PDA

View Full Version : Snowden Interview in ENGLISH 1/26/14

Valli6
01-27-2014, 12:54 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f93_1390833151

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6jYA-ggorU

"German Television does first Edward Snowden Interview (English)
German Television Channel NDR does an exclusive interview with Edward Snowden. Uploaded on LiveLeak cause German Television thinks the rest of the world isn't intereseted in Edward Snowden."

torchbearer
01-27-2014, 02:12 PM
+1

ZENemy
01-27-2014, 02:21 PM
Nice.

"If I am a traitor, who did I betray
I gave all of my information to the American Public
To American Jurnalists who were reporting on American issues

If they see that as treason
I think people really need to consider
Who do they think they are working for

The public is suppose to be their boss, not their enemy"
-Edward Snowden

torchbearer
01-27-2014, 02:49 PM
Nice.

Indeed. its a great interview. i hope people on the forums take time to see it.
front page worthy.

Thor
01-27-2014, 03:04 PM
Thanks!

Schifference
01-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Thank!! +1

Occam's Banana
01-27-2014, 03:56 PM
If I am a traitor, who did I betray? I gave all of my information to the American public, to American journalists, who were reporting on American issues. If they see that as treason, I think people really need to consider, "Who do they think they are working for?" The public is supposed to be their boss, not their enemy. -- Edward Snowden

My understanding is that espionage means giving secret or classified information to the enemy. Since Snowden shared information with the American people, his indictment for espionage could reveal (or confirm) that the US Government views you and me as the enemy. -- Ron Paul

2young2vote
01-27-2014, 04:46 PM
It pisses me off to no end when people criticize him for going to Russia. Where the heck else was he supposed to go? A close ally of the USA? Russia is one of the few places that would stand up to pressure from the USA to release him. He didn't go there because he likes it better than the USA, he went there because, given his circumstances, it is one of the few places that would keep him alive and SOMEWHAT free to live.

Thor
01-27-2014, 04:54 PM
It pisses me off to no end when people criticize him for going to Russia. Where the heck else was he supposed to go? A close ally of the USA? Russia is one of the few places that would stand up to pressure from the USA to release him. He didn't go there because he likes it better than the USA, he went there because, given his circumstances, it is one of the few places that would keep him alive and SOMEWHAT free to live.

Agreed!

Occam's Banana
01-27-2014, 05:26 PM

It's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type of thing.

If you go to a place where you won't be condemned for going, you'll fall right into the hands of your enemies.
And if you go to a place where you will be condemned for going, then you'll be condemned for going there ...

purplechoe
01-27-2014, 05:51 PM
The more I see of Edward, the more impressed I become with him. He's clearly highly intelligent and I'm glad to have someone like him on our side because it seems to be a rare thing. Most intelligent people seem to be happy just leaching from the rest of us...

PierzStyx
01-27-2014, 06:49 PM
What a very articulate and intelligent man.