PDA

View Full Version : TX Grand Jury Refuses To Indict Cop Who Killed Homeowner at Wrong Address

SeanTX
01-29-2014, 05:50 PM
Kelly Thomas' dad was right, it's "cart blanche" for officers to do whatever they want . Interesting that the other officer was fired for filing a false report in another case, when in this case both of them allegedly tampered with the scene (picking up spent shells, etc).

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/01/29/6112603/grand-jury-declines-to-indict.html#storylink=cpy

Grand jury declines to indict officer who killed homeowner
By DEANNA BOYD
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Published: Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2014 - 12:00 am

FORT WORTH, Texas -- A Fort Worth police officer will not face charges for fatally shooting a 72-year-old Texas homeowner while investigating a burglary alarm at the wrong house, a Tarrant County jury decided Wednesday.

The decision to "no-bill" R.A. "Alex" Hoeppner in the death of Jerry Waller came a week after prosecutors began presenting the case to the grand jury.

Waller died May 28 after being shot multiple times by Hoeppner as the officer and a partner searched for a possible burglary suspect after being dispatched to a burglary alarm call across the street.

Family members have said Waller, suspecting a prowler was outside, grabbed his gun and had gone to investigate when he was shot.

Documents indicate Hoeppner fired at Waller after he refused the officers' demands to drop his weapon and pointed it at Hoeppner.

Ben Hanlon, who was also present during the encounter with Waller but who did not fire his gun, was fired by the department in October in an unrelated matter.

snip

Jim Lane, Hoeppner's defense attorney, was having lunch with the Fort Worth officer when he received the call that the grand jury had no-billed Hoeppner.

"I looked at him and said, 'The grand jury no-billed you.' He just hung his head and took a big sigh," Lane said. "When they say it looks like a cloud was lifted off somebody's head, that's exactly what it looked like to me."

Lane said the case has weighed heavily on Hoeppner.

"Officer Hoeppner comes from a police family. His father was a very respected Fort Worth captain when he retired," Lane said. "This has been a heavy burden on Hoeppner and his family. I think one of the first thing he wants people know, especially the Waller family, is he sends his sympathies to them."

Lane said Hoeppner had gone through the police department's training academy and was properly trained. He said a law enforcement expert, considered one of the best in the country, was among witnesses brought in to testify before the grand jury.

"It's a tragedy but Hoeppner was doing actually how he was trained when confronted with the facts that he was confronted with," Lane said.

snip
"I think the community can rest assured that this was the correct decision and Hoeppner is a fine young officer," Lane added. "He has been back at work and he will continue to protect and serve the people of Fort Worth."

phill4paul
01-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Gonna be a banner year.

aGameOfThrones
01-29-2014, 06:04 PM
"It's a tragedy but Hoeppner was doing actually how he was trained when confronted with the facts that he was confronted with," Lane said.

Facts?

"I think the community can rest assured that this was the correct decision and Hoeppner is a fine young officer," Lane added. "He has been back at work and he will continue to protect and serve the people of Fort Worth."

By killing them?

http://i.minus.com/iofNKfxCoFsCC.gif

Dr.3D
01-29-2014, 06:09 PM
Guess that's why you shoot an armed intruder before they have a chance to shoot you.

Anti Federalist
01-29-2014, 07:53 PM
Gonna be a banner year.

That it is...

I've been asked nicely not to keep using the word that I have been using to describe our fellow AmeriKans.

Rhymes with blunts.

That's what these assholes are...

Welp, they want it, they have green lighted it, they make excuses for it...by God they are gonna get it.

I don't think there is anything we can do to stop it any longer.

Keep your head down and powder dry and be ready to fight or fly and hope we make it out alive on the other end.

DamianTV
01-29-2014, 08:02 PM
Jury Tampering.

Probably find out later the Jury was composed entirely of Cops.

---

Flip the coin.

The Just Us system will support Jury Nullification when it suits them, but for us to distribute information on Jury Nullification between the Mundanes, thats a CRIME.

phill4paul
01-29-2014, 08:04 PM
That it is...

I've been asked nicely not to keep using the word that I have been using to describe our fellow AmeriKans.

Rhymes with blunts.

That's what these assholes are...

Welp, they want it, they have green lighted it, they make excuses for it...by God they are gonna get it.

I don't think there is anything we can do to stop it any longer.

Keep your head down and powder dry and be ready to fight or fly and hope we make it out alive on the other end.

