PDA

View Full Version : Cop suspended for racist FB post/Obama, Loses 60 days pay/25 days vacation

Origanalist
01-29-2014, 11:03 AM
He should have shot someone or beat them to death instead.

PLEASANTVILLE — A village police officer who was suspended after he apparently posted a vulgar, racist post about President Barack Obama on his Facebook page last month will keep his job after he accepted a litany of disciplinary measures Monday night.

The Board of Trustees unanimously passed a resolution that allows Police Chief Richard Love to impose on Officer Peter Burns a 60-day suspension without pay or benefits; forfeiture of 25 vacation days; a psychological evaluation; a training program focused on diversity and sensitivity; and a two-year “last chance” agreement, in effect a probationary period.

“Officer Burns has provided an apology to the community at large and to Pleasantville residents, as well as to the chief and his colleagues in the police department,” Mayor Peter Scherer said.

The post, posted on Dec. 11 on a Facebook profile Burns operated under the name “Coon Trapper,” contained a racial slur, using the “N word” to describe Obama and calling him “un-American.”

“The fact that he (Obama) is still alive bewilders me,” Burns wrote in the diatribe. “Go die in a shallow grave you Muslim commie ...

cont......http://www.lohud.com/article/20140127/NEWS/301270076/Pleasantville-officer-disciplined-racist-post-will-keep-job?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CWestchester%20C ounty,%20New%20York&gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

tod evans
01-29-2014, 11:05 AM
Eating their own............Good!

Hopefully this cop will go off his rocker and take a few with him...

donnay
01-29-2014, 11:34 AM
Pleasantville...LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrEAfkY9ods

rpfocus
01-29-2014, 11:42 AM
Oh I'm sure his job was just "playing the race card" again. I'm sure he was "just joking."

Anti Federalist
01-29-2014, 11:53 AM
Farcebook.

Snew
01-29-2014, 01:28 PM
A cop, racist? No, never...

The screwed up thing is that if he took it out by assaulting some random mundane, he'd get away with it.

Occam's Banana
01-29-2014, 07:33 PM
Crimes against the Party are NOT to be tolerated.
Not even when they are perpetrated by the Party's own henchmen.
Perhaps especially when they are perpetrated by the Party's own henchmen (see: Dorner, Christopher).

Crimes against mundanes, on the other hand ...

Origanalist
01-29-2014, 07:54 PM
Crimes against the Party are NOT to be tolerated.
Not even when they are perpetrated by the Party's own henchmen.
Perhaps especially when they are perpetrated by the Party's own henchmen (see: Dorner, Christopher).

Crimes against mundanes, on the other hand ...

Those are not crimes you treasonous banana, those are acts of heroism in the name of the Homeland.

Occam's Banana
01-29-2014, 08:18 PM
Those are not crimes you treasonous banana, those are acts of heroism in the name of the Homeland.

You are correct, comrade.

I have reported myself.

See you after re-education ... (maybe ...)