PDA

View Full Version : 38 inmates accused of desecrating flag put on bread and water

QuickZ06
01-25-2014, 12:03 PM
Should this not be illegal?

A diet of Bread and water is the punishment for dozens of Arizona inmates who allegedly defaced American flags placed in their jail cells.

The 38 male inmates are part of the Maricopa County jail system, which is under the control of controversial sheriff Joe Arpaio.

For their alleged unpatriotic acts, the sheriff said Thursday, they'll survive on bread and water for seven days.

"These inmates have destroyed the American flag that was placed in their cells," Arpaio said. "Tearing them, writing on them, stepping on them, throwing them in the toilet, trash or wherever they feel. It's a disgrace ... this is government property that they are destroying, and we will take action against those who act this way."

The flags are part of a push for patriotism in county jail cells that includes listening to the "Star-Spangled Banner" every morning and "God Bless America" every night over the intercom system.

Arpaio implemented the American flag jailhouse initiative in November.

At the time, he announced a push to hire more veterans, saying his office employs more than 600 men and women who have served in the military. He manages about 8,000 in,mates.

"Sheriff Arpaio is a Korean War veteran and a big patriot," said Chrisopher Hegstrom, a spokesman for the Sheriff's Office.

Arpaio's tough, headline-grabbing punishments have earned him diehard supporters and fiery opponents along the way.

He's issued pink underwear to the men detained in the county's jails and said he is saving taxpayers money by removing salt and pepper from prison meals.

This month, the county announced that his racial and ethnic profiling will cost it at least $22 million. A court ruled in May that his office routinely profiled Latinos during traffic and immigration patrols.

His office has a history of targeting vehicles with occupants of Latino heritage, scrutinizing them more strictly and detaining them more often, U.S. District Judge Murray Snow ruled.

Arpaio has denied any discrimination or civil rights violations, and is appealing the decision.

He was elected to his sixth term as sheriff for the Phoenix area in November 2012.

http://www.abc-7.com/story/24539892/38-inmates-put-on-bread-and-water-for-desecrating-flag

tod evans
01-25-2014, 12:11 PM
Why is this guy still breathing?

JK/SEA
01-25-2014, 12:33 PM
Arpaio is the poster child for the Police State....

DEFCON 2...

Czolgosz
01-25-2014, 12:34 PM
Why is this guy still breathing?

A few good men are still enjoying beer and football.

Tod
01-25-2014, 12:35 PM
The whole group should join in and make a strike out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smiXFbZqehE

HOLLYWOOD
01-25-2014, 12:36 PM
8th Amendment

phill4paul
01-25-2014, 12:38 PM
So how much of the taxpayers $22 million will he recover from this bread and water and salt-less and pepper-less diet?

donnay
01-25-2014, 12:39 PM
I have been watching Sheriff Arpaio for a few years and while I won't agree with him on all things I have agreed with him on some things. I am not completely sure but if I were a betting women I would bet that the establishment doesn't like Sheriff Arpaio much--along with current administration.

If you do a search with the headline-- "Sheriff Arpaio," there are pages and pages of this man being ostracized, demonized and smeared --left or right, young or old, black or white, and on and on... I just wonder if these reports are real or embellished to make him look to be a bad guy?

There are police chiefs all over the country that have done a lot of criminal things and we rarely hear much about them. When a LEO is suspected of wrongdoing they get put on administrative leave and when the trial rolls around s/he get no more than a slap on the wrist. One has got to wonder why they are gunning for Arpaio? Because from my viewpoint if he is as bad as these stories make him out to be, the news wouldn't even mention his name.

aGameOfThrones
01-25-2014, 12:43 PM
VET angry at Free speech: I fought for your Right to stand here MotherF***** (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?441714-VET-angry-at-Free-speech-I-fought-for-your-Right-to-stand-here-MotherF*****&p=5379368#post5379368)

VIDEODROME
01-25-2014, 12:54 PM
I bet those flags were made in Korea.

PierzStyx
01-25-2014, 01:06 PM
Beware how you take a hold the Idol of the Statists.

