PDA

View Full Version : "Are cell-phone users screwing up Ron Paul's numbers?" -- article in Slate

LizF
06-26-2007, 06:02 AM
http://www.slate.com/id/2169026/nav/tap3/

JaylieWoW
06-26-2007, 06:08 AM
WTF??!!

The biggest difference between the groups: A paltry 49 percent of the cell-only cohort said they're registered to vote, while 78 percent of land-line users claimed to be registered. Thus, mobile voters might be underrepresented in surveys, but they also don't turn out on Election Day.

HA HA HA!!!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that perhaps these individuals never had anyone to vote for, thus they stay home. I know I'm one of those. I could have cared less until now. Ron Paul changed that for me! And, I'll go even further out on that limb and say that Ron Paul will be cashing in on a considerable amount of the "never voted" crowd. Anyone who tries to brush that off as insignificant is in for a real eye opener imho.

MsDoodahs
06-26-2007, 06:11 AM
"Are cell phone users screwing up RP's numbers?"

No, RP's poll numbers are manipulated by the pollsters themselves. Add to that the fact that RP appeals to a demographic that isn't "capturable" by the polls.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
06-26-2007, 06:13 AM
If Ron Paul where to win in 08, Im sure FOX News would blame it on "spam"

Dan Klaus
06-26-2007, 06:21 AM
oh for goodness sakes...this is really a reach....blah..

MozoVote
06-26-2007, 06:35 AM
Here is what the analysts are missing: Ron Paul has the potential to tap into many dissatisfied groups of people. We saw this groundswell in 1992 and 1994 when the public was serious about demanding a CHANGE of direction. (I still think Ross Perot could have won 1992 if he did not behave so erratically.) It is not an Internet-only phenominon building behind Dr Paul.

Last year's elections were not about love for the Democrats. It was the only way people could express their frustration with the status quo.

Therion
06-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Here is what the analysts are missing: Ron Paul has the potential to tap into many dissatisfied groups of people. We saw this groundswell in 1992 and 1994 when the public was serious about demanding a CHANGE of direction. (I still think Ross Perot could have won 1992 if he did not behave so erratically.) It is not an Internet-only phenominon building behind Dr Paul.

Last year's elections were not about love for the Democrats. It was the only way people could express their frustration with the status quo.

Dr. Paul doesn't have a billion dollars to throw into this.

BW4Paul
06-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Dr. Paul doesn't have a billion dollars to throw into this.

That's why we gotta dig deep and give until it hurts.

Daveforliberty
06-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Does anyone know how the millions of VOIP phone numbers are counted/not counted by pollsters? I know my VOIP number does not show up in any paper or online directories. So is it cell phone users PLUS millions of VOIP users?