PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul did not show as well this debate

luckystars
11-29-2007, 11:15 PM
because he has been hijacked by the "win" factor. He should relax and just be himself, close off all advisor's, have his wife drive his car and continue the same message he has been delivering for 30 years. Don't try to package him, it will fail.

In life, be yourself...after all its the only life you have.

Best of Luck and Love to you Dr. Paul

free.alive
11-29-2007, 11:30 PM
are you mad?

He's looking better than ever! Did you hear the post-debate speech? Did you hear the clarity and confidence in his masterful responses to potentially smearing questions? Did you hear the veracity with which he defended his candidacy and affirmed the massive, growing support he has nationwide?

Why don't you take a break and watch the new footage with new eyes - I'm sure you'll be immediately reassured.

partypooper
11-29-2007, 11:32 PM
because he has been hijacked by the "win" factor. He should relax and just be himself, close off all advisor's, have his wife drive his car and continue the same message he has been delivering for 30 years. Don't try to package him, it will fail.

In life, be yourself...after all its the only life you have.

Best of Luck and Love to you Dr. Paul

agree completely. i think the ending was not good at all. he needs to focus much more on how to respond to specific criticisms of his foreign policy monetary proposals and much less on advertising the revolution.

luckystars
11-29-2007, 11:36 PM
I am not mad, he looked better in earlier debates. He looked less managed, more himself and less stressed. He keeps saying "we have all this money now"
That is no different than lottery winners, now the landscape has changed.
I am giving a voters view...he was so attractive as a grassroots Washington outsider. The longer he can remain so the better for him. He should not place first in Iowa or New Hampshire, he should let them go after each other and reap the rewards of remaining a virgin.

Hey, I come from a political family I do know the ropes.

Stay with the people, ignore the money. He should stay isolated from the our thing and keep on message only and with his normal life (It's why we fell for him, no?)

kylejack
11-29-2007, 11:38 PM
He looked better in earlier debates because the questions in this one were far worse. He's good at fighting them on the war and spending and party-credibility, but I don't think he expected the CFR blindside.

Sandra
11-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Oh boy! This is just warming up. The questions posed to Dr Paul are going to get downright combative from here on out. These debates are constructed to weed out certain contenders.

partypooper
11-29-2007, 11:45 PM
He keeps saying "we have all this money now" ...Stay with the people, ignore the money. He should stay isolated from the our thing and keep on message only and with his normal life (It's why we fell for him, no?)

as a psychologist, i couldn't agree more :D. he needs to drop the money talk unless he is specifically asked about it. let the media marvel about the money (we know they will), lest you want to come across as somebody who believes that votes can be bought.

the revolution speaks for itself. dr paul should focus on articulating the message in the most effective way.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
11-29-2007, 11:47 PM
I think Dr. Paul did fine.

luckystars
11-29-2007, 11:49 PM
The candidate does not do the work.
We do.
The candidate stays on message and remains cool and calm he knows what his
convictions are.
We come to him, he does not come to us.
We are drawn to him through his message.
He has nothing to do with us, his message is his own.
He is not connected to his supporters, we are drawn to donate by the message.
His appeal is his message that has been consistent for 30 years.
Nobody has this track record.

Isolate the candidate from the campaign.

Grassroots wins it.

KCIndy
11-29-2007, 11:51 PM
He seemed a little stressed to me -- but if I were him, I would have been stressed too!! He didn't get a chance to talk! **I** was getting stressed watching the debate, because it seemed like every candidate got to answer several questions - except Ron Paul, of course!

Here he is, outpolling Thompson and Huckabee in NH and holding his own in IA, and friggin' Duncan Hunter gets more debate spotlight??

I think I could've gone through a whole roll of Rolaids! :mad:

luckystars
11-29-2007, 11:54 PM
He is actually saying that.
"We did so much better than I expected."

He should just stay on message, it won him all of US!!

beobeli
11-29-2007, 11:58 PM
Ron looked great and nailed all the answers.

On the other hand it was obvious that each single questions was a setup and propaganda. There are many ignorant Americans but not this ignorant. The obvious "low blow" questions, plus the little amount of time Ron was given (which he used very effectively), plus absolutely amazing video showing what Ron Paul movement is all about will, in my opinion, result in people being puzzled and asking themselves "what is going on here?". There is nothing more powerful than people initiating and doing their own homework and discovery. Just watch; before you know, our numbers will be swelling.