HOLLYWOOD
01-25-2014, 01:47 PM
I have been watching Sheriff Arpaio for a few years and while I won't agree with him on all things I have agreed with him on some things. I am not completely sure but if I were a betting women I would bet that the establishment doesn't like Sheriff Arpaio much--along with current administration.

If you do a search with the headline-- "Sheriff Arpaio," there are pages and pages of this man being ostracized, demonized and smeared --left or right, young or old, black or white, and on and on... I just wonder if these reports are real or embellished to make him look to be a bad guy?

There are police chiefs all over the country that have done a lot of criminal things and we rarely hear much about them. When a LEO is suspected of wrongdoing they get put on administrative leave and when the trial rolls around s/he get no more than a slap on the wrist. One has got to wonder why they are gunning for Arpaio? Because from my viewpoint if he is as bad as these stories make him out to be, the news wouldn't even mention his name. Not to go to far on a tagent, but needs to be expressed...

I think this needs addressing because... I see this attacking of Arpio as just the usual cheap shots and embellishment from the big status quo establishment hard left and then the same establishment hard right. It's controversy that draws the political divide, to pick a side and activate against each other. It always seems when special interest, extremists, groups, and media want to make an issue for news and news for an issue, they look for trouble as controversy sells and gets funds. Most, Constitutionalists, Libertarians, and even Independents are dead down the center of what the US Constitution and Bill of Rights states, means, and must followed. It's always those looking to; swindle, looking to profit, looking to control, looking for a name or attention, self interest, always deviate from the center laws and rights. There's also the silent special interest which you could call "the enablers" they're the ones that fund the establishment's far right people/groups and far left people/groups to create discontent, dictating policies, and even false oppositions, keeping all the mundanes across the nation busy bickering and attacking against each other.

You can see it's the truly just the establishment 'PARTY OF ONE', that attacks from both sides, attacking Constitutionalists/Libertarians/Independents who want freedom and liberty for all, to leave individuals alone, follow exactly what the founders rule of laws and rights, the governing meant for this nation. But it's the extremists on the right and on the left that attack "US". Remember, there's no power being a constitutionalist, no news in peace-no peace in news, no profit in small restricted government, no special interests in a limited government... no favoritism/profits/monopolies/control in a small limited government, or campaign donations of bribery, writing self legislation and controlling laws that discriminate/dictate.

When you cutoff the gravy trains to special interest, control/power freaks, and profiteers, you get attacked by those same establishment left and right interests. ESTABLISHMENT=Profiteers/RICO/Monopolists/etc, so if you're catching flak, then you're over their special interest target.

PS: That brainwashed coined political crap of "MODERATE" means the exact opposite... they're the ones in government that go to any extreme in selling everyone out. They'll vote for anything or everything for power, job security, future profiteering.

Dr.3D
01-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Seems like they are not the only ones who feel like that.
http://dx.com/p/novelty-america-flag-pattern-toilet-paper-3-layer-roll-tissue-white-red-blue-238402#.UuQYCndOlUR
Notice it's sold out?

01-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Should this not be illegal?

Why? Regardless of other issues you may have with him and without resorting to personal attacks tell us why this diet is illegal.

tod evans
01-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Why? Regardless of other issues you may have with him and without resorting to personal attacks tell us why this diet is illegal.

Prisons and jails are required by federal law to provide a "nutritionally balanced" diet that meets or exceeds a caloric requirement.

Bread-n-water constitutes cruel and unusual punishment.

LibForestPaul
01-25-2014, 04:00 PM
Rules are rules, could care less. But how is a diet of "bread and water" not cruel and unusual punishment. If a person is in your care, it is your responsibility to provide adequate nourishment. Dietary requirements are well established.

James Madison
01-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Prisons and jails are required by federal law to provide a "nutritionally balanced" diet that meets or exceeds a caloric requirement.

Locking someone in a cage and restricting their right to free association for 23 hours a day seems worse to me.

oyarde
01-25-2014, 04:54 PM
Why are the flags in the cells ?

Occam's Banana
01-25-2014, 05:11 PM

I'm guessing that they put the flags in the cells in hopes that the inmates would vandalize them - so that they would then have an "excuse" to do what they are now doing.

