PDA

View Full Version : Is Being Self-Sufficient a Threat to Society?

donnay
01-27-2014, 11:21 AM
Is Being Self-Sufficient a Threat to Society?

The Daily Sheeple
www.TheDailySheeple.com
January 27th, 2014

For decades, Eustace Conway has lived an independent, sustainable life, building shelter for himself on his land, growing his own food, setting up outhouse facilities, composting, and allowing others to learn these methods first-hand so that we may once again have a populous versed in the healthy manner of primitive survival skills. After a preliminary visit from the local Planning & Inspections department, several independent local government agencies together performed a raid on Mr. Conway’s property, and now the Watauga County Health Department has ordered a cease & desist on Mr. Conway’s educational activities, and the Planning & Inspections Department has cited many “violations” on the property, as well as ordered that Eustace Conway bring his structures up to code, or demolish the structures on his own property. Some of the code citations include using unmarked lumber for his constructions (structures are made from cut-down trees without grading system indicators), and requirements for permits, plumbing, and wiring for any structure. Some of the structures cited requiring permits, wiring, and/or plumbing installation include a “roofed-over platform,” a doghouse (shown in video), and a tree house (shown in video). Clearly, that which is law in today’s society radically contradicts Mr. Conway’s entire way of living. The situation illustrates the fact that a central-planning society is incompatible with individual freedom, personal choice, self-sufficiency, and individuality, concepts upon which this country was founded.

Watch Video here (http://www.thedailysheeple.com/is-being-self-sufficient-a-threat-to-society_012014).

oyarde
01-27-2014, 11:25 AM
I do not consider myself a threat , so long as my tranquility remains undisturbed :)

brushfire
01-27-2014, 11:27 AM
I consider them to be the most domesticated of terrorists.

Bring on the pots and pans...

Suzanimal
01-27-2014, 11:29 AM
I consider them to be the most domesticated of terrorists.

Bring on the pots and pans...

Domesticated terrorists, lol.

Cap
01-27-2014, 11:30 AM
Is this taking place in N.C.?

01-27-2014, 11:31 AM
He shouldn't have done the TV show and brought all that attention on himself. In times like now it's better to keep your head down and not attract attention. Sad, but safer for yourself.

DamianTV
01-27-2014, 04:33 PM
Self Sufficiency is only considered a threat because it breaks Obedience to the Oppressors.

donnay
01-27-2014, 04:38 PM
All part of the Agent 21 conditioning.

Matt Collins
01-27-2014, 05:20 PM
No, but very few people will want to be isolated or "self-sufficient" (depending on how you define it).

Wealth is only created through commerce, which means that people will want to trade and do business with others. And because people have needs and wants, due to division of labor, one cannot make everything they need. Modern humans who want to live a modern lifestyle are forced to rely on others to acquire what they need and want. Economics 101.

ClydeCoulter
01-27-2014, 05:47 PM
No, but very few people will want to be isolated or "self-sufficient" (depending on how you define it).

Wealth is only created through commerce, which means that people will want to trade and do business with others. And because people have needs and wants, due to division of labor, one cannot make everything they need. Modern humans who want to live a modern lifestyle are forced to rely on others to acquire what they need and want. Economics 101.

Matt, Matt, Matt.

Self sufficient equates with isolated no more than non-interventionist equates with isolationism, meaning not at all.

Do you know much about the guy? He does trade and perform services for people. add: But, in the event of a major breakdown of society/economy he could survive, and has helped others to prepare for the same.

phill4paul
01-27-2014, 05:57 PM
This story is dated donnay. Eustace won this battle. Enough Cackalackians raised a big enough stink to get the laws changed. Eustace did lose out on a year of courses while it was shut down and is desperately playing catch-up.

I started a thread when this began so here is a timeline and relevant articles..........http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?397157-Folks-if-you-ever-wanted-to-fight-against-government-tyranny-then-this-is-a-start

Travlyr
01-27-2014, 06:01 PM
All part of the Agent 21 conditioning.

Exactly.

Carson
01-27-2014, 06:04 PM
I think they would consider it a threat.

