PDA

View Full Version : SNOWDEN 'NOT COMING BACK' TO USA

Warlord
01-26-2014, 01:08 AM
on Drudge:

http://news.yahoo.com/nsa-serves-economic-interests-snowden-interview-220424512.html

Good for Edward.

Occam's Banana
01-26-2014, 01:48 AM
FTA:

Berlin (AFP) - The US National Security Agency (NSA) sometimes uses data it collects for economic purposes, intelligence leaker Edward Snowden reveals in an extract of an interview with a German television chain to be broadcast Sunday.

"If there is information, for example on Siemens, which is in the national interest, but has nothing to do with national security, they will still use this information," said Snowden,

[...]

On its website, NDR said that Snowden assured he was no longer in possession of any confidential documents, as they had all been handed out to handpicked journalists. The former NSA contractor said he no longer wants to, or is able to, take part in any future revelations.

Other than the consequences of his revelations about NSA surveillance programs, Snowden will also address "his personal path" to leaking the information.

[...]

On Thursday, in a question-and-answer session on the "Free Snowden" website, Snowden ruled out returning to the United States, where he said there was no chance of a free trial.

[...]

fr33
01-26-2014, 02:17 AM
Sigh of relief. The government broke it's own laws and would punish Snowden for pointing out that fact.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0e/August_Landmesser.jpg/350px-August_Landmesser.jpg

RickyJ
01-26-2014, 02:21 AM
on Drudge:

http://news.yahoo.com/nsa-serves-economic-interests-snowden-interview-220424512.html

Good for Edward.

Would you come back for the death penalty? They are going to try to kill him anyway right where he is in Russia. He will never be safe until the people he exposed are brought to justice.

Anti Federalist
01-26-2014, 02:34 AM
Smart move Ed.

Neil Desmond
01-26-2014, 02:40 AM
What would have to change in order for him to be able to come back (without having to worry about facing a noose or firing squad)?

AngryCanadian
01-26-2014, 03:01 AM
Does anyone here wonder what more secrets that Snowden might that has made the Republican party so nervous?

Warlord
01-26-2014, 05:08 AM
Does anyone here wonder what more secrets that Snowden might that has made the Republican party so nervous?

He has nothing.

Root
01-26-2014, 05:33 AM
Stay free Edward!

willwash
01-26-2014, 07:27 AM
didnt he have a timebomb tactic where he would release an encrypted news release that was set to automatically decrypt after a certatin time? That way if he should happen to have a "heart attack" or tragic "car accident" his story would decrypt.

libertyvidz
01-26-2014, 07:28 AM
What would have to change in order for him to be able to come back (without having to worry about facing a noose or firing squad)?

1) A liberty loving president offering him a full pardon

2) A radical shift in the infowar where w'eve convinced the vast majority of boobus Americanus that Snowden was actually right.

3) A liberty version of a witness protection program where we give him a completely new identity.

Root
01-26-2014, 07:45 AM
didnt he have a timebomb tactic where he would release an encrypted news release that was set to automatically decrypt after a certatin time? That way if he should happen to have a "heart attack" or tragic "car accident" his story would decrypt.
I sure hope he does.

pcosmar
01-26-2014, 07:46 AM
Pretty much everything.

aGameOfThrones
01-26-2014, 07:51 AM
http://mycatbirdseat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Obama-disappointing-vnn-579x450.jpg

Travlyr
01-26-2014, 07:55 AM
http://mycatbirdseat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Obama-disappointing-vnn-579x450.jpg

It is disappointing indeed, but Obama is not really in charge. If Obama went against the powers that be then he would end up like JKF.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-26-2014, 08:01 AM
Of course, if the United States offers something to Russia, they might extradite him here.

KCIndy
01-26-2014, 08:47 AM
Of course, if the United States offers something to Russia, they might extradite him here.

That's what worries me. I've been wondering if we'll see Snowden extradited shortly after some billion dollar "aid package" goes through.

Warlord
01-26-2014, 08:48 AM
Russia will never give him up

Origanalist
01-26-2014, 09:05 AM

Everything.

Origanalist
01-26-2014, 09:06 AM
Pretty much everything.

Ooops, beat me to it.

Henry Rogue
01-26-2014, 09:34 AM
Sigh of relief. The government broke it's own laws and would punish Snowden for pointing out that fact.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0e/August_Landmesser.jpg/350px-August_Landmesser.jpg
Look at that libertarian extremist, he must be a terrorist ot traitor or something.

Origanalist
01-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Look at that libertarian extremist, he must be a terrorist ot traitor or something.

Lol, make sure you get those sarcasm tags up there.

Henry Rogue
01-26-2014, 10:04 AM
Lol, make sure you get those sarcasm tags up there.
He he:D

JK/SEA
01-26-2014, 10:08 AM
so lets say he comes back with a full pardon...he still would be killed by some disgruntled war monger asshole...or assholes...

Snew
01-26-2014, 02:05 PM
Good to hear!

Anti Federalist
01-26-2014, 02:09 PM
It is disappointing indeed, but Obama is not really in charge. If Obama went against the powers that be then he would end up like JKF.

Bingo.

Just another meat puppet in a long line of meat puppets going back half a century now.

torchbearer
01-26-2014, 02:21 PM

would a Rand Paul presidency change his situation? maybe not with same congress.

Carson
01-26-2014, 02:41 PM
I was kind of thinking the United States could clean up its act, restore constitutionality and the rule of law. Not only would it again be a safe place for us but a place Snowden could return to.

The central banks and their minion sure seem to have the globe in their grip at the moment. Imagine trying to convince all those on the take that winding down the counterfeiting is in their best interest.

Actually I don't think you should necessarily have to wind anything down. It seems to me many of the assets that are being stolen by the counterfeiters would still be out there in the wild. You would just have to convince the actual owners that your reason for a loan was sound enough for them to risk their hard earned capital.

The only thing that would wind down would be the thievery that allows the criminals unlimited credit.

Lorde - Royals (US Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcIKh6sBtc

AngryCanadian
01-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Russia will never give him up
With Syria, Ukraine being on the line for Russia's strategic interests your right.

KCIndy
01-26-2014, 03:22 PM
would a Rand Paul presidency change his situation? maybe not with same congress.

Doubtful, considering that Rand has been quoted as saying Snowden should do time. :(

torchbearer
01-26-2014, 03:22 PM
Doubtful, considering that Rand has been quoted as saying Snowden should do time. :(

Time....... served......

S.Shorland
01-26-2014, 03:35 PM
It's imperative that America's hard propagandized self image is maintained.That's why the yacht family who escaped to Cuba were brought back,probably as a result of huge bribes or threats.'Land of the free,home of the brave.' If he comes back he won't ever be free.If he stays away he'll be demonized or killed.I hope he stays away and causes thought.

EDIT: Ellsberg was/is not the turd in the punchbowl because the Vietnam war was always going to end.The spying and the control of the population motivating it are planned to intensify and cement a new paradigm without end.Therefore Snowden must be dismissed or controlled.

Occam's Banana
01-27-2014, 01:38 AM

They might - but I have a hard time imagining what that might be.
US & Russian interests are just too disaligned on too many things.

That's what worries me. I've been wondering if we'll see Snowden extradited shortly after some billion dollar "aid package" goes through.

Given that "billion dollar aid packages" are designed and intended to pour money into the pockets of well-connected interests, I don't think we have to worry too much about this particular scenario. The politically influential people & factions that gain from such things are probably not going to stand for their gravy train being derailed just for the sake of pursuing a vendetta against a single man who has already let the horses out of the barn ...