Heads down with an ear on the track. I can hear this train a comin'.

DamianTV
01-29-2014, 08:09 PM

The promised "Light at the end of the Tunnel" turns out to be a fast moving Train.

kcchiefs6465
01-29-2014, 08:09 PM
Does it have to be an unanimous indictment or is it a plurality? I can bet 1 in 12 people work for the government. In fact, over 25 million people work for the government. So we're talking 1/9th that are sympathetic to the state. That doesn't even include the bleaters. It is no wonder there is never a conviction of them. And if indictments can be vetoed or obstructed by way of one juror alone, it is no surprise they hardly get indicted.

The numbers may not be so disadvantageous, or at least I like to believe that a large portion of American are not cunts, but in the criminal just-us system, it is blatant how one sided it is.

HOLLYWOOD
01-29-2014, 08:14 PM
Jury Tampering.

Probably find out later the Jury was composed entirely of Cops.

---

Flip the coin.

The Just Us system will support Jury Nullification when it suits them, but for us to distribute information on Jury Nullification between the Mundanes, thats a CRIME.Should post the names and addresses of everyone on the Grand Jury in the papers, this way, vetting can be done by the journalists and public.

This rubber-stamp totalitarianism crap is getting old.

Anti Federalist
01-29-2014, 08:31 PM

And I ain't seen the sunshine, since I don't know when...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eggYBVAYiI

Christian Liberty
01-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Does it have to be an unanimous indictment or is it a plurality? I can bet 1 in 12 people work for the government. In fact, over 25 million people work for the government. So we're talking 1/9th that are sympathetic to the state. That doesn't even include the bleaters. It is no wonder there is never a conviction of them. And if indictments can be vetoed or obstructed by way of one juror alone, it is no surprise they hardly get indicted.

The numbers may not be so disadvantageous, or at least I like to believe that a large portion of American are not cunts, but in the criminal just-us system, it is blatant how one sided it is.

I really doubt that the percentages stack up so that 12 in 12 people would be willing to give murder right in front of their eyes a pass. Maybe the jurors were threatened. Maybe its government workers. I'd honestly be surprised if it weren't some combination of those. Don't get me wrong, I have a low opinion of the average American, but not quite that low. I save the term "sociopath" for the politicians. The average guy is just too lazy to be informed and doesn't realize the gravity of the problem. And has been taught to hate freedom his whole life, which makes him see the government crimes as being a little less bad than the common crimes.

Anti Federalist
05-26-2014, 06:05 PM
If you live around the Ft. Worth area, maybe you can attend.

They killed him, and the family still grovels at their feet.

Vigil will remember homeowner killed by Fort Worth police

Posted Monday, May. 26, 2014
By Anna M. Tinsley
atinsley@star-telegram.com

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/05/26/5848559/vigil-will-remember-homeowner.html

FORT WORTH — Jerry Waller has not been forgotten.

A candlelight vigil will be held at his family’s Woodhaven home Wednesday night as friends remember Waller, 72, who died last year after being shot several times by a Fort Worth policeman who had responded to a burglary call at the wrong house.

“Jerry Waller was a veteran. He had the highest regard for the men and women who serve our country and community,” says a statement on the Justice for Jerry Waller website. “He would not want the tragic decisions of the police involved in his death to cast a shadow on the honest and hardworking officers who serve our city. We need everyone’s support to get to the truth.”

kcchiefs6465
05-27-2014, 12:54 AM
I really doubt that the percentages stack up so that 12 in 12 people would be willing to give murder right in front of their eyes a pass. Maybe the jurors were threatened. Maybe its government workers. I'd honestly be surprised if it weren't some combination of those. Don't get me wrong, I have a low opinion of the average American, but not quite that low. I save the term "sociopath" for the politicians. The average guy is just too lazy to be informed and doesn't realize the gravity of the problem. And has been taught to hate freedom his whole life, which makes him see the government crimes as being a little less bad than the common crimes.
Yet they do.

fr33
05-27-2014, 01:11 AM
It's not surprising. Cop worshipers live here.

Uriel999
05-27-2014, 02:02 AM
somebody with better google fu should find and post his home address.

Henry Rogue
05-27-2014, 09:23 PM
How to get away with murder.
Step 1. Join LE.
Step 2. Murder.
Step 3. Cite "officer safty".
Step 4. If step 3 doesn't work, cite "followed procedures".
Step 5. Let the "just us" system do what it does best, protect its own.