About six months ago someone posted something about the way they grab control of a population by controlling the water when they hand it out in a disaster.

It had some sort of strings attached...and maybe fencing.

It is also just one of the things that made this country what it once was. Lots of strong independent families make for a strong nation.

angelatc
01-27-2014, 06:05 PM
This story is dated donnay. Eustace won this battle. Enough Cackalackians raised a big enough stink to get the laws changed. Eustace did lose out on a year of courses while it was shut down and is desperately playing catch-up.

I started a thread when this began so here is a timeline and relevant articles..........http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?397157-Folks-if-you-ever-wanted-to-fight-against-government-tyranny-then-this-is-a-start

Yay! Thanks for the update.

donnay
01-27-2014, 06:29 PM

My apologies Phill. I just came across this information today and didn't make the connection until you brought it up again.

Anti Federalist
01-27-2014, 06:30 PM

Wow, thanks professor, I never would have thought of that. :rolleyes:

Still shot of Matt doing the Truffle Shuffle on youtube, before he freaked out and had it pulled. I wouldn't post pics on the net against a person's will to my worst enemy

Anti Federalist
01-27-2014, 06:32 PM
Silence you!

How dare you interrupt Der Skoolmiester while he's demonstrating what idiots we all are.

Matt, Matt, Matt.

Self sufficient equates with isolated no more than non-interventionist equates with isolationism, meaning not at all.

Do you know much about the guy? He does trade and perform services for people. add: But, in the event of a major breakdown of society/economy he could survive, and has helped others to prepare for the same.

WM_in_MO
01-27-2014, 06:43 PM
Awesome to see that he got to keep his own property.

I think I would have given them a non-verbal answer.

phill4paul
01-27-2014, 06:43 PM
My apologies Phill. I just came across this information today and didn't make the connection until you brought it up again.

No apologies needed or accepted. Eustace won the legal battles. He's not out of the water. And it seems some forum members didn't catch my thread. Threads are like that. Relevant when they are up during log-in hours.

As I have said Eustace is not out of the water on this. They shut him down for a year when he was struggling to make property tax payments. The agenda was for him to be shut down so his property could be acquired for development by a council woman, realtor and neighbor of Eustace. . It may prove that the agenda may win despite a political victory.

donnay
01-27-2014, 06:57 PM
No apologies needed or accepted. Eustace won the legal battles. He's not out of the water. And it seems some forum members didn't catch my thread. Threads are like that. Relevant when they are up during log-in hours.

As I have said Eustace is not out of the water on this. They shut him down for a year when he was struggling to make property tax payments. The agenda was for him to be shut down so his property could be acquired for development by a council woman, realtor and neighbor of Eustace. . It may prove that the agenda may win despite a political victory.

Can we donate in any way to help him?

phill4paul
01-27-2014, 07:05 PM
Can we donate in any way to help him?

Turtle Island Preserve is a 501c3 nonprofit - Donations are Tax-Deductible
There are many ways you can contribute to Turtle Island. Becoming a camper sponsor is one of them. These funds go into a scholarship account and can be issued to a camper of your choice or one that we select based on need. We would be glad to show you the profiles on perspective campers in need so you can choose where your contribution goes. We get requests year-round to sponsor students for field trips, summer camps and over night excursions. Your contribution to the scholarship fund allows us to reach ever farther. Use our secure Turtle Island Preserve Summer Camp Scholarship "Please Donate" button below, send check or money order through snail mail, or simply call for more details.

http://www.turtleislandpreserve.com/donations

donnay
01-27-2014, 07:58 PM
http://www.turtleislandpreserve.com/donations

Thank you, Phill.

AuH20
01-27-2014, 08:01 PM
Even Matt Drudge has an exit plan:

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/matt-drudge-issues-warning-have-an-exit-plan_01272014

phill4paul
01-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Thank you, Phill.

Welcome. Hey, sponsoring a kid makes a great donation as it serves multiple purposes. I've actually been thinking about throwing in a hand as an intern. Right now there is a puppy around the house that me and the missus share time taking care of depending on our schedules. Once he is trained up and can spend time alone then perhaps I can spend some time up there. I'd consider it a working vacation.