/s400/BOB.jpg

Depends on what theyre drowning in.

Hint: Its not Freedom.
Hint #2: Thats not water either.

dannno
02-04-2014, 04:56 PM
What's wrong with a little healthy weed smoke?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fZNzsPwCQW4/UO9Rxy6bJcI/AAAAAAAAQ_k/Yb1nDyYcbwY/s640/Seattle.jpg

Funny how cig smokers never gloat about hot boxing small spaces with cigs :D

puppetmaster
02-05-2014, 02:00 AM
Do you have a website?

PM me