PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana "poisoning"

tod evans
01-25-2014, 12:04 PM
For every pro weed article some fine journalist puts out tripe like this;

Police: Teacher brought marijuana-laced food to after-work potluck

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/25/justice/california-teacher-pot-arrest/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

(CNN) -- Police in Northern California have arrested an elementary schoolteacher after she allegedly brought marijuana-laced food to an after-hours employee potluck dinner.
Teresa Gilmete Badger, a 47-year-old teacher at Matthew Turner Elementary School in Benicia, was arrested Friday afternoon on suspicion of poisoning after a six-week-long investigation, said Lt. Frank Hartig of the Benicia Police Department.
After the late-November get-together in the Bay Area town, several people reported feeling ill, a police statement said.

"One of the partygoers was rushed to the hospital with severe reactions; she was hospitalized," Hartig told CNN affiliate KPIX. "The very next morning, another partygoer was taken to the hospital, because she continued to feel like she was under the influence of something."
At least one of the women tested positive for THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol), the principal intoxicant in marijuana, police said.
A 15-year-old also got sick after someone at the party brought leftovers home, according to police.
During their investigation, police said they were told that Badger had "allegedly confessed her involvement to individuals who were also in attendance at the party."
She was arrested Friday and booked into Solano County Jail in Fairfield. Bail was set at $15,000.
Badger chose not to speak to arresting officers, Hartig said.

liberalnurse
01-25-2014, 12:54 PM
Really? Why would you do that? Notice one women tested positive for THC. Doesn't say which one.:rolleyes:

Dr.3D
01-25-2014, 01:01 PM
So if somebody spikes the punch bowl with booze, it that also considered poisoning?

tod evans
01-25-2014, 01:03 PM
So if somebody spikes the punch bowl with booze, it that also considered poisoning?

Depends on which agenda is being pushed by whom....

pcosmar
01-25-2014, 01:16 PM

What if someone puts Fluoride in the water supply?
Or Chlorine?

Suzanimal
01-25-2014, 01:22 PM
Or Chlorine?

Or carcinogens in cola? There's a thread on here somewhere about it.

Dr.3D
01-25-2014, 01:24 PM
Or Chlorine?
I guess if they tell people about it, they can get away with it.

JK/SEA
01-25-2014, 01:33 PM
eff this...we know the stigma attached to cannabis is rapidly going up in smoke...:p

pcosmar
01-25-2014, 01:33 PM
I guess if they tell people about it, they can get away with it.

Well I went to a Lasagna dinner once.. Two pans of Lasagna,, With Mushrooms and without.

I don't think anyone complained. ;)

Dr.3D
01-25-2014, 01:34 PM
eff this...we know the stigma attached to cannabis is rapidly going up in smoke...:p
Yep, much like a fart in the wind.

Brian4Liberty
01-25-2014, 01:39 PM
There's always some idiot that thinks it will be funny to secretly spike food or drinks. Been going on for a long time.

Dr.3D
01-25-2014, 01:41 PM
There's always some idiot that thinks it will be funny to secretly spike food or drinks. Been going on for a long time.
I remember when I ordered a pizza back in the 70's and after eating half of it, I had a pretty strong buzz going. I thought to myself, why would anybody waste their money doing that for me?

01-25-2014, 02:35 PM
High = poisoned?

pcosmar
01-25-2014, 03:22 PM
High = poisoned?

Goes back to the original definitions of drugs and medications.. and the first efforts to Control.

Any over the counter substances(drugs) were classed as poisons.

http://antiquecannabisbook.com/images/Lilly96A.jpg

and a lot of related bullshit since.
http://library.thinkquest.org/C007974/1_2can.htm

TomtheTinker
01-25-2014, 05:03 PM
Im a smoker.but eating to much cannabis can be a painful experience.

phill4paul
01-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Never do this. Ever. It's just wrong on so many levels.

kcchiefs6465
01-25-2014, 08:19 PM
Of course.

