PDA

View Full Version : Cops break 16 yr. old mentally disabled boys arm. (video graphic)

phill4paul
02-03-2014, 08:47 AM
ROTTERDAM - The family of a teenager with emotional disabilities whose arm was broken during an episode with Rotterdam Police is suing the town and seeking damages. In October, two officers answered a call from Mohanasen Transportation after a student refused to get off the bus. After repeated attempts at persuasion, police grabbed the boy and pulled his left arm behind his back. The lawsuit says police caused a displaced fracture of the boy's upper arm. The teen was then transported to Ellis Hospital where the student received a mental health evaluation and treatment for his broken arm. Police Chief James Hamilton issued a statement saying his officers followed all department procedures. The family's attorney, Kevin Luibrand, disagrees, saying the boy's mental condition makes him unable to alter his daily routine. According to Hamilton, because the boy threatened the bus driver the driver refused to drive him to the Parsons Child and Family Center. Luibrand says police told the boy they would hog tie him and "exerted enough force to snap one of the strongest bones in the human body." The teen appeared in court on a charge of obstruction of governmental administration. The lawsuit alleges that was a false arrest designed to cover up police wrongdoing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jOqwkxj4bEg

green73
02-03-2014, 08:49 AM
Savages.

Why didn't he just do what they said?

He did this to himself

aGameOfThrones
02-03-2014, 09:00 AM
I was worried the cops would have gotten hurt...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dO7Hu1LptxI/UuCmbXT-S0I/AAAAAAAAKD0/K0NKKu24qGA/s1600/Officer+Supposedly+Friendly.JPG

tod evans
02-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Pickin' on the short bus....:mad:

Beorn
02-04-2014, 10:55 PM
This really pisses me off. I worked with the mentally ill and disabled for years. I had to restrain people who were violent many many times and even had to remove people from a bus. You just do not "accidentally" break someone's arm like that when restraining and moving them. It's total bullshit.

heavenlyboy34
02-04-2014, 11:04 PM
A little bone breakin' has to happen in prisons every once in a while to keep the buggers in line... :mad: