PDA

View Full Version : 1/27 Rasmussen Poll: Brannon 43%, Hagan 39%

pulp8721
01-27-2014, 01:10 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2014/north_carolina/election_2014_north_carolina_senate

Brian4Liberty
01-27-2014, 04:17 PM

eduardo89
01-27-2014, 04:37 PM
I've seen the Tillis part of that poll on several conservative websites, no mention of Brannon, though.

Christian Liberty
01-27-2014, 04:43 PM
Is Greg really winning? I find that exciting.

For what its worth, I called my grandfather who lives in NC and suggested he vote for Brannon. He said he would do so. So, that's one;)

Brian4Liberty
01-27-2014, 04:49 PM

Brian4Liberty
01-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Is Greg really winning? I find that exciting.

For what its worth, I called my grandfather who lives in NC and suggested he vote for Brannon. He said he would do so. So, that's one;)

Good work. Tell him to spread the word!

Brian4Liberty
01-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Sixty-two percent (62%) of all voters in North Carolina favor a smaller government with fewer services and lower taxes to a more active one with more services and higher taxes.

Anti-Neocon
01-27-2014, 05:46 PM
Tillis is performing better by a 3 point margin. I don't know if this is something that we want to spread. Rasmussen has always seemed to have a GOP-friendly agenda, so it is likely that their poll isn't even altogether accurate.

asurfaholic
01-27-2014, 06:04 PM
Tillis is performing better by a 3 point margin. I don't know if this is something that we want to spread. Rasmussen has always seemed to have a GOP-friendly agenda, so it is likely that their poll isn't even altogether accurate.

It's worth spreading because any critics can no longer say that Greg couldn't win.

aclove
01-27-2014, 06:33 PM
Democrats aren't saying Brannon can't win, they're fear-mongering their base with the terrible spectre that he actually MIGHT win. Tillis supporters are also not saying that Brannon can't win, they're claiming that Tillis' legislative record makes him better-qualified for the job.

Anti-Neocon
01-27-2014, 06:52 PM
Ultimately, a lot of Tillis primary voters will vote for Tillis because they think he has the best chance of kicking Hagan out. We shouldn't contribute to that mentality.

asurfaholic
01-27-2014, 07:09 PM
Well I'm no expert, but doesn't this poll just prove that it doesn't "matter" which republican gets the nod, because either would win?

Shouldn't the message be crafted in a way that says "Hey! You can either vote for big government republican or small government republican without worry, because either way Hagan is on her way out!"

Like I said, no expert here. This will be the first campaign i will really work for.

Brian4Liberty
01-27-2014, 07:14 PM

That why I only used the link in one of my tweets. The full article pushes Tillis too much. Par for the course with the establishment media. The majority of people probably never go to the link, they just see the important part where Brannon defeats Hagan.

In the details of the Poll, there is even better news though:

Eleven percent (11%) have a Very Favorable view of Tillis, while another 11% regard him Very Unfavorably. He’s an unknown to 22% of the state’s voters. For Brannon, Very Favorables are six percent (6%) and Very Unfavorables eight percent (8%). But 42% have never heard of him.

At this point in an election cycle, Rasmussen Reports considers the number of people with a strong opinion more significant than the total favorable/unfavorable numbers.

That means that Tillis has more very unfavorables, which are voters he will never get. Brannon has far less name recognition, which means far more potential voters can become favorable.

Brian4Liberty
01-27-2014, 07:18 PM
Well I'm no expert, but doesn't this poll just prove that it doesn't "matter" which republican gets the nod, because either would win?

Shouldn't the message be crafted in a way that says "Hey! You can either vote for big government republican or small government republican without worry, because either way Hagan is on her way out!"

Like I said, no expert here. This will be the first campaign i will really work for.

Absolutely. And this part from the details of the poll (which were the basis for several of my tweets), shows that small government and lower taxes are key to this race. Those issues could gain a candidate 62% of all voters, GOP and Democrat. We know that Tillis is a big government, establishment RINO. All it takes is getting out the word! Tillis is a tax and spend candidate. Brannon is the true small government candidate.

Sixty-two percent (62%) of all voters in North Carolina favor a smaller government with fewer services and lower taxes to a more active one with more services and higher taxes.

Brian4Liberty
01-27-2014, 08:06 PM

Warlord
01-27-2014, 10:56 PM
Why aren't the outside groups helping Brannon? so frustrating. I hate them

Bastiat's The Law
01-28-2014, 01:24 PM
Why aren't the outside groups helping Brannon? so frustrating. I hate them

He's been opening a lot of campaign venues all over NC so once his grassroots army takes shape I think they will begin to jump on board.

aclove
01-28-2014, 01:38 PM
One of his volunteer organizers let slip that there's a big announcement coming next week; her word for it was, "Amazing" but campaign staff have sworn her to secrecy regarding the nature of it. I can only assume it's some big endorsement, either from a national figure or a national outside group. Hang in there!

sluggo
01-28-2014, 01:47 PM
Tillis ads are running around the clock here. Makes it look like he's the only Republican running.

sluggo
01-28-2014, 01:48 PM
One of his volunteer organizers let slip that there's a big announcement coming next week; her word for it was, "Amazing" but campaign staff have sworn her to secrecy regarding the nature of it. I can only assume it's some big endorsement, either from a national figure or a national outside group. Hang in there!

Good to hear. :cool: