PDA

View Full Version : Family to file $75 million lawsuit against cops who killed Miriam Carey

Anti Federalist
02-02-2014, 09:47 PM
In depth article at link.

U.S. sued over unarmed mom's D.C. killing

Family seeking $75 million after woman shot dead by federal agents

http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/u-s-sued-over-unarmed-moms-d-c-killing/

WASHINGTON — The family of the young, unarmed woman shot to death by federal agents in the shadow of the Capitol will file a $75 million lawsuit against the U.S. government, WND has learned.

Attorney Eric Sanders informed WND he has filed the multi-million dollar claim against the U.S., the uniformed division of the U.S. Secret Service and the U.S. Capitol Police for “numerous intentional, grossly negligent and reckless actions of police officers, supervisors, managers and other related employees.”

Miriam Carey was shot to death Oct. 3, 2013, by federal officers after a car chase that began at the White House and ended about a block from the Capitol.

Sanders said that after months of waiting for the release of the official investigation and after an exhaustive review of all publicly available data, the Carey family has concluded the shooting was not justified.

angelatc
02-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Good.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-02-2014, 09:55 PM
75 million or 75 vigintillion--it does not matter. The only thing money does at this point is provide a sustenance for the days and times you can't work from rage, sorrow, and everything else. That is the only thing it can accomplish.

I can't even stomach this any more. I'm taking a walk now.

mrsat_98
02-03-2014, 03:49 AM
I'd like to know which of our distinguished congressmen and senators stood up and clapped for this $hit.

Edward777
02-03-2014, 04:44 AM
Just the psychopathic ones.

DamianTV
02-03-2014, 04:46 AM
Remember, its the people that pay for it, not the cops. Oh darn, we're guilty. Guess we'll just have to take it out of everyones asses except our own!

Travlyr
02-03-2014, 04:48 AM
This is good news. Congress gave the police a standing ovation for killing an unarmed mother in cold blood. This lawsuit may bring that idiocy to national attention and wake more people up.

tod evans
02-03-2014, 06:47 AM
Family to file $75 million lawsuit against cops who killed Miriam Carey

Maybe strictly speaking but "the law" permits these cops to actually be two people, the civilian that should be sued for everything he owns and then imprisoned and the "officer" who is immune from litigation...

The DA (yup that cocksucker again!) gets to decide, free from reprisal, when actions of this legally split in two cop fall into which category...

If the DA in this case refuses to permit the cops to be sued as civilians then the cry for his head on a pike must be raised!

Suzanimal
02-03-2014, 08:53 AM
According to Hentoff, what happened to Carey is “an extraordinary example of how police have no limits when they get into this sort of situation,” and how they are out of control in many areas around the country.

He said the only thing that can put a limit on police power would be accountability.

Because the evidence is so strong that the police recklessly killed Carey, Hentoff said, the officers involved and their superiors must be held to account for her death, for the sake of the country.
And he called this story important, because, if police can get away with murder, “What kind of country are we?”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/u-s-sued-over-unarmed-moms-d-c-killing/#GUKcYjULsEXkAUXX.99

A Police State.

http://i.imgur.com/p9wfg3Y.jpg

enhanced_deficit
02-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Lets wait till the investigation results and video are released to public.

JK/SEA
02-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Lets wait till the investigation results and video are released to public.

i agree....

here, 'll give the reults now....

wait....
wait...

wait....

ok.....what was it we were talking about?....i forgot.

donnay
02-05-2014, 01:20 PM
This is good news. Congress gave the police a standing ovation for killing an unarmed mother in cold blood. This lawsuit may bring that idiocy to national attention and wake more people up.

Absolutely! That standing ovation made me sick to my stomach to watch.

osan
02-05-2014, 01:22 PM

Uh huh...

enhanced_deficit
06-01-2020, 10:14 PM
i agree....

here, 'll give the reults now....

wait....
wait...

wait....

ok.....what was it we were talking about?....i forgot.

Been only 6 years. Wheel of justice can be slow but in the end wheel turns.

Lawyer representing family of Miriam Carey arrested (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?430954-Lawyer-representing-family-of-Miriam-Carey-arrested&)

In related:

Jun 1, 2020

Obama: ‘We Have To’ Protest⁠—And Vote⁠—To Affect Real Change In America

After six days of sometimes violent protests over George Floyd’s death, with little response from President Donald Trump other than to cheer on law enforcement, former President Barack Obama published (https://medium.com/@BarackObama/how-to-make-this-moment-the-turning-point-for-real-change-9fa209806067) a Medium piece Monday with some thoughts on how real change can be affected during this pivotal time in U.S. history.

forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/06/01/obama-we-have-to-protest-and-vote-to-affect-real-change-in-america/#6448453c2c5d