PDA

View Full Version : IL-Nosey neighbors tattle on 11-year old entrepreneur

WM_in_MO
01-29-2014, 04:27 PM
I'd like to report the neighbor. See how he likes it.

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/government-shuts-11-year-olds-cupcake-business/#axzz2rZ1DcFQZ

TROY, Ill. – Apparently finding themselves without any lemonade stands (http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/08/03/the-inexplicable-war-on-lemonade-stands/) to demolish, health regulators in Illinois took the time to shut down an 11-year-old’s cupcake business.
http://i1.wp.com/thelibertarianrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/cupcakes.jpg?resize=300%2C187 (http://i1.wp.com/thelibertarianrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/cupcakes.jpg)Health regulator Amy Yeager says Chloe Stirling’s burgeoning cupcake business had to be stopped.

The health regulator looks like she needs some self- regulation. What a fat FRAU.

On Sunday, an Illinois newspaper featured an inspiring story about Chloe Stirling, a local entrepreneur renowned for her masterfully decorated (http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Madison-County-health-department-forces-11-year-ll-242419101.html?gallery=y&c=y) cupcakes. The Belleville News-Democrat (http://www.bnd.com/2014/01/26/3021370/troy-11-year-old-turns-cupcakes.html) reported that Chloe was saving money to one day start her own bakery, and has donated hundreds of cupcakes to cancer fundraisers.

Read more at TLR: Government Shuts Down 11-Year-Old’s Cupcake Business | The Libertarian Republic (http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/government-shuts-11-year-olds-cupcake-business/#ixzz2rpTGdPZn) http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/government-shuts-11-year-olds-cupcake-business/#ixzz2rpTGdPZn
Follow us: @LibRepublic on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=dPEIq8kRGr479bacwqm_6l&u=LibRepublic) | LibertarianRepublic on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=dPEIq8kRGr479bacwqm_6l&u=LibertarianRepublic)

Philhelm
01-29-2014, 04:29 PM
And for the first time, young Chloe Stirling had learned hate.

James Madison
01-29-2014, 04:36 PM
I feel safer.

Paulbot99
01-29-2014, 04:37 PM
I hate my own State... :(

limequat
01-29-2014, 05:03 PM
I'd like to think another libertarian was born of the incident, but perhaps not.

eduardo89
01-29-2014, 05:14 PM
I believe this is her twitter, send her a message to show you stand 100% behind her keeping us safe from 11-year old girls.

https://twitter.com/AmyJYeager

heavenlyboy34
01-29-2014, 05:16 PM
The good thing about this is that get overwhelming support from all sorts of people...may even get donations and help getting a solid venture going. :o As a bonus, she learned that the government is evil incarnate. :)

phill4paul
01-29-2014, 05:25 PM
I swear if I owned a restaurant I'd set aside time to allow kids to make lemonade and cupcakes.

DamianTV
01-29-2014, 05:29 PM
I hate my own State... :(

No worries, I hate YOUR state too. This could never happen in MY state!

Lesson Learned: You are Worthless without Permission.

Danke
01-29-2014, 05:31 PM
Think of all the lives Amy Yeager saved.

2young2vote
01-29-2014, 05:54 PM
Why are there no jobs? There's your answer. Government regulation. The end.

01-29-2014, 06:40 PM
I swear if I owned a restaurant I'd set aside time to allow kids to make lemonade and cupcakes.

You'd end up in jail for violating child labor laws...

Origanalist
01-29-2014, 06:55 PM
Think of all the lives Amy Yeager saved.

She deserves some kind of award.

phill4paul
01-29-2014, 06:57 PM
You'd end up in jail for violating child labor laws...

Ummm... well the child wouldn't be working for me. Still, I'm sure there are plenty of laws and regs that would keep it from happening so I get your point.

phill4paul
01-29-2014, 06:59 PM
She deserves some kind of award.