EBounding
01-25-2014, 08:45 PM
I'm surprised the victims weren't thrown in prison.

DamianTV
01-25-2014, 09:03 PM

There is such a thing as alcohol poisoning, when too much is injested. There are no known cases of any person experiencing an Overdose on Marijuana.

Between the two, which one should be considered "poisoning"?

kathy88
01-26-2014, 08:16 AM
Im a smoker.but eating to much cannabis can be a painful experience.
Amen. Worst. Day. Ever.

TomtheTinker
01-26-2014, 02:25 PM
There is such a thing as alcohol poisoning, when too much is injested. There are no known cases of any person experiencing an Overdose on Marijuana.

Between the two, which one should be considered "poisoning"?

Bull shit..cook a couple ounces into some butter and make some brownies. Talk to me after that.

I couldn't walk, talk, think or see straight. I had to crawl an inch at a time to the toilet where I spent an hour puking, moaning, drooling and praying. My buddy and his girl carried me to couch where I woke up 10 hours later. I was still stoned.

Kotin
01-26-2014, 02:36 PM
not cool to dose others without their knowledge.. how would they know whats going on?? I am not surprised they freaked out..

that woman didnt poison anyone but still could have caused harm I suppose.. dumb person, dumb situation.. do I want the state involved? No.

pcosmar
01-26-2014, 02:38 PM
Bull shit..cook a couple ounces into some butter and make some brownies. Talk to me after that.

I couldn't walk, talk, think or see straight. I had to crawl an inch at a time to the toilet where I spent an hour puking, moaning, drooling and praying. My buddy and his girl carried me to couch where I woke up 10 hours later. I was still stoned.

Sorry for your bad luck..

LMFAO

Reminds me of another story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrjBDbYKGcs

pcosmar
01-26-2014, 02:41 PM
not cool to dose others without their knowledge.. how would they know whats going on?? I am not surprised they freaked out..

that woman didnt poison anyone but still could have caused harm I suppose.. dumb person, dumb situation.. do I want the state involved? No.

I don't know ,,
I don't know if the story is half true..
I don't know if it is more manufactured "Reefer Madness" hysteria.

I don't know if it was intentional and informed,, and someone freaked out later.

I do suspect it is Media Hype.

I doubt that someone would spend thousands of $$$ to get people high against their will,, as a joke.

Root
01-26-2014, 02:58 PM

EV coconut oil works better than butter and edible dosage amounts can be tricky. Anyway, I've been there, except for the puking. I just decided I'd try to sleep it off on huge carpet. Yeah, 10-12 hours later I was finally coming down.

Alcohol is still far more dangerous. Last time I drank too much I was hungover for two days.

Brian4Liberty
01-26-2014, 03:26 PM

Truth there. Drugs have side effects and adverse reactions. You can "overdose" on pretty much anything, even water. Marijuana is no exception.

kathy88
01-26-2014, 10:56 PM

I had an almost identical experience. I was told by a friend the next day I kept asking her to smell my garbage bags. They were scented.

TomtheTinker
01-27-2014, 01:32 AM
EV coconut oil works better than butter and edible dosage amounts can be th tricky. Anyway, I've been there, except for the puking. I just decided I'd try to sleep it off on huge carpet. Yeah, 10-12 hours later I was finally coming down.

Alcohol is still far more dangerous. Last time I drank too much I was hungover for two days.

Agreed that alcohol is more dangerous, I have hurt myself far to many times partying harder than any person should. coco oil is what they use now, I just smoke the stuff the old fashioned way now.

TomtheTinker
01-27-2014, 01:37 AM
Sorry for your bad luck..

LMFAO

Reminds me of another story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrjBDbYKGcs

Lmfao...that news story is hilarious.

twomp
01-27-2014, 04:30 AM
Just how deadly a killer is marijuana? Here's a GIF showing all of the people who have died after overdosing on pot:

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/panda.gif

DamianTV
01-27-2014, 04:37 AM
Bad Luck for Potluck...

