PDA

View Full Version : Chicago grassroots response to the State of the Union [video]

LibertyEagle
01-30-2014, 02:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7mYg6Gt15o#t=215

Todd
01-30-2014, 07:28 AM
Needs to go viral. Break the illusion of how great he is regarded in his home town.

torchbearer
01-30-2014, 07:29 AM
+1

Origanalist
01-30-2014, 07:36 AM
Us white folks ain't too happy either........

nobody's_hero
01-30-2014, 07:40 AM
Something is definitely happening in Chicago. I've tried to warn democrats that they're taking minority voters for granted but undoubtedly they will try to ignore people who 'leave the plantation,' or label them 'uncle toms' for turning their backs on the democratic party.

And they will ignore this at their own peril.

But this will be no gain for the GOP unless they can change their messaging to the minority community in terms they will understand. For example, you can't talk about self-reliance and then keep nominating corporate bailout supporters.

Recap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzo9lCBYzA4

Travlyr
01-30-2014, 07:46 AM
Something is definitely happening in Chicago. I've tried to warn democrats that they're taking minority voters for granted but undoubtedly they will try to ignore people who 'leave the plantation,' or label them 'uncle toms' for turning their backs on the democratic party.

But this will be no gain for the GOP unless they can change their messaging to the minority community in terms they will understand. For example, you can't talk about self-reliance and then keep nominating corporate bailout supporters.

I agree. I like Rand Paul's message of economic zones of reduced taxation where people get to keep more of the money they earn.

nobody's_hero
01-30-2014, 07:55 AM
I agree. I like Rand Paul's message of economic zones of reduced taxation where people get to keep more of the money they earn.

Rand Paul has the right idea by going into historically black community colleges and speaking directly to minorities (I hate to keep using that term, minority, but for lack of a better word . . .), rather than let MSNBC or CNN continue to do the 'translating' about what the GOP stands for.

belian78
01-30-2014, 08:02 AM
I thought that was the most groan-worthy section of that pancake (as in flat as a) of a response the other night. That's straight up pandering, something we used to abhor around these parts. Why not everywhere, why just special areas?

Origanalist
01-30-2014, 08:05 AM
I thought that was the most groan-worthy section of that pancake (as in flat as a) of a response the other night. That's straight up pandering, something we used to abhor around these parts. Why not everywhere, why just special areas?

Women and minorities first......

It's a hopeful sign that they seem to be getting the picture finally though, maybe they can start voting without color blindness.

Travlyr
01-30-2014, 08:06 AM

Personally, I think it is a good plan. People can relate to reduced taxes and keep more of their paycheck. It is a good plan and smart politics as well. Hillary has the big money and Rand has the right message. Just my opinion.

belian78
01-30-2014, 08:09 AM
I'm not gonna hijack the thread for fear of bringing down LE's wrath for not automatically loving everything Rand says/does, but I will say that pandering of politicians is one of the exact things that brought these forums together back in 07.

I will say however, that in the case of Chicago, I am seeing some good things come from there recently. Those that aren't gangbangers and or haven't fled down here to Peoria, they are waking up to reality and realizing just cause someone has a D next to their name doesn't make them a savior.

Origanalist
01-30-2014, 08:16 AM
I'm not gonna hijack the thread for fear of bringing down LE's wrath for not automatically loving everything Rand says/does, but I will say that pandering of politicians is one of the exact things that brought these forums together back in 07.

I will say however, that in the case of Chicago, I am seeing some good things come from there recently. Those that aren't gangbangers and or haven't fled down here to Peoria, they are waking up to reality and realizing just cause someone has a D next to their name doesn't make them a savior.

I thought the video was awesome and loved what they had to say, but will that be reflected in the votes there? Um, hope springs eternal?

belian78
01-30-2014, 08:22 AM
I thought the video was awesome and loved what they had to say, but will that be reflected in the votes there? Um, hope springs eternal?
Yeah, if they truly do hold their rep's feet to the fire I'll be impressed. Of course, I expect Obama to be in Chicago personally promising the moon over the next couple of months, if this awakening is real.

Dianne
01-30-2014, 08:26 AM
The last election must have been completely fake; as I have not met one person (black or white) that voted for Obama last time around. In-fact, all the black people I know hate him.

nobody's_hero
01-30-2014, 08:29 AM
Rebel Pundit does pretty good with the videos. Some of it garbage but for the most part this 'year in review' video is pretty . . . interesting.

"You know Jaaaa!!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1fSLDpfdAc

Origanalist
01-30-2014, 08:29 AM
The last election must have been completely fake; as I have not met one person (black or white) that voted for Obama last time around. In-fact, all the black people I know hate him.

Come out to Seattle. They are still proud Obama voters. (not all of course)

truthspeaker
01-30-2014, 09:58 AM

Recap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzo9lCBYzA4

It's amazing to hear all of this. I'm glad I'm seeing people wake up. Hopefully positive dialogue will continue.

bunklocoempire
01-30-2014, 11:42 AM
Realizing betrayal played a big part in why I'm here. Good for anyone who gets/has a clue.

Now pass it on!

Dianne
01-30-2014, 07:57 PM
Realizing betrayal played a big part in why I'm here. Good for anyone who gets/has a clue.

Now pass it on!

Yeah, if you had any doubt under Clinton and Bush; Obama pretty much sealed the deal. I always look for the best in humanity; to discover inhumanity ... Sad ... I hated Bush, and couldn't believe the U.S. could ever find a worse President; and then strolled in Barry; with hidden identities, hidden pasts, etc.; and believe me ... he far surpassed Bush in corruption. Although, this time color gave him a license to steal.