Boobie prize.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_P_QM3eUrYcM/SJjJb1rL8BI/AAAAAAAAA4Q/_m_Db5ZKKIA/s400/boob%2Bfinal_0614.jpg

Origanalist
01-29-2014, 07:10 PM

I just watched the video, and while I had hoped you were right, unfortunately she learned no such thing.

"I don't really blame the health department..." :(

Origanalist
01-29-2014, 07:11 PM
Boobie prize.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_P_QM3eUrYcM/SJjJb1rL8BI/AAAAAAAAA4Q/_m_Db5ZKKIA/s400/boob%2Bfinal_0614.jpg

I had something else in mind.

Origanalist
01-29-2014, 07:13 PM
I'd like to think another libertarian was born of the incident, but perhaps not.

Nope.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-29-2014, 07:20 PM
Yep. "Rules are rules." That Milgram experiment never goes out of style.

"More voltage, please."

phill4paul
01-29-2014, 07:23 PM
I had something else in mind.

http://www.tensionnot.com/pics/albums/Automobile/Accidents/Giant_Muffin_Crushes_Car/Pics_Giant_Muffin_Crushes_Car_1.jpg

Anti Federalist
01-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Unfortunately, someone in government read the heartwarming article – and, naturally, set to work stepping on this 11-year-old’s dreams. The Madison County Health Department told Chloe that she needs to construct another kitchen in her family’s home. “A rule is a rule,” smirking department spokeswoman Amy Yeager told KMOV.

Seems like it was the local apparatchik taking it upon herself and not neighbors.

Origanalist
01-29-2014, 07:29 PM
http://www.tensionnot.com/pics/albums/Automobile/Accidents/Giant_Muffin_Crushes_Car/Pics_Giant_Muffin_Crushes_Car_1.jpg

Was she in the car? :)

kcchiefs6465
01-29-2014, 07:29 PM
Nope.
She's eleven.

And no doubt sent to learn how good a man Wilson was everyday.

I'm sure she will look back on the incident differently. As far as probably any eleven year old is concerned, the Health Department keeps them safe. If they even know what it is at all. And most certainly they have no reason to question the government. The government is their friend. The campaigns of "see something, say something" and the DARE propaganda, the schooling in general and the propaganda in her textbooks, the media she is bombarded with nonstop, it all says OBEY.

Who knows whether this will be a positive teaching moment. At the least it taught her self-sufficiency is a sin.

Origanalist
01-29-2014, 07:31 PM
I just bookmarked that site. It looks good.

VIDEODROME
01-29-2014, 07:37 PM
It seems like the most that should be done is requiring a notice to be posted saying she is operating "Unlicensed" or something. Or a way that customers are reasonably notified that this product is not "fully in compliance".

At this point some market anarchists are about to jump on me saying she should have complete freedom to make and sell her product and that sounds good. I'm just suggesting that if you do have a food health regulator in place, there could be a more sane way to respond by compromising instead of shutting everything down.

Origanalist
01-29-2014, 07:46 PM
Seems like it was the local apparatchik taking it upon herself and not neighbors.

From the video, "A reader, (of the newspaper) brought it to the attention of the health department".

See something, say something.

Anti Federalist
01-29-2014, 07:50 PM
From the video, "A reader, (of the newspaper) brought it to the attention of the health department".

See something, say something.

Ah, OK, thanks...I hate video newz.

What sort of wretched specimen of humanity sees such a sweet and heart warming story, and their first thought is to call the fucking cops?

Fuck people...

Victor Grey
01-29-2014, 07:56 PM
It seems like the most that should be done is requiring a notice to be posted saying she is operating "Unlicensed" or something. Or a way that customers are reasonably notified that this product is not "fully in compliance".

At this point some market anarchists are about to jump on me saying she should have complete freedom to make and sell her product and that sounds good. I'm just suggesting that if you do have a food health regulator in place, there could be a more sane way to respond by compromising instead of shutting everything down.

Well see, the problem with that is, what with that unregulated, untaxed un-monitored bootleg sugar, water, flour, and butter & all the other completely, worrisome unapproved foodstuffs that were entirely beyond the radars of any public health officials, that the kid was using to make all those cupcakes with... surely something bad was bound to go wrong in that mad, wild, completely unregulated free market scheme of hers.

