PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's Christmas Vacation in Iowa

Thomas_Paine
11-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Anybody else crazy excited about this?

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Friends,

The school semester ends for most of us in a couple weeks, and the Ron Paul 2008 campaign is offering a historic opportunity just for students. We are hosting 150 students Dec. 14-23 and Dec. 27 - Jan. 4 in Iowa, and I'd like to invite you to be a part of it.

If you can get to Iowa, the campaign will provide you with the rest (food, lodging, gas money, etc). Come to Iowa, work for Ron Paul, and stay for free. Does it get any better than that?

Please RSVP here:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=FWUX7VmtoHmqnB9jnS4B4g_3d_3d

Week 1
Arrival date is Friday, Dec. 14
Departure date is Sunday, Dec. 23

Week 2
Arrival date is Thursday, Dec. 27
Departure date is Friday, Jan. 4

If you arrive later or depart sooner, it is acceptable but not encouraged. If your arrival or departure is not during these dates you are on your own for housing and food. If you prefer to stay in Iowa during Christmas, we may be able to make housing accommodations for a few students (no promises).

We are hosting 6 different camps across Iowa. The logistics of each week are relatively the same. Each camp will consist of teams between 16-36 students staying in heated cabins. We will do our best to keep you with your friends/classmates and in a camp closest to your home state. During the week, we will flood the streets, go door to door, and talk to Iowans about why we are supporting Ron Paul and why they should too.

Historically, turn out in the Republican Iowa caucus is very low. 25,000 votes for Ron Paul will guarantee us a top 3 finish. Having you in Iowa the two weeks leading up to the caucus will be the difference. We will shock the political and media establishment!

What to bring:
Think in the context of staying in a heated cabin (boy scout/church camp), in Iowa in January (cold/snow), and during the day you'll be walking door to door.

Week 1 = 10 days, week 2= 9 days
- Student ID to verify you are a student
- Warm/Nice Clothes (gloves, scarf, hat, etc. and you will be representing Ron Paul to Iowans, don't be a slob)
- Comfortable shoes (lots of walking, possibly in the snow)
- Pillow, sheets, warm blanket (all you get is a mattress, but cabins are heated)
- Towel
- Bathroom supplies (tooth brush, deodorant, soap, shampoo, etc.)
- Medication
- Umbrella/Raincoat
- Laptop, Portable DVD player, Ipod, cards
- Your best answer to why you are supporting Ron Paul and why Iowans should too!

What NOT to bring:
- All the obvious things
- Alcohol/Drugs
- Guns, knives, fireworks
- Large banners, signs

Questions? Email Jeff Frazee, jeff.frazee@ronpaul2008.com

We have a chance to shock the political and media establishment, and we could be the difference. See you in Iowa!

Sincerely,
Jeff Frazee
National Youth Coordinator - Ron Paul 2008

Leslie Webb
11-29-2007, 10:24 PM
How about "Snow Shovelers for Ron Paul"? As part of the door to door campaign, some canvassers could shovel snow off the driveways of elderly homeowners. It would be a nice thing to do for them and would get them to consider voting for Ron Paul, and it might get us some local TV coverage as well.

dante
11-29-2007, 10:28 PM
How about "Snow Shovelers for Ron Paul"? As part of the door to door campaign, some canvassers could shovel snow off the driveways of elderly homeowners. It would be a nice thing to do for them and would get them to consider voting for Ron Paul, and it might get us some local TV coverage as well.

GREAT IDEA!

And yes I am PUMPED for this. I am confirmed for the Dec 27th - Jan 4th!

transistor
11-29-2007, 10:38 PM
that's awesome. i'm sure they could get a lot more than 150 if they wanted

i'd be up for it if i were still in college

dante
11-29-2007, 10:40 PM
they are doing 150 for each trip to IA (one before and one after christmas) and they are also doing this in NH, SC, and NV. So by the end there will be a lot more than 150 students as most will only be able to make it for one trip.

wgadget
11-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Wow. Can I do it for SC even if I'm not a student?

saahmed
11-29-2007, 10:44 PM
I live in Iowa but I will likely have to work a lot of those days. But I'm going to get a hold of them and just help out when I can.

fade
11-29-2007, 10:44 PM
yea i'm so pumped about this. I'll be in iowa from the 27th to the 4th! haven't gotten my confirmation or where i'll be at yet, but its gonna be incredible.

Chance of a lifetime, this type of thing doesn't come around more than once.

0zzy
11-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Gotta be a student.

GOOD THING I AM ONE!

*calls aunt to get some free tickets*

Patronus
11-29-2007, 10:54 PM
My brother and I are signed up for the second session. Hope us Texans don't freeze to death.