PDA

View Full Version : Too many sub-forums on this site?

TheNewYorker
11-29-2007, 11:39 PM
I think so.

OptionsTrader
11-29-2007, 11:41 PM
(Let me be the first smart a$$)

You make an interesting point.

I think we need a special sub forum to discuss.

me3
11-29-2007, 11:42 PM
You should post this in the Forum Feedback & Ideas (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193) forum. :D ;) lol

TheNewYorker
11-29-2007, 11:43 PM
You should post this in the Forum Feedback & Ideas (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193) forum. :D ;) lol

See, that's what I mean. I didn't even know that forum existed! I have to scroll for like 10 minutes on the main page before I can even see half of what's there.

TheNewYorker
11-29-2007, 11:45 PM
I just counted and we have 42 sub forums on this site. Jesus christ. That doesn't include the state-by-state forums either, if you include those, we have 92 forums.

wtf.

And yet, we don't have a 'general discussion' forum. People complain when we put general topics in this grassroots forum, but we don't even have one for general discussion to put it elsewhere, anyway.

me3
11-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Use the Forum Feedback & Ideas (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193) forum to recommend a general forum! :)

This is the largest political grassroots movement in modern history. 92 forums is no big deal.

kutibah
11-29-2007, 11:52 PM
With all the new subforums, it's been very annoying trying to keep up with all the posts. We need to revert to how it used to be.

navi
11-29-2007, 11:53 PM
I don't think so. The threads move REALLY fast here. It's much more organized to have the different subforums so I can at least keep up with the topics that I find interesting.

Ron Paul Fan
11-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Absolutely there are too many sub forums. There's a new one in the general topics for Testing! Testing what? Nobody even uses the stupid forum! I proposed a plan to get rid of it, but was ignored! I have never voted to increase the number of sub forums. Less regulation, less moderation, less assimilation! That's what made this forum great! We need to get rid of the wasteful space and get back to what made this forum so great in the first place.

me3
11-29-2007, 11:57 PM
It's much more organized to have the different subforums so I can at least keep up with the topics that I find interesting.
Yes, Free Market Sub Forums. No Socialized Forums!

Absolutely there are too many sub forums. There's a new one in the general topics for Testing! Testing what? Nobody even uses the stupid forum! I proposed a plan to get rid of it, but was ignored! I have never voted to increase the number of sub forums. Less regulation, less moderation, less assimilation! That's what made this forum great! We need to get rid of the wasteful space and get back to what made this forum so great in the first place.
I miss your posts like this. You should do stand up. Maybe a warm up act for Dr. Paul at a major rally. People would really like it.

UtahApocalypse
11-30-2007, 12:02 AM
I have been utterly distressed over this tonight. During the Nov 11th money bomb EVERYONE was gathered in the grassroots forum watching as the money flew in. Now there are message split all over the place. The Nov 30th board is back on the front, I have to navigating 5 pages back and forth from here to the to keep track. If its like this soon I wont be on the forum.

Man from La Mancha
11-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Just use "New Posts" and cover all forums. That what I do.

Ron Paul Fan
11-30-2007, 12:07 AM
This is no laughing matter, me3. 65% of the American people so far, agree with me. There is something going on here that is spreading like a prairie fire. The posers and usual suspects are surprised about it. But it's going to continue to grow because people are tired of the governing classes of this forum! A great man once said that the freedom message brings us together, it doesn't divide us. I strongly urge the moderators to follow this very intellegent man's advice, whoever he is.

American
11-30-2007, 12:08 AM
If everyone actually used the sub forums for there intended purpose this forum would move allot better. But people dont, they just post in grassroots (I'm guilty as well) causing threads to be whisked to the second page in no time.

I like it the way it is, and if people follow the format it would be seamless.

American
11-30-2007, 12:09 AM
Just use "New Posts" and cover all forums. That what I do.

Yeah right, it must take you a hour to catch up.