Oh wait, never mind.

kcchiefs6465
01-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Well see, the problem with that is, what with that unregulated, untaxed bootleg sugar, water, flour, and butter & all the other completely, worrisome unapproved foodstuffs that were entirely beyond the radars of any public health officials, that the kid was using to make all those cupcakes with... surely something bad was bound to go wrong in that mad, wild, completely unregulated free market scheme of hers.

Oh wait, never mind.
She affected the aggregate.

DamianTV
01-29-2014, 08:00 PM
Regulation is Prohibition of Competition. Signs a Market is NOT a Free Market.

Victor Grey
01-29-2014, 08:15 PM
She affected the aggregate.

You're telling me.

Granted, that grain's already been scryed over and blessed by the head priest of the land; but has it been exorcised by the local shamans, in order to get rid of the demons? No.

I don't want those things causing malaise in the village. She could be casting a wizard's spell over them for all we know.
It's best to leave these matters of baking up to the local guilds, I say. Where it's said to be safe, lest we invite the plague upon us.

Czolgosz
01-29-2014, 08:17 PM
Lol, good. Whatever it takes for people to finally start kneecapping americunts. I wish there was *a lot* more of this shit. And police beatings.

Christian Liberty
01-29-2014, 08:34 PM
I just watched the video, and while I had hoped you were right, unfortunately she learned no such thing.

"I don't really blame the health department..." :(

I didn't watch the video, but she's 11. Hopefully it planted a seed. She's not going to just wake up a market anarchist or even minarchist who wants to abolish the health department. If she did, her parents would probably tell her she was crazy, and again, she's 11. No way she's going to think that much into it.

Now, if she grows up and does the same thing to some other 11 year old, than yeah, that's the time to get ticked at her. But not now.

The bottom line is that this shows the insanity of the very idea of a Dept. of Health to begin with. I mean, is she special because she's a child? Or is the entire system messed up? I say the system is messed up.

She's eleven.

And no doubt sent to learn how good a man Wilson was everyday.

I'm sure she will look back on the incident differently. As far as probably any eleven year old is concerned, the Health Department keeps them safe. If they even know what it is at all. And most certainly they have no reason to question the government. The government is their friend. The campaigns of "see something, say something" and the DARE propaganda, the schooling in general and the propaganda in her textbooks, the media she is bombarded with nonstop, it all says OBEY.

Who knows whether this will be a positive teaching moment. At the least it taught her self-sufficiency is a sin.

Yeah, I agree. She's 11. I don't actually expect her to know how screwed up the government is.

No, I get your point. While ultimately I would agree with the "market anarchists" you describe, your point would be much closer to what we want than the status quo, without leaving any conceivably valid grounds by which a statist could complain (Of course, they would: "for the children" or some such.)

Lol, good. Whatever it takes for people to finally start kneecapping americunts. I wish there was *a lot* more of this shit. And police beatings.

I go back and forth between wanting to see the State stop telegraphing its punches so hopefully people will wake up, and hoping that it somehow goes slowly enough that I can go through most, if not all, of my life before we truly live in a "hot" dictatorship like the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany. Honestly, I question the willpower of the average person to resist. I don't think your average, everyday American would actually be OK with what happened in the OP. But they'd probably make excuses for the enforcers because "its the law" or something. They aren't going to start treating them like common thugs. They just don't get HOW screwed up we are. Frankly, I don't think they ever will, because they're too worried about the mundane (And by "mundane" in this case, I mean EVENTS, not PEOPLE) to actually care enough about this type of crap. So for the most part, I'm hoping that people like Rand Paul and Greg Brannon (here's hoping he gets elected) can actually slow down the tyrants enough to keep things livable for awhile. Maybe if we could actually roll things back a few years and then force them to tip their hands maybe we could get somewhere. I don't know how we'd go about doing that.