IOW: They're taunting the inmates in their cages under the guise of promoting "patriotism" or some such bullshit.
And if anybody calls them out on their childish little game ... well, hey, you're not "against the flag," now, are you?

oyarde
01-25-2014, 05:58 PM
I'm guessing that they put the flags in the cells in hopes that the inmates would vandalize them - so that they would then have an "excuse" to do what they are now doing.

IOW: They're taunting the inmates in their cages under the guise of promoting "patriotism" or some such bullshit.
And if anybody calls them out on their childish little game ... well, hey, you're not "against the flag," now, are you?

I would be using it to help myself escape , but , :) I would never be taken alive in the first place .

Dianne
01-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Here's where I draw the line between you guys and myself. We have had this debate often, but it really pisses the hell out of me when illegal immigrants from Mexico fill up our Wells Fargo owned prisons... where you and I pay $140,000. each, for a year to house them, when the real cost is about $10,000.per; and those bastards laugh in our faces by defacing the flag.

Keep in mind, I have worked in the prison system... These drug cartel guys want to be in prison... they have cell phones, and they can conduct their illegal dealings with full protection of the prison guards, who are paid to defend them while they are property of the State.

The Sheriff warned them... A kerosene can and a match would have suited me, but Sheriff warned them; so bless their hearts.. am I sad their dining is not what they hoped it would be? Let them get on their cell phone and take the hundreds of thousands in their bank accounts; and order Papa John's.

kcchiefs6465
01-25-2014, 06:32 PM

There are police chiefs all over the country that have done a lot of criminal things and we rarely hear much about them. When a LEO is suspected of wrongdoing they get put on administrative leave and when the trial rolls around s/he get no more than a slap on the wrist. One has got to wonder why they are gunning for Arpaio? Because from my viewpoint if he is as bad as these stories make him out to be, the news wouldn't even mention his name.
The man is a tyrant. I have explained at great length why.

The only reason he is elected year after year is because of progressive do-good prohibitionists, and Reagan/Nixon "tough on crime" Fascist-octogenarians.

"As these stories make him out to be"!? He put a flag, which allegedly stands for Liberty (ha) into the cells of men who've by and large committed no crime. He wishes his slaves to worship the altar. I'm at a loss for words here. He drove a tank through a man's living room on the allegation the man was fighting chickens. His stormtroopers shot and killed the man's dog. They murdered his chickens. Am I missing something?

Jesus Christ.

kcchiefs6465
01-25-2014, 06:40 PM
To appease Lucifer.

ETA: And while this is somewhat said sarcastically, in a sense I'm serious. The flag is an idol. The indoctrination attempts are to put the state above all. Above even one's God. And I'm not religious, but feel confident in my assessment. They worship that flag like it will Save them. They idolize it.

I am curious as to your thoughts on this Oyarde. Your posts on mythology and ancient history are very intriguing.

kcchiefs6465
01-25-2014, 06:41 PM
I would be using it to help myself escape , but , :) I would never be taken alive in the first place .
The first picture of a person, innocent of a crime, who hanged themselves with Arpaio's patriotism should be on the cover of TIME.

Democracy at its finest.

Dianne
01-25-2014, 06:58 PM
The man is a tyrant. I have explained at great length why.

The only reason he is elected year after year is because of progressive do-good prohibitionists, and Reagan/Nixon "tough on crime" Fascist-octogenarians.

"As these stories make him out to be"!? He put a flag, which allegedly stands for Liberty (ha) into the cells of men who've by and large committed no crime. He wishes his slaves to worship the altar. I'm at a loss for words here. He drove a tank through a man's living room on the allegation the man was fighting chickens. His stormtroopers shot and killed the man's dog. They murdered his chickens. Am I missing something?

Jesus Christ.

Almost all of Sheriff Joe's inmates are MS 13 ... Look it up, before you call him a tyrant... You are completely ignorant of what you are commenting about !!!! MS 13 would cut your tongue out of your mouth right now !!!! And laugh and joke about it... These are not little 18 year old pot smokers, like Obozo loves to throw in jail.. these are some very serious (kill 100 or 200 at a time with semi-automatics supplied under Fast and Furious, aka Eric Holder and Obama) ... kill your Mama, kill your Daddy, kill your Kids... These inmates don't play. Until you have to meet one of them, don't speak about it again ... You are a total babe in the woods.

