PDA

View Full Version : Newspeak: "Health Care" is now "Health Security"

tangent4ronpaul
01-28-2014, 06:54 PM
REPEAT: Newspeak: "Health Care" is now "Health Security"

Please update current usage and retroactively correct previous stories.

Thank you,

The Ministry of Truth

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-28-2014, 07:02 PM
Safety first!

Cleaner44
01-28-2014, 07:05 PM
Going bareback is a violation of Health Security...

I can't really continue on with this.

rev1689
01-28-2014, 07:07 PM
Ohhh, okay. This totally makes sense of something that happened to me the last time I went to visit my physician.

The nurse asked me if I "felt safe in my own home." Well of course I do! That's where I keep all my guns and ammo.

The odd thing was, they had me pee in a cup after that, but I've been feeling fine. ;)

otherone
01-28-2014, 07:18 PM
REPEAT: Newspeak: "Health Care" is now "Health Security"

Please update current usage and retroactively correct previous stories.

The ACA is now being enforced by the Department of Homeland Security.
They're at your door now. They are asking for your insurance identification card.

dannno
01-28-2014, 07:20 PM
Well I'm not feelin more secure.

Cleaner44
01-28-2014, 07:22 PM
I highly recommend rejecting the typical medical path and just pay with cash for the best services you find on the open market. Screw all of the forms that ask for your SSN and all of that bullshit. Urgent Care facilities are great in my area. Minimal interference, just pay for services and leave. KISS.

rev1689
01-28-2014, 11:15 PM
I highly recommend rejecting the typical medical path and just pay with cash for the best services you find on the open market. Screw all of the forms that ask for your SSN and all of that bullshit. Urgent Care facilities are great in my area. Minimal interference, just pay for services and leave. KISS.

I agree with you. However this becomes somewhat problematic if you have any medical issues which require ongoing continuity of care. Urgent care facilities aren't going to manage your hypertension or chronic pain. And if the free market hasn't spawned a cash-only primary care practice in your area, you are stuck.

This is one more reason for folks to strive, as much as it depends on them, to cultivate genuine health and not just be satisfied with symptom management.