Origanalist
01-29-2014, 08:44 PM
FF,I'm not ticked at her, and yes I realize she's 11. I guess maybe I'm comparing her to my daughters, who would certainly have reacted differently. Her reaction is one that my older sister would have had. And while she agree's with me on many things, let's just say she doesn't take the state as an affront to her liberty as I do.

XNavyNuke
01-29-2014, 08:53 PM
###

WM_in_MO
01-29-2014, 08:58 PM

What sort of wretched specimen of humanity sees such a sweet and heart warming story, and their first thought is to call the fucking cops?

Fuck people...

the law and order fuckwits, that's who.

You're right, fuck the whole lot of 'em.

Valli6
01-29-2014, 09:12 PM
That's how Martha Stewert started out. Not joking - she's talked about it. She baked cakes and started selling them to her neighbors, when she was just about this girls age. Another girl started doing the same thing and they had to compete with each other for customers.

Here's another cake to send to that woman from the health department.
http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2014/01/07/1226796/449246-43a69850-7721-11e3-abd3-ac86fade2183.jpg

ClydeCoulter
01-29-2014, 09:14 PM
the law and order fuckwits, that's who.

You're right, fuck the whole lot of 'em.

Not yet. There may be more that will wake up. :)

VIDEODROME
01-29-2014, 09:15 PM
You're telling me.

Granted, that grain's already been scryed over and blessed by the head priest of the land; but has it been exorcised by the local shamans, in order to get rid of the demons? No.

Now we know what happened to that house in Gary, IN. Demon Cup Cakes.

Christian Liberty
01-29-2014, 09:26 PM
Even my mom didn't call me overdramatic when I referred to the health department lady as a "sociopath" in this case. If my mom agrees with that, you know its pretty bad.

Occam's Banana
01-29-2014, 09:52 PM

Chloe Stirling did this to herself.

Christian Liberty
01-29-2014, 10:10 PM
FF,I'm not ticked at her, and yes I realize she's 11. I guess maybe I'm comparing her to my daughters, who would certainly have reacted differently. Her reaction is one that my older sister would have had. And while she agree's with me on many things, let's just say she doesn't take the state as an affront to her liberty as I do.

Your daughters had at least one, if not two, libertarian parents.

Most people don't. I doubt she did. She probably grew up being taught that these sociopaths are her "elected officials", "representatives", or whatever other garbage. I was born into a conservative family who was more skeptical of government than most but not truly viewing them as the criminal thugs that they are like I'm sure your daughters do. It took me 2-3 years to "wake up" after encountering Ron Paul (depending on how far one has to get before they can be considered "awake") and its still an ongoing process sometimes. And I generally don't fit in or care about what other people think. For those who do, it would probably take longer.

Chloe Stirling did this to herself.

Of course, how dare she break the "law". Obviously she's a despicable terrorist:rolleyes:

Origanalist
01-29-2014, 10:18 PM
Your daughters had at least one, if not two, libertarian parents.

Most people don't. I doubt she did. She probably grew up being taught that these sociopaths are her "elected officials", "representatives", or whatever other garbage. I was born into a conservative family who was more skeptical of government than most but not truly viewing them as the criminal thugs that they are like I'm sure your daughters do. It took me 2-3 years to "wake up" after encountering Ron Paul (depending on how far one has to get before they can be considered "awake") and its still an ongoing process sometimes. And I generally don't fit in or care about what other people think. For those who do, it would probably take longer.

Of course, how dare she break the "law". Obviously she's a despicable terrorist:rolleyes:

Well, not quite. My daughters were 11 over twenty years ago and I had never even heard the word libertarian, nor was I aware of any liberty movement. We just never cared much for control freaks.

eduardo89
01-29-2014, 10:19 PM
Y

That's harsh.

Christian Liberty
01-29-2014, 10:32 PM
That's harsh.

C'mon, even I could have detected that post as sarcasm.

Do I really need to put "Sarc" tags on these?

eduardo89
01-29-2014, 10:33 PM
C'mon, even I could have detected that post as sarcasm.

Do I really need to put "Sarc" tags on these?

