PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Op-Ed in Intercollegiate Review

tsai3904
01-30-2014, 12:23 PM
One of the things I love about speaking with college students is the no-nonsense approach so many take. Your generation can detect falseness and hypocrisy from miles away. You want leaders who will not feed you a line of nonsense or sell you short.

Unfortunately, a lot of nonsense is peddled in Washington. I know—I work there and see it happen daily.

Think about the issues you con*front as you look to make your way in the world: a difficult job market paired with debt, in a country where economic security seems like a thing of the past.

Now think about how Washington has responded to these issues. Gov*ernment spending keeps accelerat*ing. The United States now spends almost a quarter of its gross domestic product (GDP) in Washington, and nearly half of that spending is borrowed. In fact, the federal government borrows $30,000 every second.

How, exactly, is that contributing to eco*nomic security—for you, for your parents, or for any other Americans?

More:
http://www.intercollegiatereview.com/index.php/2014/01/30/sneak-peek-at-the-irs-newest-issue-rand-pauls-challenge-to-students/