Besides who were the alternatives on the floor that night? Huck may be "funny" but people know that he stands for nothing and that he will do nothing for the country. That especially will become obvious when pinned against Hillary, Obama and/or Edwards. (They will do nothing for the country also, but they do appear "more complete" compared to Huck.)

And on the polls... A day before the debate Rasmussen was saying (on XM radio interview) that historically speaking debates DO NOT affect polls in any significant way. (Go figure.) So if you are seeing "surge" of this or that kind, it is all rigged propaganda. GOP is scrambling to avoid Ron Paul.

Ron's consistent, pure and actually simple idea of "FOLLOW THE LAW (Constitution) STUPID" is actually an obvious way to slow down and (hopefully) cure runaway corruption and all other ills that come from it (wars, spending, failing dollar, bankrupt social security, broken health care, illegal immigration, economic bubbles, you name it) .

We know what our job is -- to SPREAD THIS SIMPLE MESSAGE.

partypooper
11-29-2007, 11:59 PM
i think he perhaps got carried away with the success he has at the rallies and forgot that he won his supporters before the rallies and not at them. the closing speech he had yesterday was a rally speech, not a debate speech and it didn't work for anybody except those already committed.

noztnac
11-30-2007, 12:06 AM
I think he should challenge the other candidates to a real debate on something specific...say monetary policy. Just have a debate- No rules, no moderators, just a debate.

beobeli
11-30-2007, 12:08 AM
The man has been saying the same thing for 30 years. So for you who are insisting on "Staying on the message" I think he cannot do anything else but just that. He is doing fine. Don't get flustered...

Debate is one small component - a popularity contests for tap dancers like Giuliani and Romney. The campaigns are won door-to-door, in the communities and churches.

Don't forget that Kerry was polling at 4% in early states before he eclipsed the "screech" (his name escapes me at the moment?)

seapilot
11-30-2007, 12:10 AM
He seemed a little stressed to me -- but if I were him, I would have been stressed too!! He didn't get a chance to talk! **I** was getting stressed watching the debate, because it seemed like every candidate got to answer several questions - except Ron Paul, of course!

Here he is, outpolling Thompson and Huckabee in NH and holding his own in IA, and friggin' Duncan Hunter gets more debate spotlight??

I think I could've gone through a whole roll of Rolaids! :mad:

I agree, he probably felt cheated and frustrated still getting treated like he is on the bottom of the pack when in fact we have earned a spot in top 4 now.

Any normal human would be agitated too.

luckystars
11-30-2007, 12:21 AM
But he can't look as though he feels cheated. He needs to look like we saw him the very first time. The beautiful girl at the senior prom, you went to school with her since elementary and all of a sudden you see her sitting in the corner. She has matured in a beautiful and quite way, and nobody else has recognized that. She is all substance, all pure and unaffected by popular culture.

And you ask her to dance...

partypooper
11-30-2007, 01:20 AM
I agree, he probably felt cheated and frustrated still getting treated like he is on the bottom of the pack when in fact we have earned a spot in top 4 now.

Any normal human would be agitated too.

yes, all of it is normal and certainly excusable. the point is not to blame or criticize but to point out the weakness so that things are better next time.

again, dr paul should stick to articulating the message which is complex and very poorly understood by republican voters. bragging around about fund-raising is simply not going to sway anybody. yes, it feels gratifying to us to see his gratitude and optimism but that is why we have the rallies. the point of the debates is entirely different and these two should never be confused.

rice_classic
11-30-2007, 01:44 AM
I agree with the fact that he did not show "as well." He was just fine but it wasn't an improvement and I think Ron Paul fence sitters wanted to something to push them over and in this regard I think he didn't deliver.

Regardless of our support, regardless of the issues he supports/defends, if Ron doesn't start selling himself on stage, he's gonna start selling himself short.

When he was responding I could almost mouth the words since I've seen those exact rebuttals in the previous debates. I don't want to hear, "They're angry because we're over THere," another time. He needs to emphasize the same message and sell it with different words, he needs to use definitive examples.

He did this quite well in former debates when he talked about specific examples in America's foreign policy and used them as debating points.

Ron:
Watch the debates again and look at the questions the opposition has. Learn them like they are "plays from the playbook of the opposing team." Learn the questions that they keep getting asked, look at how they sell themselves on stage and note what positions on what questions they take. Find out that information and sell your positions against theres and give specific examples.