Yes, you do. Someone could misconstrue your 'sarcasm' (if it really was sarcasm) as attacking an innocent 11 year old girl. Think before you post.

Anti Federalist
01-29-2014, 10:35 PM
I go back and forth between wanting to see the State stop telegraphing its punches so hopefully people will wake up, and hoping that it somehow goes slowly enough that I can go through most, if not all, of my life before we truly live in a "hot" dictatorship like the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany.

That "hot" tyranny could happen in as little as a week.

Let one major "terror" event happen.

The tanks would roll and the camps would start filling in a matter of days.

heavenlyboy34
01-29-2014, 10:40 PM
Yes, you do. Someone could misconstrue your 'sarcasm' (if it really was sarcasm) as attacking an innocent 11 year old girl. Think before you post.

Love it when you troll FF. :D +rep

Spikender
01-30-2014, 01:11 AM
Those cupcakes could've been poisoned.

Seems fair to me.

Onto the next young business person in the making. Need to teach them all where their respect needs to go.

WM_in_MO
01-30-2014, 06:36 AM
I believe this is her twitter, send her a message to show you stand 100% behind her keeping us safe from 11-year old girls.

https://twitter.com/AmyJYeager
Her tweets are now hidden, and all follow requests are being filtered.

Origanalist
01-30-2014, 08:12 AM
Her tweets are now hidden, and all follow requests are being filtered.

It's to protect her from domestic terrorist cupcake makers.

belian78
01-30-2014, 08:17 AM

Fuck people...
AF if you ever come to the central IL area, I'll take you to the mall here and we'll sit and listen to the convo's as people walk by. I used to work there and the shit I heard made me want to jump over the railing on a daily basis. People around here consider it a badge of honor that they went and jumped through the state's hoops so they can make pennies every week after all the taxes/fees/etc... They call and report each other like it's a game, then squawk about it to their friends like they saved the day. It's insane.

Of course, I'd take ya out to the property for some fishin/huntin/beer drinkin afterwards, wash the statist off. LoL

WM_in_MO
01-30-2014, 08:20 AM
Make it a week long deal and we can have a float trip

limequat
01-30-2014, 09:42 AM

Fuck people...

My guess is that the anonymous "reader" was also a Health Department employee. As in, <leans out the cubical> "Hey Amy, check this out!"

Suzanimal
01-30-2014, 09:44 AM
I find it interesting that schools have bake sales and the health department doesn't seem to have an issue with that. BTW, those baked goods are usually homemade by parents. If this kid had been making cupcakes and donating them to to the school to sell it probably would've never been an issue.

Just another point, I recently watch an old episode of No Reservations and they were in Vietnam, Bourdain's government escort took him to his favorite restaurant. In the USA that place would've been shut down in about 5 minutes, no hairnets, rubber gloves - and no helmet laws. They also go to another restaurant where the have "squeezle", it's a pretty good episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pui7NPYN9hk

limequat
01-30-2014, 09:48 AM
I find it interesting that schools have bake sales and the health department doesn't seem to have an issue with that. BTW, those baked goods are usually homemade by parents. If this kid had been making cupcakes and donating them to to the school to sell it probably would've never been an issue.

Good point. Does anybody on RPF live near this area?
Would be fun to call the Health Department the next time the local schools do anything. It's always fun to sic government on itself.

Christian Liberty
01-30-2014, 09:55 AM
Yes, you do. Someone could misconstrue your 'sarcasm' (if it really was sarcasm) as attacking an innocent 11 year old girl. Think before you post.Wow... OK... yes, I was being sarcastic.

That "hot" tyranny could happen in as little as a week.

Let one major "terror" event happen.

The tanks would roll and the camps would start filling in a matter of days.
I hope that's not true, but you may be right. Americans certainly "lost it" after 9/11.

Love it when you troll FF. :D +rep
Lol.

Would be fun to call the Health Department the next time the local schools do anything. It's always fun to sic government on itself.

Lol.

WM_in_MO
01-30-2014, 05:45 PM

I live across the river, about an hour away.