PDA

View Full Version : Washington Examiner: Abolish the TSA

CaseyJones
02-01-2014, 10:06 AM
http://washingtonexaminer.com/abolish-the-tsa/article/2543245

A former Transportation Security Administration agent offered a confession of sorts in Politico Magazine on Thursday, called "Dear America, I Saw You Naked."

"In private, most TSA officers I talked to told me they felt the agency’s day-to-day operations represented an abuse of public trust and funds," Jason Edward Harrington writes, before detailing how TSA screeners routinely made jokes about passenger appearances, and even set up a system of code words such as "Alfalfa" to warn others when attractive female passengers were passing through $150,000 full-body scanners they all knew wouldn't stop a determined terrorist.

After reading his account, and others in his blog, Taking Sense Away, I came to one inescapable conclusion:

We have outsourced airline security to a bunch of teenagers.

It's time to pull the plug and bring the adults back into control.

Also, before I forget: This abusive, intrusive, wasteful bureaucratic monstrosity is the product of a Republican Congress and a Republican president.

One of the most important qualities of true leaders is the ability to admit mistakes and take steps to fix them. Here's a great chance for the Republicans to show -- in an election year, no less -- why they're different from President Obama and the Democrats, who have doubled down on the Obamacare disaster, and why they deserve control in Washington.

Abolish the TSA.

folks should go comment on that

CaseyJones
02-01-2014, 10:51 AM
bump

CaseyJones
02-01-2014, 05:39 PM
bump again

Feeding the Abscess
02-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Agreed.

No reform.