Here's why, the MSM's recent 'knee-jerk' word is "Qualified". They are asking votes who they think is actually qualified. This word has become commonplace on the reporters teleprompters. Now all you have to do Ron, is prove it as you are it. Talk about your service and what you learned, talk about specific bills you opposed to protect our freedoms and finances and talk about those who supported them. Show the world video clips of you in the past and prove that you've been delivering the same message for years! Give examples of how the IRS is stealing (make it hit close to home, so close I, the voter, feel it)! Give examples of how Central Banks have caused collapses. The more specific you are, the more intelligent you appear and the most intelligent (not pretentious or condescending) candidate will definitely appear the most qualified.

I saw the attack from McCain coming from a mile away and your response read well on paper but not on stage. On stage it looked like he caught you unprepared.

You did well but it wasn't "better".

No more finger pointing, no more preaching and don't repeat yourself. Show up for blood, aim for their heart. Don't do this with attacks or name calling. Hit them hard, in a way they aren't used to. Hit them with facts, with knowledge and show the world how much they really don't know. This is war, this is a revolution and I expect you to start acting like it. As someone who donated more than I really could afford during the holidays, I want to see my money well spent.

Ron Paul, I need you to stop getting mad and start getting even. Tell me, next time you're stage, how my life, my future and my security will be improved by your Presidency.

You brought a knife. At the next (proverbial) gunfight, America needs you to show up with Kevlar and a .50 cal.

partypooper
11-30-2007, 02:11 AM
Give examples of how Central Banks have caused collapses. The more specific you are, the more intelligent you appear and the most intelligent (not pretentious or condescending) candidate will definitely appear the most qualified.

this is a very good advice. dr paul needs to work on examples because they capture the attention, make a point clear and throw off the competition which is unprepared for them. but retrieving a good example on the stage is difficult and that is why he often falls to generalities and repeats himself.

in short, he needs to prepare for the debates. yet - as far as i can tell - so far he has relied solely on improvisation. debating is a skill and having the knowledge and intellect is not equivalent to possessing the skill.

emilysdad
11-30-2007, 11:24 AM
I too felt the debate showing was poor, initially.

Our meetup has maintained a Ron Paul booth at our local Farmers Market for nearly 5 months. Every Thursday, thousand of people see our booth and we speak with dozens.

Last night was very busy. Of the several dozen we spoke with, 13 learned of Dr. Paul from the debate. They were all impressed.. Needless to say, the 5 of us manning the booth were suprised if not confused as we brooded over the debate. Finally one man put it in perspective. He told us as supporters we may have felt the debate was poor, but from somebody seeing him for the first time, he was very impressive. This was the same sentiment we heard from all thirteen. Nearly everybody we talked with last night made mention of the obvious debate bias and we spent most of the evening explaining the reasons why.

After 5 months, speaking with hundreds of people, I can tell you people are waking up and taking notice. This campaign and this election is quickly becoming a Truth to Power movement. People are feeling Dr. Paul's truth and seeing through the smoke and mirrors of everybody else, to include the other candidates and the media.

We are all part of history in the making.

Blowback
11-30-2007, 11:47 AM
I thought the debate showing was fantastic.

I won't lie, I still believe that the very first two debates were my favorites but this one was great also.

He's answers on the NAU and abortion were flawless.

Ron Paul needs to brag about the money and the rallys a little. Especially when they ask stupid questions like "will you run 3rd party?"

WHY WOULD HE?

He is kicking all of the other candidate's collective asses.

tropicangela
11-30-2007, 12:11 PM
We knocked his socks off with our support and he is trying to adjust to the idea. He has a lot of pressure right now... he probably feels like if he loses that he will let America down.

Don't worry Doctor Paul! We know what "they" are doing.

tropicangela
11-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Someone posted this video in another thread...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=rNEgkAshNnI

Glenn Beck invites Ron Paul to appear (after calling us all terrorists might I add.) He mentions at the end that he can't explain his ideas in a soundbyte with all the other candidates laughing at him... but he will have a chance on his show. I think Glenn Beck likes him :)

partypooper
11-30-2007, 02:26 PM
dr paul appears to be stuck below 10% and i think that he absolutely must go to beck's show. in addition, dr paul needs to prepare for it. he needs to practice the most effective answers - his own best answers - to each of beck's questions because he is not good enough when thinking on the spot. sometimes he his brilliant, yes, but he has to be brilliant all the time because he gets very little exposure and cannot allow any mistakes.