PDA

View Full Version : Wait a minute, this whole deal is about building relationships?

nayjevin
06-26-2007, 07:04 AM
I didn't realize the scope of this when I started being an activist for RP, but the best side effect for me is the like-minded friends I have found in my meetup group. I'm not the only one skeptical of government? Awesome.

Also, lots of people truly appreciate it when I tell them about Ron Paul. It opens their eyes, and they don't forget it.

Don't ever forget this is about people, and ideas.

MsDoodahs
06-26-2007, 07:11 AM
I couldn't forget it if I tried. :)

It IS amazing how few trust the state these days.

Also it's shocking to see how little respect the MSM has.

beermotor
06-26-2007, 07:12 AM
It's all about the network, man. Now if I can just find somebody to give me a job when I graduate!

Dan Klaus
06-26-2007, 07:34 AM
True enough about bring Dr. Paul to new people. Here is the real text of an email exchange I had with a family member about Ron. You will have to read from the last message up to the first to read it chronologically, but it highlights the point I think nayjevin is making - that people appreciate hearing about Dr. Paul. Please excuse the colloquillisms (sp?) and curse words I forgot to delete.

Kacey Wrote:
Hey Bro,
Maybe a flat tax would do good. bringing home the troops and leaving other countries is my idea of taking care of our own business. We have the
technology to steer us clear from dependence on foreign oil, why don't we use it? The IRS can kiss my ass. I'll check him out.
Thanks Man,
================================================== ========
Dan Klaus wrote:
Hey Stud,
Okay, this guy reminds me of pops (my father)...here's his platform in a nutshell..
-no income tax and abolish the IRS;
-voted no to Iraq and will bring troops home;
-no interventionist foreign policy;
-trade not war = uses vietnam as an example...
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RonPaul2008dotcom

Also there is alot of information at his website - especially his appearance on the jon stewart and Colbert report...hilarious. what superduper pisses me off is that the mainstream media is not giving him the time or attention EVEN though he leads almost every poll taken...for example, they recently did a poll in Utah and (of course) Mitney won because its a Mormom state...second place: ron paul beating out McCain, Guiliani, etc...and still the mainstream media ignores him..It seems that the media is choosing our president for us..

Seriously give this guy a chance...there is a revolution going to happen here.. he may not get elected, but he will change politics...
Kacey wrote:
No I haven't. I watched both debates and I don't remember any Ron Paul. I've been considering Obama for President. You never know, maybe this guy's for real. I'm going to do a google on him and find out more about him...
later man,
Dan Klaus wrote:
Hey Kacey,
Have you heard of this guy? Let me know your thinking...
www.ronpaul2008.com

Ron Paul, the Right Man With the Right Message at the Right Time
by Dana Gabriel

(I posted the article here)

Wendi
06-26-2007, 07:36 AM
I didn't realize the scope of this when I started being an activist for RP, but the best side effect for me is the like-minded friends I have found in my meetup group. I'm not the only one skeptical of government? Awesome.

Well said. I've had that thought myself. I knew I couldn't be the only one with my political views in a city the size of Houston, but prior to getting involved in the RP campaign, it sure felt like it sometimes. :D

nayjevin
02-14-2008, 06:16 AM
It IS amazing how few trust the state these days.

and as they realize how popular it really is, they will be comfortable to jump on, i think

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-14-2008, 08:09 AM

Also, lots of people TRULY APPRECIATE IT when I tell them about Ron Paul. It opens their eyes, and they don't forget it.

Don't ever forget this is about people, and ideas.

The crime committed by the major media network in this country was their failure to report on the significance of Ron Paul as less of a campaign -- an organization of like minded people who share common beliefs along the political spectrum -- to him representing more of an American movement -- an organization of different minded people who hold beliefs along the whole range of the political spectrum --both liberals and conservatives. These diverse American people seem to have recognized a danger to American culture being perpetuated by our nations media sleeping with our 2 political parties on the national level. I liken this relationship to a dirty whore metaphorically sleeping with 2 filthy men because the perverse orgy they are partaking in is endangering the soveriegnity of the civil purpose of the U.S. Constitution -- one that deals with our life (living), liberty (freedom), and pursuit of happiness.
I see a need for desperation here. As the Ron Paul movement was behind the curve 4 years ago in failing to recognize that the media had an agenda to ignore Ron Paul during this election, we know what their plans are going to be for the next election. We have no excuse now in our failing to boycott such irresponsible behavior.
For example, because of their partaking in the ingoring of Ron Paul, I try not to watch CNN and their "news entertainment" while I also try to avoid purchasing my local news in paper newsprint.