PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for My Campaign Website?

skfornh
01-28-2014, 07:11 PM
If you haven’t heard, I’m considering running for office: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?442644-How-RPF-is-going-to-get-me-elected

If you haven’t donated yet, please consider doing so here: http://www.shemkellogg.com/donate/

I registered the domain for the year with GoDaddy for $3.13.

RFP user Suzu is presently hosting my site with http://www.hostmonster.com/track/suzu

As you can see, there’s not much there yet. Suzu has set me up using a Wordpress template.

I would like some suggestions for my super basic website, though I've heard that the only ones who read your NH state rep websites are your opponents. Content, colors?

I should mention that is does host BitPay donation buttons: http://www.shemkellogg.com/donate/ [see bitcoin thread for more info on this].

Thanks

Natural Citizen
01-29-2014, 09:32 PM
You should get to work on your web site immediately. Just my two cents.

Aside from that, I don't live up there and don't really see you post too much. Although I know that you're a long time member and moderator. Then that hitchhiking gag I read back in 08.

I always fing myself at odds with libertarians because I get the impression that they're just the stalking horse for the establishment parties. So, for people like me, a web site is a great way to learn about the candidate and not only how they view the issues but what exactly they feel that the issues are. I've donated with people that I've disagreed with mildy in the past though. That's an interesting position you're running for. It's bigger than I think many realize up there.

Have you ever done any talk radio? I know it sounds like a silly question but I was just wondering.

skfornh
01-30-2014, 07:16 AM
Thank I've added some preliminary content to the "about me" and "issues" piece of the website. Thoughts?

Keith and stuff
01-30-2014, 07:52 AM
Thank I've added some preliminary content to the "about me" and "issues" piece of the website. Thoughts?

About me could use mention of a puppy and a photo of said puppy. Maybe a dog and cat together? Let's think smart!

skfornh
01-30-2014, 06:03 PM
we have a couple pics being considered. one may have a pup

VoluntaryAmerican
01-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Start by making the About section your homepage. Next get a picture of yourself and throw it up there. I know it is still early, but those are two major things that should be done asap.

edit: didn't read other posts, so repetitive.

Barrex
01-31-2014, 02:53 AM
"Issues" is little dry. What are problems in your election unit? What are people complaining about mostly?

skfornh
02-01-2014, 04:35 PM
"Issues" is little dry. What are problems in your election unit? What are people complaining about mostly?

Working on a blurb for that

Thanks

Barrex
03-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Was your page black before?

skfornh
03-11-2014, 08:55 PM
it has always been black and green, why do you ask? might be changing to black and gold soon to match new banner

milgram
03-11-2014, 10:40 PM
I'd say change most of the font to something more "official" looking ... perhaps something like Garamond?

Also the NH state seal is cut off at the top when I view the page.

Best of luck!

thoughtomator
03-11-2014, 10:55 PM
It's pretty obvious it's an out of the box "TwentyFourteen" template. PM me and I can help you with your site, I am expert on Wordpress.

Suzu
03-12-2014, 01:25 AM
It's pretty obvious it's an out of the box "TwentyFourteen" template. PM me and I can help you with your site, I am expert on Wordpress.
Shem has only just asked for some custom colors and so on -- and I will be making the changes as soon as I get the time. Up to about seven hours ago all he had asked for was that "out of the box" version. When it first went live he said he was very impressed -- to which I replied that I had expected disappointment. But I work at the direction of the site owner.

skfornh
03-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Suzu if in your expert opinion the fonts and template could be better and it won't take a long time to change I say go for it. I'm not picky and it's certainly not my area of expertise.

Thougtmator did you have anything specific in mind?

Suzu
03-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Suzu if in your expert opinion the fonts and template could be better and it won't take a long time to change I say go for it. I'm not picky and it's certainly not my area of expertise.

The color changes will come when you send me the proper size header image. That will drastically change the appearance of the whole site. As to the fonts, the choice is often up to the individual computer viewing the pages.

Suzu
03-12-2014, 05:26 PM
duplicated post - not my fault

Barrex
03-12-2014, 06:21 PM
it has always been black and green, why do you ask? might be changing to black and gold soon to match new banner
Most campaign use blue or red because sends a message of serious/passionate... Black in my culture means death, fear etc.

duplicated post - not my fault

I will still blame you.