The Sheriff warned them, and they spit in his face. They will earn brownie points among the higher ranking MS13 gang members for doing so. Where does the Sheriff draw the line? When the gang member slits a fellow inmate's throat?

And by the way, I am an American; I am from the U.S.A.; and I do get pissed off when a Russian, Mexican, Canadian rapes my flag. Although it might not mean anything to you; it means something to me. It is a symbol of what this Country used to be.

kcchiefs6465
01-25-2014, 07:42 PM
Almost all of Sheriff Joe's inmates are MS 13 ... Look it up, before you call him a tyrant... You are completely ignorant of what you are commenting about !!!! MS 13 would cut your tongue out of your mouth right now !!!! And laugh and joke about it... These are not little 18 year old pot smokers, like Obozo loves to throw in jail.. these are some very serious (kill 100 or 200 at a time with semi-automatics supplied under Fast and Furious, aka Eric Holder and Obama) ... kill your Mama, kill your Daddy, kill your Kids... These inmates don't play. Until you have to meet one of them, don't speak about it again ... You are a total babe in the woods.

The Sheriff warned them, and they spit in his face. They will earn brownie points among the higher ranking MS13 gang members for doing so. Where does the Sheriff draw the line? When the gang member slits a fellow inmate's throat?

And by the way, I am an American; I am from the U.S.A.; and I do get pissed off when a Russian, Mexican, Canadian rapes my flag. Although it might not mean anything to you; it means something to me. It is a symbol of what this Country used to be.
Wow. This is so amazing I wish I wouldn't have deleted my response to your earlier post of money in the bank, cell phone using, Mexican inmates.

First of all, MS-13 is an El Salvadoran gang. The "13" dictates the 13th letter of the alphabet. That is, "M." The "M" stands for the Mexican Mafia, started in Californian jails (a juvenile hall, rather). MS-13, though taking the number 13, is not primarily associated with the Mexican Mafia. That is, the Mexican Mafia didn't sanction them. Of course, to even use the number 13 in your gang, you are either 'A', cold blooded murderers, or 'B' (with no doubt a touch of 'A') sanctioned by "La Eme." La Eme (the "M") which stands for the Mexican Mafia) was started in response to Nuestra Familia (a Mexican prison gang from the North of California), the Black Guerrilla Families, and the Aryan Brotherhood. They grew in size considerably because of a tendency to cross racial lines. They'd kill people for the BGF or the AB, for example. A good film portraying the start of the MM is "American Me." (somewhat fitting of a title as for this instance, being wrongfully encaged and forced to listen to that garbage (God Bless America) all goddamn day) In fact, because the movie portrayed the founder as being raped in juvenile hall, the producer (I'm inclined to say, but perhaps her role was limited to simply an actress in the film), and anti-gang speaker, was murdered in her home, some what, 1,500-2,000 miles away from California (the gang's influence could not be underestimated at that point).

Do not assume I do not know what I am talking about.

These prisoners who would "kill my mommy and daddy" would not. For one, I have no grievances with them. My word is an honest word and it does not waver. I think about what I am to say and I mean what I say. I've met "bad" guys before. The only people to have EVER robbed me, were the police. And that was because they were sanctioned to.

This is all aside from the point that a .40 doesn't care how tough someone is.

Joe Arpaio is keeping me safe from no one (and aside from that, I HAVEN'T REQUESTED TO BE PROTECTED.. IN FACT, I REJECT THEIR "PROTECTION"). The man is a tick, a leach, a fucking carp of society who has made a fine living preaching to the quasi-racist and Nixonian-fascist alike. "These people [I]will"... gtfoh. I'd rather them ALL go free, than one drug offender be incarcerated, enslaved, and forced to listen to that God-awful horseshit.

Money in the bank? Cell phones? You have never been in jail. The Mexican illegal you are so against, if having any goddamned money, would surely have bonded out long before cell phones and Papa John's. Who do you think provides the cell phones, the Papa John's? I would bet you.

And you call me ignorant? You don't know a damn thing about what I'm talking about. You've never been to a jail. Your positions are easily seen as race driven. I read talks of Islamic Brotherhoods and "wetbacks" through the white between your lines.

blogdelnarco.com and google translate. It's what Sheriff Joe didn't tell you about the results of his crusade.

