PDA

View Full Version : One of history's greatest presidents

MusoSpuso
11-29-2007, 09:51 PM
I was just thinking. When Ron Paul becomes the president of the United States and then retires after 2 successful terms...he will easily be known as one of the greatest presidents ever. Think Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt (teddy), Kennedy, Paul :D

Your list could certainly vary but I think you get the idea.

Best POTUS ever! :p

Lexx78
11-29-2007, 10:00 PM
since Paul is a very rare politician I certainly agree :)

louisiana4liberty
11-29-2007, 10:10 PM
I need Ron Paul for my children's future. For me, there is no other choice but Ron Paul. :) He is a modern day founding father imo.

jufreese
11-29-2007, 10:12 PM
reagen was great but helped the effort of nation building

ThePieSwindler
11-29-2007, 10:14 PM
Great presidents:

Calvin Coolidge, Grover Cleveland, Thomas Jefferson (sort of), James madison (kindof), Washington. Thaats about it, really. At least, if you define greatest as being a limited government constitutionalist.

noxagol
With the current trend of histrorians, Ron Paul will probably be the worse president ever according to them. All historians are collectivist assholes now adays with few exceptions. FDR, Lincoln, and Teddy are almost always the top 3, and they are the 3 that have done the most to destroy America.

MS0453
lol I'd also ask you to re-consider t.r. I cringed when I saw his name up there

MS0453
11-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Great presidents:

Calvin Coolidge, Grover Cleveland, Thomas Jefferson (sort of), James madison (kindof), Washington. Thaats about it, really. At least, if you define greatest as being a limited government constitutionalist.

Martin Van Buren. Seriously. ;)

MikeStanart
11-29-2007, 10:16 PM
One man can't do everything though.

I'm sure history will remember him much better if we have the rest of our Legistlature opening up to Rp's ideas.

ThePieSwindler
11-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Martin Van Buren. Seriously. ;)

Van Buren was not as bad as your history textbooks would tell you. Seriously - why do you think Ron Paul would be a great president, then look at the presidents i just mentioned. Coolidge was seen as not having done much because, well, limited government was the status quo at the time. with Paul, it woudld be a massive shift so he'd be seen as having "done" more. "Best" is so subjective, and is usually measured by their "Greatness" i.e. how they were seen as an "effective and powerful leader" during"times of crisis". The war is what really saved roosevelts image and allowed the revisionist history about the new deal to flourish.

MusoSpuso
11-29-2007, 10:20 PM
With the current trend of histrorians, Ron Paul will probably be the worse president ever according to them. All historians are collectivist assholes now adays with few exceptions. FDR, Lincoln, and Teddy are almost always the top 3, and they are the 3 that have done the most to destroy America.

I disagree. With the freedom movement exploding like it is, there's no way Ron Paul would will be demonized after he retires from the presidency. He has the support of the people. I predict he will have the highest approval rating ever actually. IMO :p