PDA

View Full Version : Erick Erickson & Rand Paul

jj-
01-27-2014, 04:56 PM
Erick Erickson writes (http://www.redstate.com/2014/01/27/why-bother/)...

I am not sure if I will watch the State of the Union address.

Why bother?

At least Mike Lee is going to give a conservative response. From that we might actually learn something. Everything else will just be stagecrap and showmanship by a merry band of profiteers.

Oh well, Erickson now considers Rand Paul a "profiteer".

erowe1
01-27-2014, 04:59 PM
Oh well, Erickson now considers Rand Paul a "profiteer".

That quote is more of an argument from silence. But it may be a deliberate move in the direction of turning on Rand. He's probably going to have to do that at some point, and he may be trying to smooth the path to doing it now. He pushes the politicians and positions that the owners of Red State tell him to.

Christian Liberty
01-27-2014, 05:00 PM
Mike Lee sucks. If that's "conservative" I want nothing to do with it.

jj-
01-27-2014, 05:03 PM
Mike Lee sucks. If that's "conservative" I want nothing to do with it.

Don't derail this thread. The part about Mike Lee is incidental. This thread is about Erickson and Rand Paul.

jj-
01-27-2014, 05:05 PM
He pushes the politicians and positions that the owners of Red State tell him to.

You think he is like a puppet?

erowe1
01-27-2014, 05:07 PM

I would use the word "employee." But yes. I've heard that he's admitted that. But I don't know that for a fact.

TaftFan
01-27-2014, 05:09 PM
I think he was referring to the two parties. He may not even know Rand is doing a response.

Anti-Neocon
01-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Pretty sure he's referring to Obama and the GOP response, although the blanket statement could be taken to mean Rand as well. But in the scheme of things, Rand's response isn't nearly as high profile as even the Tea Party Express-sanctioned one. At worst he's probably just ignoring Rand. I don't think he's trying to call him a profiteer.

ObiRandKenobi
01-27-2014, 05:14 PM
hes been very complimentary of rand and cruz and lee.

i know everybody besides rand is evil but anyway i don't think he's shitting on rand

erowe1
01-27-2014, 05:14 PM

Here you go. I'm not sure if there's more than this, but this here says enough as far as I'm concerned.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0811/Publishers_social_ties_pushed_RedState_toward_Alle n.html?showall

A leading conservative blogger and commentator, Erick Erickson, said he shifted his stance in a key Senate race because the company that publishes his RedState.com is “socially connected” to former Virginia Sen. George Allen.

Erickson told Allen’s challenger, Jamie Radtke, that he had to moderate his support for her because “my bosses are huge Allen friends,” according to an email he sent earlier this month, which her campaign manager forwarded to POLITICO.

It does highlight the irony of Erickson's reference to showmanship by profiteers.

Brian4Liberty
01-27-2014, 05:24 PM
What the hell?

Is every non-mention of Rand by anyone in the media going to result in a negatively spun headline on this forum about Rand?

Rudeman
01-27-2014, 05:52 PM
Yea I think it was referring to the official GOP response and Obama's SOTU. Unless there's more info to suggest he was also including Rand.

satchelmcqueen
01-27-2014, 07:32 PM
erickson is a fake plain and simple. has been for ever since ive knew of him.

TaftFan
01-27-2014, 07:44 PM
Btw...Aaron Gardner is going to be splitting editorial duties with Erickson now. This good be a good thing or bad thing.

radiofriendly
01-28-2014, 08:13 AM
Song...

If you don't love Rand you ain't no friend of mine
If you don't love Rand you ain't no friend of mine
If you're not on Rand Paul Forums
then you're into Rick Santorum
And you don't love Rand so you ain't no friend of mine!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2032234/epic-bb-king-o.gif
repeat and improvise...

supermario21
01-28-2014, 11:11 AM
Erick Erickson is a dumbass. I hope he attacks Rand.

Varin
01-28-2014, 11:42 AM
He might be a dumbass but this has nothing to do with Rand only Obama and the official GOP response.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-28-2014, 10:17 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0811/Publishers_social_ties_pushed_RedState_toward_Alle n.html?showall

A leading conservative blogger and commentator, Erick Erickson, said he shifted his stance in a key Senate race because the company that publishes his RedState.com is “socially connected” to former Virginia Sen. George Allen.

Erickson told Allen’s challenger, Jamie Radtke, that he had to moderate his support for her because “my bosses are huge Allen friends,” according to an email he sent earlier this month, which her campaign manager forwarded to POLITICO.

It does highlight the irony of Erickson's reference to showmanship by profiteers.

It's hilarious because it's true.

BucksforPaul
01-28-2014, 11:15 PM

I would use the word "employee." But yes. I've heard that he's admitted that. But I don't know that for a fact.

I would use the word whore or prostitute to describe him, but that's just me. However, whores and prostitutes might be offended.

fr33
01-28-2014, 11:23 PM
Erickson has always been anti-Paul.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-29-2014, 12:50 AM
Erickson has always been anti-Paul.

https://twitter.com/ewerickson/status/6673408098

jj-
01-29-2014, 10:21 AM
Did sailingaway come back to change my thread title?

Christian Liberty
01-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I'm guessing Erick was bashing Obama and the mainline GOPers. I'm guessing he didn't even know anything about Rand giving a response.