Fuck their flag. It meant what, where? When? When they were quashing men in the 1900's? When they were imprisoning dissenters in 1798? TFOH. You know what it meant? Unbridled tyranny, rule of mob, and slavery. You probably think I'm speaking of chattel.

01-25-2014, 07:44 PM

Ok, I'll have to take your word on it. I wasn't aware of this whole nutritionally balanced thing. I though they just had to be fed.

kcchiefs6465
01-25-2014, 07:48 PM
Ok, I'll have to take your word on it. I wasn't aware of this whole nutritionally balanced thing. I though they just had to be fed.
One can be fed shit, is that justice?

Yes, even in war, there are standards.

Bread and water challenges those standards.

The detained Afghan could expect better treatment.

tod evans
01-25-2014, 08:05 PM

Jails and prisons are the cumulative effect of our "Just-Us" system, if left to their own devices the wardens and guards have proven how they'll behave.

They "justify" insane cruelty in the name of order, they'll amuse themselves at their wards peril and they'll rape the public for the privilege...

This has been an ongoing problem since the Roman empire and is human nature.

You'll notice some folks expressing that "they deserve it"..........Well a good man shoots a bad dog...

A bad man however keeps men.

QuickZ06
01-25-2014, 08:48 PM

Holy crap, woke up on the wrong side of the bed eh? Do you get this mad over the burning of our Constitution?

kcchiefs6465
01-25-2014, 09:13 PM
Holy crap, woke up on the wrong side of the bed eh? Do you get this mad over the burning of our Constitution?
People, who are by and large closet racists or octogenarian drug warriors love Sheriff Joe. He is their disciple of the "S"tate. The flag is their cross. The Star Spangled Banner is their hymn. The judges are their priests, the courts supposed infallible, and the people themselves dance upon graves that they claim, are not [partly, if at least] their fault.

It would be more funny to me if I weren't subjected to Theire wishes and whims (as The minority). That that fat fascist fuck gets elected campaign after campaign says something of "democracy." So long as he asks for papers from some (those who are darker complected) and not from others (the "pure" white race) all is "well in the world." Well, at least until another republicrat gets into office.

And it is a shame to even have to distance oneself in saying, the views of the ignorant are their's themselves. The aforementioned is what they think. The 'Margaret Sanger's,' and the rest of the shameful shit I read here, especially as of late. God bless the few who are consistently advocating Liberty and Justice.

Ender
01-25-2014, 09:24 PM
How do you put a picture on the forum? Trying but no workee.

Occam's Banana
01-25-2014, 10:10 PM
How do you put a picture on the forum? Trying but no workee.

<link-to-image>

In the above, replacing <link-to-image> with the image link/URL should work.

oyarde
01-25-2014, 10:10 PM
To appease Lucifer.

ETA: And while this is somewhat said sarcastically, in a sense I'm serious. The flag is an idol. The indoctrination attempts are to put the state above all. Above even one's God. And I'm not religious, but feel confident in my assessment. They worship that flag like it will Save them. They idolize it.

I am curious as to your thoughts on this Oyarde. Your posts on mythology and ancient history are very intriguing.

In the old days of battle , the flag or banner was unique to a small group of warriors .They were loyal to one another and a trusted leader more or less only . Or in the case of a Native American , each symbol was unique to an individual , but could be spotted at a distance by other warriors who then may identify that individual by name . This loyalty ensures some degree of success against a less disciplined foe who probably ( if they have any sense) still fear death ( have not yet accepted it ) and yearn for a long and happy life. It can also assure shared failure ( many , many dead ). In modern times , the flags of large , aggressive nations could , as you say could be seen as idols of sorts by those who follow them. After a time , those capable of independant thought , feelings of righteousness , remorse , responsibility and compassion may begin to question the wisdom of such allegiance . Others will not .Still others will have only this allegiance with the men they share such bad experiences with and will not even consider the larger picture , and some of those , if they do consider the big picture , will seek solace with drink and drugs . I am a devout believer in God , but I suppose it is possible that many serve the " Flag" more so than the God they believe in .