(oh, potluck doesnt mean put pot into the dish?!?!?)

Root
01-27-2014, 06:26 AM
Agreed that alcohol is more dangerous, I have hurt myself far to many times partying harder than any person should. coco oil is what they use now, I just smoke the stuff the old fashioned way now.
Give vaporization a try, it's so much cleaner, less messy.

pcosmar
01-27-2014, 08:12 AM
Lmfao...that news story is hilarious.

That news story was true. The idiot cop Resigned. (good for him)

I can't help wonder haw much pot it would take to get this result.. I don't smoke often (very rarely) because of the cost
Last time I bought any it was $100 for 4 grams.

And the last Special Brownies I had was many years ago... when an Ounce cost $20. And there were 2 ounces used.

What does an Ounce of Pot cost these days..

Seems like an expensive Joke for a poor school teacher. (if the story is true)

phill4paul
01-27-2014, 08:26 AM

I can't help wonder haw much pot it would take to get this result.. I don't smoke often (very rarely) because of the cost

And the last Special Brownies I had was many years ago... when an Ounce cost $20. And there were 2 ounces used.

What does an Ounce of Pot cost these days..

Seems like an expensive Joke for a poor school teacher. (if the story is true)

Keep the tasty buds for smoking. Make your "budder" using shake and stems. Most of the "budder" I have made has been free (or traded in exchange for some of the final product). Gifted leftovers from harvests.

Oz. run around $300-$400 where I am from. For the good stuff. Mexican brickweed is cheaper.

Suzanimal
01-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Bad Luck for Potluck...

LOL, I wish.

tod evans
01-27-2014, 09:43 AM
Bad Luck for Potluck...

All the folks I know that this'd help aren't worth wasting perfectly good weed on...

Brian4Liberty
01-27-2014, 12:11 PM

How much? It varies greatly. Depends on the amount, the quality, how it is taken, the situation, the person, and the use of other drugs to counter the paranoid/panic effect. Eating it has become more popular, but it can also mean a much higher dosage that lasts a lot longer. It can "overdose" experienced smokers fairly easily.

The old days when you had special brownies they were probably made with low grade shake (the kind that could be mistaken for oregano).

otherone
01-27-2014, 12:19 PM
Just how deadly a killer is marijuana? Here's a GIF showing all of the people who have died after overdosing on pot:

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/panda.gif

Very funny, smart guy... but studies show that marijuana is a "gateway" panda.......

dannno
01-27-2014, 12:34 PM
In that particular area it is probably about $140-$150/oz for high grade cannabis. The teacher may grow it herself and may have used trimmings to make the edible oil, so it could have been 'free' so to speak.

Eating too much cannabis is not something you want to do all the time, but it is similar to a psychedelic experience and you can learn a lot about yourself which can sometimes be scary depending on who you are and whether you have experienced that before.

Has anybody ever seen Smiley Face? It's about a stoner chick who accidentally eats an entire batch of weed cupcakes.

http://www.dvd-covers.org/d/101708-3/smileyface.jpg

Brian4Liberty
01-27-2014, 12:34 PM
On the use of other drugs to counter the negative side effects of marijuana, many people use alcohol. Other people use prescription drugs, like Xanax...

Justin Bieber just ratted on one of his drug suppliers to police -- telling cops, HIS MOM is the one who gave him the prescription medication he took shortly before his DUI arrest.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, cops grilled Bieber on what substances he had ingested before his arrest ... and the singer admitted he was under the influence of Rx meds, alcohol, and weed.

When asked what kind of Rx meds, we're told Bieber said anti-anxiety (such as Xanax) but he wasn't sure exactly what kind ... because he just takes whatever his mom Pattie gives him.

