PDA

View Full Version : Christie Knew About Lane Closings, Ex-Port Authority Official Says

Brian4Liberty
01-31-2014, 03:07 PM
More trouble for Christie:

The former Port Authority official who personally oversaw the lane closings on the George Washington Bridge in the scandal now swirling around Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey said on Friday that the governor knew about the lane closings when they were happening, and that he had the evidence to prove it.
“Mr. Wildstein contests the accuracy of various statements that the governor made about him and he can prove the inaccuracy of some,” the letter added.

The letter marked the first signal that Mr. Christie may have been aware of the closings, something he repeatedly denied during thenews conference.
More:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/nyregion/christie-bridge.html

HOLLYWOOD
01-31-2014, 03:10 PM
Indict the little piglets with harsh violations/felonies... they'll squeal on the big "PORKY" pig.

Travlyr
01-31-2014, 03:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKHV0LLvhXM

Kords21
01-31-2014, 03:40 PM
Do I smell bacon?

Brian4Liberty
01-31-2014, 03:46 PM
Indict the little piglets with harsh violations/felonies... they'll squeal on the big "PORKY" pig.

piglets... :D

I missed that one. Classic.

NorfolkPCSolutions
01-31-2014, 03:46 PM
Well, there goes his 2016. Wonder what they'll dig up on Rand - I predict that it will not be this blatantly stupid, or in any way legitimate.

This news, however? I just laughed and laughed...sometimes I get tired of being right.

Peace&Freedom
01-31-2014, 04:47 PM
As I mused when the scandal first hit, "pigs get fed, but hogs get slaughtered." Somebody in the eastern establishment really wants to clear the way for Jeb Bush in 2016.

rpfocus
01-31-2014, 05:03 PM
As I mused when the scandal first hit, "pigs get fed, but hogs get slaughtered." Somebody in the eastern establishment really wants to clear the way for Jeb Bush in 2016.

The Bush name is toxic. Even the thought of Jeb Bush running in 2016 is laughable. And against Hillary? LOL.

LibForestPaul
01-31-2014, 05:22 PM
This reminds me of Spitzer episode.
Step on some big wigs feet. Oh well...

NorfolkPCSolutions
01-31-2014, 05:34 PM
I wonder if Christie is now regretting having "cleared things up" in his two-hour presser a few weeks back. He was asked about his relationship with Weinstein, specifically, he was asked if they were not "very close friends," or some such. As I remember it, Christie responded in a way that his relationship with Weinstein was no more than having passed him in the halls of his high school; that Mr. W was but one of 2,500 faces he saw in his graduating class. He really distanced himself from the man.

If my memory is clear, that same day Weinstein was asked a similar question, and responded with a "Fuck that guy!" attitude.

I wonder...had Christie gingerly kissed Weinstein's ass, maybe a little smooch, maybe he could have expected Weinstein to take the fall for the debacle. (Riiiight...) Any astute observer of current politics with even a cursory understanding of the events surrounding this story saw this coming. P&F, you raise a very interesting point about clearing the way for another establishment puke in '16. Did you read this yet? Laughable now, for certain, but I wouldn't put it past the fuckers in the RNC - not to mention their globalist paymasters. (http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsoutofcontext/57476619-64/trib-state-dnews-rep.html.csp)

kahless
01-31-2014, 05:44 PM
The Bush name is toxic. Even the thought of Jeb Bush running in 2016 is laughable. And against Hillary? LOL.

Memories are short. History keeps repeating itself.

People did not want another Bush yet a few years later nominated his son. With the outrage against Romneycare he was considered to have no chance. It was totally bizarre that Romney ended up with the nomination considering the widely displayed Tea Party outrage and protests only a few years prior. As we have seen ever 4 years the establishment propaganda is brilliant and they were able to pull it off regardless.

The people gave the Dems 8 years and the media would be quite happy with a RINO like Jeb. Hillary will lose to Jeb.

The establishment needed Christie as a place holder so Jeb does not peak too early. Christie is probably finished but I suspect they may try to keep him around a bit to keep Rand from gaining in any polls. The plan is to dilute the field as much as possible with big government Republicans that have no chance to prevent a real conservative from getting the nomination.

aGameOfThrones
01-31-2014, 06:06 PM
The former Port Authority official who personally oversaw the lane closings on the George Washington Bridge in the scandal now swirling around Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey said on Friday that the governor knew about the lane closings when they were happening, and that he had the evidence to prove it.

