PDA

View Full Version : Is Christie out? If so, who is the new 2016 GOP Presidential Hopeful?

ssunlimited
02-03-2014, 02:00 PM
"On Friday night, the New York Times dropped what may be a career-stopping bombshell on New Jersey Governor Chris Christie: David Wildstein, the former Port Authority official at the heart of the Chris Christie lane-closing scandal, had evidence that Christie himself knew of the closings, which is something that Christie himself has long denied. According to the Times, Wildstein said “that the governor knew about the lane closings when they were happening, and that he had the evidence to prove it.”

That evidence has yet to be revealed, but in a 24-hour news cycle and with all eyes on New York/New Jersey thanks to the Super Bowl, some wondered if this the end for Christie’s 2016 presidential run. Others rallied around other potential presidential hopefuls like Wisconsin’s Gov. Scott Walker.

Read more: http://benswann.com/is-christie-out-if-so-who-is-the-new-2016-gop-presidential-hopeful/#ixzz2sI6g4gKN
Follow us: @BenSwann_ on Twitter"

Dr.3D
02-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Hillary Clinton will probably be who the GOP sends to the White House.

surf
02-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Paul Ryan....

i'm guessing i'll be on the libertarian candidate or writing in Ron Paul again like 2008

brushfire
02-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Cruz in the back, and Ryan through the front. Cruz is the fabricated liberty spoiler, and Ryan is the establishment puppet. I'm all but convinced the establishment GOP will throw the election to put in the dems again, since they seem to be having less problems with liberty candidate infiltration.

CPUd
02-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Paul Ryan....

i'm guessing i'll be on the libertarian candidate or writing in Ron Paul again like 2008

Paul Ryan tole WSJ he would rather lead Ways and Means than run for President.

ZENemy
02-03-2014, 04:08 PM

Hilary is the next president of the united states, she has been "selected" to inherit the throne next.

Benghazi will be long, long forgotten and you will be asked to "move on" if you bring that up near 2016.

Im sure everyone is aware of all the "gender" biased news as of late right? This is to set the next false dichotomy. The following ground work is being laid for these buzz words and statements.

1. Hilary did not start that war, she is a women and its not in her nature
2. If you don't like Hilary care that forces everyone to get a tattooed bar code then you must be a sexist
3. you don't like that new law? SEXIST!!!
4. Oh, I'm sorry, you don't think Hilary's new "Abort till age 10" law is cool? SEXIST!
5. She has paid her dues, if you don't vote for her, yup, you guessed it, you are a sexist.

Mark my words and bookmark this post, you may even come back to this post and clown me if you like but baring a full revolution, Hilary will be the next president.

She will be 10 times worse than Obama and her fans will be 10 times more delusional.

pcosmar
02-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Another one of Satan's minions,, I'm sure. :(

brushfire
02-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Paul Ryan tole WSJ he would rather lead Ways and Means than run for President.

T-Paw?

02-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Media seems to be pushing Ryan lately while admitting Rand is a solid competitor.

rpfocus
02-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Hilary is the next president of the united states, she has been "selected" to inherit the throne next.

Benghazi will be long, long forgotten and you will be asked to "move on" if you bring that up near 2016.

Im sure everyone is aware of all the "gender" biased news as of late right? This is to set the next false dichotomy. The following ground work is being laid for these buzz words and statements.

1. Hilary did not start that war, she is a women and its not in her nature
2. If you don't like Hilary care that forces everyone to get a tattooed bar code then you must be a sexist
3. you don't like that new law? SEXIST!!!
4. Oh, I'm sorry, you don't think Hilary's new "Abort till age 10" law is cool? SEXIST!
5. She has paid her dues, if you don't vote for her, yup, you guessed it, you are a sexist.

Mark my words and bookmark this post, you may even come back to this post and clown me if you like but baring a full revolution, Hilary will be the next president.

She will be 10 times worse than Obama and her fans will be 10 times more delusional.

Seems you're putting waaay more thought into reasons for this than there needs to be. People 'want' a woman president. Just as people 'wanted' a Black president. No 'false dichotomy' needs to be created to get her in. I think you underestimate the support she has among Dems. And the 'other' 47 percent wont be voting for her. But yes, she will be the next president IF she runs. According to CNN, Hillary has stated she will make a decision by the end of the year. That puts Dems in a REAL tight spot if she decides not to run.

TaftFan
02-03-2014, 05:33 PM
Rubio. He is raising tons of money.

Mr.NoSmile
02-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Christie is far from out so long as people buy into the narrative that he will be a great competitor in the 2016 field. Plus he's got folks backing him and he's still part of the RGA, so he's not through. Far from it. Even Rubio isn't over yet. They've stumbled and faltered, but the higher-ups in the GOP refuse to believe they're fallible.

ZENemy
02-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Seems you're putting waaay more thought into reasons for this than there needs to be. People 'want' a woman president. Just as people 'wanted' a Black president. No 'false dichotomy' needs to be created to get her in. I think you underestimate the support she has among Dems. And the 'other' 47 percent wont be voting for her. But yes, she will be the next president IF she runs. According to CNN, Hillary has stated she will make a decision by the end of the year. That puts Dems in a REAL tight spot if she decides not to run.

lol, "that puts dems in a tight spot"

Political action, and "working within the system," are games designed to USE UP all of your good intentions, energy, time and money, while accomplishing exactly NOTHING, and posing NO threat to the power structure. -Larken Rose

Hilary is being SELECTED, not voted in. Just ask DIEBOLD.

rpfocus
02-03-2014, 05:54 PM
lol, "that puts dems in a tight spot"

Political action, and "working within the system," are games designed to USE UP all of your good intentions, energy, time and money, while accomplishing exactly NOTHING, and posing NO threat to the power structure. -Larken Rose

Hilary is being SELECTED, not voted in. Just ask DIEBOLD.

