PDA

View Full Version : RON PAUL NEEDS TO HAMMER THIS WAR ISSUE(here is how, view)

nyrgoal99
11-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Its so simple, just say

"If you want your men, women, children and grandchildren home, vote for me. If you want to have them contiued to be killed, you have 7 other choices"

Man that would be powerful

thoughtS?

He could bring up another draft becuae we will need more troops, but I like what i said above

nyrgoal99
11-29-2007, 09:45 PM
up

ChickenHawk
11-29-2007, 09:53 PM
NO! This won't work. The average Republican is going to be completely turned off by all this anti war ranting. It's fine to talk about a more humble foreign policy, no nation building and reducing the ridiculous number of countries that we have troops in but the anti Iraq war stuff is going to kill him. Most Americans are tired of the war but thought it was a essential at the time. Reminding everyone that he was always against it makes him look weak in the eyes of most Republicans.

weatherbill
11-29-2007, 09:55 PM
I think emphisising the financials of the war is a very good point....... the cost of this war is astronomical....most conservatives are agaisnt spending money like that

Leslie Webb
11-29-2007, 09:56 PM
A poll of Iowa Republicans last spring showed that a majority of them favored bringing the troops home from Iraq within six months. If we could get their votes, Ron would win Iowa.

tonyr1988
11-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Nice quip. One a similar note, I really think Paul needs to hammer on his "alternative" plan against terrorism. It shows that he's not weak on military issues and wanted to go after bin Laden and other al Qaeda members.

I remember a video where Chuck Baldwin basically said "If we had passed Paul's bill after 9/11 [the letters of marque and reprisal], bin Laden would be gone, most of al Qaeda would be dead or in disarray. We wouldn't be in a civil war in Iraq with 4,000 troops dead and $xxxxxx spent. If we would've followed Ron Paul's way and the Constitution, we could've taken care of the threat without defying the Constitution and the traditions of Christianity and Republicanism."

ChickenHawk
11-29-2007, 10:13 PM
I think that problem is that when Ron Paul talks about being against the Iraq war people think he is like all the pansy liberals that think the war on terror is just a bumper sticker. They don't realize that he takes the threat seriously he just doesn't believe that going to war in Iraq was necessary.

nyrgoal99
11-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Falling dollar is good also