Is this suicide material? I don't think this is a big enough issue for a mysterious suicide.

angelatc
01-31-2014, 06:51 PM
This seems to be a case of the governor knowing about it after the lanes were already closed. That could happen if he heard it on the radio.

IMHO, for it to be a real smoking gun they have to prove he ordered it, or at least OK'd it.

Brian4Liberty
01-31-2014, 06:55 PM
This seems to be a case of the governor knowing about it after the lanes were already closed. That could happen if he heard it on the radio.

IMHO, for it to be a real smoking gun they have to prove he ordered it, or at least OK'd it.

Yeah, that would be a real bombshell. This will come down to parsing words. Did Christie know about it on the first day or the last day? He'll claim it's a misinterpretation if he said that he didn't know about it "at the time"? It depends on the meaning of the word "time"...

Peace&Freedom
01-31-2014, 07:56 PM

Perhaps that is the point. Christie and Bush are BOTH intended by TPTB to be sacrificial lambs to Hillary in 2016, but either Bush has the edge with the insiders, or somebody is nervous that Christie might wipe out Bush early on, but ultimately lose the GOP nomination to Rand. Better to take Christie out now, so as to set up stronger selected milquetoast moderate frontrunners to lock up the nomination, then lose to Hillary later. Even if Jeb wins over Hillary, he's still an acceptable Plan B as far as the establishment is concerned.

vita3
01-31-2014, 09:29 PM
Jewish media mafia was pushing this story today. Wolf had that lawyer Derowitz going off on Christie & Drudge had it front page.

MrGoose
01-31-2014, 09:54 PM
Well, there goes his 2016. Wonder what they'll dig up on Rand - I predict that it will not be this blatantly stupid, or in any way legitimate.

This news, however? I just laughed and laughed...sometimes I get tired of being right."How do you feel about your father's racist letter? Are you a racist Senator?"

Mr.NoSmile
01-31-2014, 10:03 PM
Something like this won't end Christie at all. So long as he's still part of the RGA, he's still rubbing elbows with the higher-ups of the GOP. They won't turn on him for something like this.

vita3
01-31-2014, 10:16 PM
Alan Dershowitz was the lawyer attacking Christie, via Wolf Blitzer

& Michael Chernoff (homeland security, TSA seller of scanners)is representing somebody in this NJ "scandal"

phill4paul
01-31-2014, 10:19 PM
Check in one years time where those Christie has "fired" are working and how much they are making. Then you'll know.

AngryCanadian
01-31-2014, 10:26 PM
"How do you feel about your father's racist letter? Are you a racist Senator?"

dont give the MSM any ideas.

RickyJ
01-31-2014, 11:22 PM
Jewish media mafia was pushing this story today. Wolf had that lawyer Derowitz going off on Christie & Drudge had it front page.

Which means all established main stream media outlets. If they dislike Christie that much, then he isn't all that bad.

Carson
01-31-2014, 11:49 PM
Oops. Probably should have posted this post in this more relevant thread.

This just in on Fark.

Breaking news: apparently Chris Christie can actually fit under a bus

The story;

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/christie-knew-wildstein

The fark comment section;

http://www.fark.com/comments/8124770/Breaking-news-apparently-Chris-Christie-can-actually-fit-under-a-bus

The comment section is worth it for the pictures alone.

Brian4Liberty
02-01-2014, 01:39 AM
Which means all established main stream media outlets. If they dislike Christie that much, then he isn't all that bad.

Or they can't control him.

TaftFan
02-01-2014, 01:41 AM
Fallon is a much better singer than Springsteen.

He is actually better than a lot of the singers he imitates.

phill4paul
02-01-2014, 01:48 AM

He's nailed Springsteen. I've never heard anyone else he's covered.

Carson
02-01-2014, 03:07 AM

Until you said that I didn't notice he was being imitated. I guess I was just listening. ?

NorfolkPCSolutions
02-01-2014, 03:33 AM
Yeah, I bet it'll be something like that...maybe even in those words, too. I'm kinda surprised that hasn't happened yet.

NorfolkPCSolutions
02-01-2014, 03:34 AM
Yeah, I bet it'll be something like that...maybe even in those words, too. I'm kinda surprised that hasn't happened yet.

Carson
02-01-2014, 08:47 AM

Or how-a-bout twice today at least.