PDA

View Full Version : The Long, Phony War on Women

Brett85
01-27-2014, 04:08 PM
http://www.unitedliberty.org/articles/16364-the-long-phony-war-on-women

If you haven’t heard, there’s a “war on women” going on. It’s being waged by politicians who want control over women. It’s being waged by power-seeking, petty tyrants who believe women are weak and need their help to live their lives.

But if you think it’s being waged by those evil conservative GOP politicians, whose mission is to keep women in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant, married before they turn 21, and popping out a quiver full of babies, your myopic vision is a problem.

The Democrats have created an entire industry from victimhood, and they have been successfully using it to win elections.

Their latest battle is the so-called “war on women,” that they have been touting ever since conservatives raised their voices in protest about having to fund Sandra Fluke’s sexual choices.

Apparently, forcing abortion clinics to conform to cleanliness and professionalism standards to the Democrats is somehow equivalent to losing a limb to a VBIED – that’s a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device, in case you were wondering. So is outlawing third trimester abortions, which are by all reports gruesome procedures that sometimes involve yanking a living, breathing baby out of a woman and finishing the job with a pair of scissors or another sharp implement. And refusing to pay higher insurance premiums to fund condoms or birth control pills for those unwilling to pay that whole $10 for them out of pocket? Yep, that’s equivalent to being deployed to the world’s war zones, being under enemy fire and being away from your loved ones.

This is what the Democrats have been feeding low information voters in order to win elections.

I lost a friend two years ago in Afghanistan. He was murdered by extremists after some U.S. Army Soldiers burned some Qurans, properly disposing of them after they were defaced by prisoners who used them as means to send messages to one another.

Another friend of mine – a military chaplain – came back from Afghanistan after seeing bits of his fellow Soldiers strewn on the streets after a suicide attack. He spent more than a year counseling members of the military who lost their friends in attacks downrange. He came back depressed, frightened, wanting to hide in a bottle.

A Soldier I know came home after 18 months in a war zone to see her home a wreck, her bank account nearly empty and the kids nearly failing out of school. She was gone for more than a year, lonely, tired and missing her family.

Scores of members of the military, who volunteered to protect and serve their nation, are coming back from faraway war zones maimed, both emotionally and physically.

That is war.

War is carnage. War is agony. War is fear and courage. War is sacrifice. War is duty. War is violence.

Let me tell you what war is not.

War is not a church refusing to pay for someone’s abortion or a bunch of Catholic nuns refusing to pay for your contraception.

War is not mandating abortion clinics to maintain hospital standards, since they’re performing medical procedures.

War is not ensuring that parents are notified if their pregnant 14 year old is having a serious medical procedure to terminate said pregnancy.

War is not those evil TEA Party conservatives refusing pay higher taxes and higher insurance premiums to fund birth control pills for those who are unwilling to spend the $10 to purchase them on their own.

Why have we allowed the Democrats to define the refusal to fund entitlements as a war?

Why have we allowed those who don’t earn to lay claim to our earnings, and then assert their victimhood if we refuse?

And why have we allowed the politicians, who think that women are too weak, too stupid and too uninformed to take care of themselves, as well as make their own birth control choices and pay for them, to insult the memories of those who fought, bled and died in foreign wars?

War is hell.

And the refusal to fund your extracurricular activities is not war.

Paulbot99
01-27-2014, 04:27 PM
+Rep

There's money and votes in selling victimhood.

Cutlerzzz
01-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Military worship weakens what could have been a great article.

Brett85
01-27-2014, 04:38 PM

I thought that some of the responses would mention that. I would just point out that there are some libertarians who are anti war who aren't necessarily anti military.

Philhelm
01-27-2014, 04:49 PM

This is true, but sometimes it is effective to speak the language of your target audience.

Christian Liberty
01-27-2014, 04:56 PM

I thought that some of the responses would mention that. I would just point out that there are some libertarians who are anti war who aren't necessarily anti military.

I was gonna say the same thing he did. What does "anti-military" mean exactly? I'm opposed to the people that commit murder in their nation's name as well as those who actually vote to engage in those murders. That your wicked actions are "legal" isn't an excuse.

This is true, but sometimes it is effective to speak the language of your target audience.

That's a valid point, but still.

rpfocus
01-27-2014, 04:56 PM
I wonder if the same person raised complaints about the Fox News coverage of the "War on Christmas"? Both sides have used the metaphor "War on" for years. I've always thought it was an insult to soldiers.

Christian Liberty
01-27-2014, 04:59 PM
I wonder if the same person raised complaints about the Fox News coverage of the "War on Christmas"? Both sides have used the metaphor "War on" for years. I've always thought it was an insult to soldiers.

Blah, who cares? Its not like they are actually doing anything honorable. I really don't feel bad for them, frankly. Why should I?

Don't want to get killed in a foreign country, don't go kill other people in a foreign country. Do unto others and all that...

Brett85
01-27-2014, 05:10 PM

True, I agree. I think "the war on Christmas" is just as stupid as "the war on women." There are people who don't like Christmas and would like for it to disappear from American society, (Even some Christians are opposed to it since they believe it was based on a pagan holiday) but it's still stupid to call it a "war."

Brett85
01-27-2014, 05:15 PM
I was gonna say the same thing he did. What does "anti-military" mean exactly? I'm opposed to the people that commit murder in their nation's name as well as those who actually vote to engage in those murders. That your wicked actions are "legal" isn't an excuse.

Like Ron Paul has always said, I would say that we should support our troops by bringing our troops home.