PDA

View Full Version : Cannabis Poisoning: You had to see this coming.....

Red Green
02-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Apparently, the drug warriors are afraid their "Reefer Madness" and egg-frying-in-a-pan message campaigns aren't doing the trick anymore so they had a doctor invent a new way to die: "cannabis poisoning". Now they really can say someone actually died as a result of using cannabis.

Devout Christian mother-of-three, 31, becomes first woman in Britain to DIE from cannabis poisoning after smoking a joint in bed to help her sleep

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548669/Devout-Christian-mother-three-31-woman-Britain-DIE-cannabis-poisoning-smoking-joint-bed.html#ixzz2sE5e7Qpy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

kcchiefs6465
02-02-2014, 09:38 PM
That is quite literally the dumbest shit I've ever read.

Overdosed on a half of a joint of marijuana. Right.

Frankly every case that coroner has overseen ought to be called into question.

asurfaholic
02-02-2014, 09:58 PM
She "was" on prescription meds for depression due to recent events, but "appears" she wasnt taking them.

Here's hoping that the scientific community demands a 2nd opinion.

KCIndy
02-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I remember reading that article a day or two ago and thinking it was a joke. It wasn't.

I should have known better.

Dr.3D
02-02-2014, 10:17 PM
You can't just say marijuana killed her. You have to say how the marijuana did it. Did she have a ruptured aneurism, heart attack or exactly how did she die?

idiom
02-02-2014, 10:27 PM
You can't just say marijuana killed her. You have to say how the marijuana did it. Did she have a ruptured aneurism, heart attack or exactly how did she die?

The Cannabis poison killed her brain. Read the report.

KCIndy
02-02-2014, 10:28 PM

It's stupid. Insane, really. The article keeps blabbing on about "lowered blood pressure" and "increased heart rate" but the actual cause of death was never established.

A few highlights:

Her death was caused by cannabis toxicity, and a coroner recorded a verdict of death by cannabis abuse.

The inquest was told that Miss Moss smoked half a joint a night to help her sleep.

A post mortem examination revealed that there were no obvious signs of abnormality in Miss Moss’s body. Pathologist Dr Kudair Hussein told the inquest in Bournemouth there were ‘moderate to heavy’ levels of cannabis-related chemicals in her blood.

Bournemouth coroner Mr Sheriff Payne asked Dr Hussein: ‘You are satisfied it was the effects of cannabis that caused her death?’ Dr Hussein replied: ‘Yes sir.’

In recording a verdict that Miss Moss died from drug abuse, Mr Payne said: ‘Gemma had been a long-term user of cannabis.

‘She suffered from depression and was on prescription drugs to try and deal with that although it would not appear she was taking them at the time of her death.

‘She usually used it (cannabis) in the evenings to try and help her to get to sleep and did not use it in the daytime.

‘The post mortem could find no natural cause for her death with the balance of probability that it is more likely than not that she died from the effects of cannabis.’

(highlighting is mine)

The whole thing smells, and NOT like cannabis. I'm guessing the poor woman died of something completely unrelated. It also sounds like there are a couple of severely anti-cannabis authorities who are trying to capitalize on her death to push their own agenda.

opal
02-02-2014, 11:29 PM
anyone remember paraquat?

jkr
02-03-2014, 12:05 AM
parquat

again?

NorfolkPCSolutions
02-03-2014, 01:35 AM
I'm not even going to read this silly article. Killed by cannabis...two words: Willie Nelson.

Might as well try to make the case that smiling causes athlete's foot.

Cap
02-03-2014, 06:53 AM
anyone remember paraquat?

During the late 1970s, a controversial program sponsored by the US government sprayed paraquat on cannabis fields in Mexico

Paraquat, a viologen, is quick-acting and non-selective, killing green plant tissue on contact. It is also toxic to human beings and animals. Research has shown that it is linked to development of Parkinson's disease

Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraquat)

tod evans
02-03-2014, 06:57 AM
The only way this broad was killed by 1/2 a joint is if it was "big-bamboo" in size and got lodged sideways in her esophagus....

phill4paul
02-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Who are we to question the findings of the anointed one? He was a doctor. He went to medical school and shit.

Root
02-03-2014, 07:09 AM
I tried my hardest to poison myself on cannabis yesterday. Feeling good today.

Suzanimal
02-03-2014, 07:34 AM
She "was" on prescription meds for depression due to recent events, but "appears" she wasnt taking them.

Here's hoping that the scientific community demands a 2nd opinion.

Agreed, some anti depressants cause cardiac problems but it was clearly the weed.:rolleyes:

tod evans
02-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Who are we to question the findings of the anointed one? He was a doctor. He went to medical school and shit.

I was stationed with doctors, there's not a harder partying bunch that I'm aware of....