When it comes down to it, it's still Hillary's decision. If she says no, Dem's are screwed. The only other candidates that seem to be on the radar are Biden and Warren. Biden is lampooned even among Dems. Warren stated she wont run in 2016. Anyone other than Hillary will probably have to hope there are enough habitual Democratic voters to get them through.

On Topic: I'm going dark horse and putting up Huckabee as the 'establishment' GOP candidate in 2016.

jkob
02-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Looking like Paul Ryan is the guy they're falling back on, they're floating Jeb Bush out there too but I think they realize to Bush brand is too damaged.

Neil Desmond
02-03-2014, 06:01 PM

Ha ha!

I was going to ask why would Christie be out if Benghazi Hillary's still in, but this trumps that (or is it "that trumps this"?).

jkob
02-03-2014, 06:06 PM
I can pretty much guarantee you that you'd see McCain/Graham/King endorse Hilary over Rand

twomp
02-03-2014, 06:07 PM
If Benghazi, an incident where people actually died doesn't disqualify Clinton. Why would a bridge incident disqualify Christie?

boneyard bill
02-03-2014, 06:16 PM
The immediate beneficiary of a Christie fall is likely to be Paul Ryan. In other words, Ryan will probably move up most in the "flavor of the month" polls. However, long term, I think it will be Jeb assuming that he runs, and his latest comments are that he is considering it. With Christie out, I think Jeb would be their next choice. Rubio, Walker, etc. are too much in the long shot category.

If the economy implodes, the establishment might not BE the establishment anymore.

CPUd
02-03-2014, 06:22 PM
The immediate beneficiary of a Christie fall is likely to be Paul Ryan. In other words, Ryan will probably move up most in the "flavor of the month" polls. However, long term, I think it will be Jeb assuming that he runs, and his latest comments are that he is considering it. With Christie out, I think Jeb would be their next choice. Rubio, Walker, etc. are too much in the long shot category.

If the economy implodes, the establishment might not BE the establishment anymore.

CNN/ORC poll says it's Huckabee

dillo
02-03-2014, 06:23 PM
It has and always will be JEB, with Rubio as his VP

dillo
02-03-2014, 06:24 PM
I can pretty much guarantee you that you'd see McCain/Graham/King endorse Hilary over Rand

Well RINOS will RINO

Neil Desmond
02-03-2014, 06:27 PM

In that case I'll just vote for Ventura-Stern.

Bch2014
02-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Am I the only one who actually kind of likes Scott Walker? I'd definitely support him in 2016 if Rand didn't win the nomination.

kahless
02-03-2014, 06:37 PM

Exactly. It is like watching a movie where the plot is so predictable. Of course they will try to give the illusion of a race and claim that Rubio or Ryan can actually win the nomination. They may even try to bring back Romney. They do this also to dilute the field to ensure every 4 years a real Conservative does not get the nomination while ensuring their anointed RINO wins.

GunnyFreedom
02-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Ha ha!

I was going to ask why would Christie be out if Benghazi Hillary's still in, but this trumps that (or is it "that trumps this"?).

(Dramatic movie theater voiceover)

INTRODUCING the Main Stream Media! Where Republican Scandals are THE END OF THE WORLD and Democrat scandals are just something to chuckle at on the way to office. A heart-warming tale of romance and intrigue, watch all the rational liberals destroy the neo-confederates and the misogynists on the way to making our planet a better place! Watch this movie now! It's for the children, after all.

Dianne
02-03-2014, 07:37 PM

Agree with ya ... If it becomes a choice between Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush, or Chris Christie; I'm moving to Ecuador.

Dr.3D
02-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Agree with ya ... If it becomes a choice between Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush, or Chris Christie; I'm moving to Ecuador.
Well, after watching them send Obama back to the White House, I just figured as usual, they would repeat what they did last time. Seems they either like having Democrats in the White House, or they are too stupid to run somebody against them, people would actually vote for.

GunnyFreedom
02-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Well, after watching them send Obama back to the White House, I just figured as usual, they would repeat what they did last time. Seems they either like having Democrats in the White House, or they are too stupid to run somebody against them, people would actually vote for.

Honestly I think it's an intentional effort to see who the most monstrous person they can get elected is. Like a big joke on us. "Hey, look, Obama is the incumbent, who do we think is just awful but may be able to barely squeak past this guy?" It's like they are trying to push the tyranny just as quickly as they can. I don't think they are really trying to lose as much as when they see the Dems put up a "3" they will intentionally put up what they think is a "3.5" rather than say a 6, because the 3.5 will get them the tyranny they want more quickly, and if their guy loses they don't really case because the Dem will advance tyranny too, and they figure eventually a Rep will land in office by accident if nothing else.

Dr.3D
02-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Honestly I think it's an intentional effort to see who the most monstrous person they can get elected is. Like a big joke on us. "Hey, look, Obama is the incumbent, who do we think is just awful but may be able to barely squeak past this guy?" It's like they are trying to push the tyranny just as quickly as they can. I don't think they are really trying to lose as much as when they see the Dems put up a "3" they will intentionally put up what they think is a "3.5" rather than say a 6, because the 3.5 will get them the tyranny they want more quickly, and if their guy loses they don't really case because the Dem will advance tyranny too, and they figure eventually a Rep will land in office by accident if nothing else.
That very well may be the case.

Carson
02-03-2014, 09:18 PM
He was never in for me and is even more out with me now than ever...

then this sort of thing seems just the sort of thing those that pick whom we are allowed to vote for seem to bank on.

So who knows.

Maybe the days of casting your vote at a ballot box are over.