PDA

View Full Version : DELEGATES needed!

jenninlouisiana
11-29-2007, 10:43 PM
PM me if you are interested in the delegate process in Louisiana and/or you want to be a delegate and/or you know someone who wants to be.

You *MUST* be a registered republican BY TOMORROW (NOV 30th) if you want to participate in any way in the delegate process.

Go to your local Registrar of Voters in person to change parties and then get proof that you are now a Republican.

:cool:

Sandra
11-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Hi Jennifer , I'm a registered Republican and I PM'd you.

Jules
01-12-2008, 01:02 AM
Me too. I pm'd you as well.

raheelp
01-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Bump :dunno:

morerocklesstalk
01-20-2008, 04:43 PM
It is very easy to become a delegate. Do not be scared! I was apprehensive but when I saw no one else in my precinct didn't want to be a delegate I raised my hand and was put in as a delegate. I never had been in a primary or caucus before too.

It is not hard at all.

morerocklesstalk
01-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Anyone going to the caucuses tomorrow, just raise your hand and become a delegate. Prepare a short speech if you want and keep it simple. Just talk about the tax cuts, small gov't, cutting spending to balance the budget.

yankee_blue
01-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Anyone going to the caucuses tomorrow, just raise your hand and become a delegate. Prepare a short speech if you want and keep it simple. Just talk about the tax cuts, small gov't, cutting spending to balance the budget.

Works entirely differently here in LA...

Jobarra
01-21-2008, 04:40 PM
By the way the LA people talk, I don't think this caucus is the same as the IA and NV caucuses were. I think you had to sign up for the position awhile back and pay a fee. Sounds like Alabama's registration process for delegates, but the delegates get voted on at a caucus and then if candidate takes greater than 50%, all delegates are unbound. Since someone said that one third of the delegates signed up are Ron Paul delegates, there is a really good chance Dr. Paul will get delegates tomorrow :)

morerocklesstalk
01-21-2008, 04:59 PM
By the way the LA people talk, I don't think this caucus is the same as the IA and NV caucuses were. I think you had to sign up for the position awhile back and pay a fee. Sounds like Alabama's registration process for delegates, but the delegates get voted on at a caucus and then if candidate takes greater than 50%, all delegates are unbound. Since someone said that one third of the delegates signed up are Ron Paul delegates, there is a really good chance Dr. Paul will get delegates tomorrow :)

Oh sorry didn't know. Do they have to vote for all delegate spots or they able to only write in RP delegates and leave the rest blank?

jenninlouisiana
01-21-2008, 06:41 PM
The deadline to file an application to be a delegate was January 11th, I think.

We're going to vote for 15 delegates and 15 alternates.