It's unclear if he has his own prescriptions for the drugs -- and his mom just handles them -- or if he's using his mom's prescriptions ... which would be illegal. If Bieber does have a valid prescription , the presence of the substance in his system probably won't be held against him.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/23/justin-bieber-mother-xanax-urine-test-pee-weed-marijuana-cannabis-downers/

Schifference
01-27-2014, 01:53 PM
I remember in midsummer in the late 1970's going to someone's house that always had this cheap punch purchased from a local convenience store in gallon jugs. Kinda like ready made Kool Aid or Hawaiian punch. On this particular day it was hot very hot and it would be easy to chug an ice cold glass or two of this beverage. Don't you know the drink had like xxx hits of blotter acid in it. Everyone that drank it tripped their brains out.

TomtheTinker
01-27-2014, 01:58 PM
I use to vaporize often. . Went back to smoking because my handheld was somewhat a pita. Been thinking about getting another some time soon.

Brian4Liberty
01-27-2014, 01:58 PM
I remember in midsummer in the late 1970's going to someone's house that always had this cheap punch purchased from a local convenience store in gallon jugs. Kinda like ready made Kool Aid or Hawaiian punch. On this particular day it was hot very hot and it would be easy to chug an ice cold glass or two of this beverage. Don't you know the drink had like xxx hits of blotter acid in it. Everyone that drank it tripped their brains out.

There is a victim, so there is a crime, if the victim decides to press charges. The legal terminology for the charges is not that important. "Poisoning" may be the most applicable legal term, or maybe there is something else that could be used. Is there a term for secretly drugging people? I'm not a lawyer, I just play one on the internet.

pcosmar
01-27-2014, 02:08 PM
How much? It varies greatly. Depends on the amount, the quality, how it is taken, the situation, the person, and the use of other drugs to counter the paranoid/panic effect. Eating it has become more popular, but it can also mean a much higher dosage that lasts a lot longer. It can "overdose" experienced smokers fairly easily.

The old days when you had special brownies they were probably made with low grade shake (the kind that could be mistaken for oregano).

The Brownies I had,, years back were made with 2oz of Colombian,, Cleaned and then ground finely.
And that ran around $20 to $30 an Oz.

Back when Gas was well under $2 a gal. and I made $5 an hour. It made one Big Cake pan of Brownies,, and was only a light buzz as I recall.
Seemed not worth the cost or the effort..

Got a better buzz passing the joint.

pcosmar
01-27-2014, 02:15 PM
In that particular area it is probably about $140-$150/oz for high grade cannabis. ]

Anyone interested in profit margin?

$20 a gram here. For a wet,, water weight bud.

I have not bought any for a long time.

jbauer
01-27-2014, 02:15 PM

Agree, the teacher violated the rights of the other attendees by putting a "substance" not normally included in brownies to induce an affect. This is something that is wrong and should be punished especially if its in a state where pot isn't legal.

DamianTV
01-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Very funny, smart guy... but studies show that marijuana is a "gateway" panda.......

to what? Koalas? Teddys? Grizzlys?

FloralScent
01-27-2014, 04:32 PM

yup...plus the fact that scarfing down THC laced cookies will wreck even a veteran stoner.

otherone
01-27-2014, 04:33 PM
to what? Koalas? Teddys? Grizzlys?

crystal unicorn...
http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server2800/ad7e4/products/1155/images/1407/Rearing-Crystal-Unicorn-3__28849.1312577311.1280.1280.jpg

pcosmar
01-27-2014, 04:36 PM
crystal unicorn...
http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server2800/ad7e4/products/1155/images/1407/Rearing-Crystal-Unicorn-3__28849.1312577311.1280.1280.jpg

Damn,,,
My wife saw that,, now she wants one.

otherone
01-27-2014, 04:38 PM
Damn,,,
My wife saw that,, now she wants one.

...the first one is free...
:cool:

phill4paul
01-27-2014, 05:09 PM
yup...plus the fact that scarfing down THC laced cookies will wreck even a veteran stoner.

Not necessarily. I know veteran stoners that get absolutely no effect from edibles. My personal belief is that they have just not tried it enough times. I have known individuals that had to smoke up at least ten times before it finally kicked in for them. I do not understand why this is. Just that it is.