PDA

View Full Version : DOJ Only Interested in Talking with Snowden If He Pleads Guilty

Matthew5
01-24-2014, 09:02 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/24/us/politics/us-willing-to-hold-talks-if-snowden-pleads-guilty.html

Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said Thursday that the United States was willing to discuss how the criminal case against Edward J. Snowden would be handled, but only if Mr. Snowden pleaded guilty first.

Mr. Holder, speaking at a question-and-answer event at the University of Virginia, did not specify the guilty pleas the Justice Department would expect before it would open talks with Mr. Snowden’s lawyers. And the attorney general reiterated that the United States was not willing to offer clemency to Mr. Snowden, the former National Security Agency contractor who has leaked documents that American officials have said threaten national security.

“Instead,” Mr. Holder said in response to a question at the university’s Miller Center, “were he coming back to the U.S. to enter a plea, we would engage with his lawyers.”

Root
01-24-2014, 09:09 AM
Innocent until proven guilty? Oh yeah, this is New Amerika. Never mind. Please don't report me.

seyferjm
01-24-2014, 09:18 AM
FU Holder!

Peace&Freedom
01-24-2014, 09:58 AM
Stay in Russia, Ed, and other locations where they still tolerate whistle blowers, or freedom in general.

tangent4ronpaul
01-24-2014, 11:03 AM
Stay in Russia, Eric, and other locations where they still tolerate whistle blowers, or freedom in general.

You mean Ed.

What a load of crap! - and I'm sure what he has to plead guilty to carries either life imprisonment or death.

-t

Danke
01-24-2014, 11:06 AM
I'm only interested in talking with Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. if he pleads guilty to his crimes.

HOLLYWOOD
01-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Amazing how the tides of tyranny has changed the lost Rule of Law in America today. You have a better chance of survival dealing with the MAFIA than with the DOJ. Only idiots think there's Freedom or Rule of Law in the America today. Look at all the establishment officials and groups, how they have broken laws and the only sure thing out of their mouths, is they consistently back the crimina-tryannicall state

PS: How all those cases against gun running and drug cartel partnerships working out for heir Holder? Maybe the case in AP targeting, FOX NEWS reporter targeting, Black Panthers voter fraud, ACORN voter fraud, NSA massively violation of the US Constitution... RULE of LAW? Yeah, Right, it's all turned into the two gang warfare against the people. Thugs, Liars, & Thieves.

Innocent until proven guilty? Oh yeah, this is New Amerika. Never mind. Please don't report me.

I'm only interested in talking with Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. if he pleads guilty to his crimes.

Occam's Banana
01-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Official policy of the US government: "We are willing to negotiate with anyone - but first, they have to fully comply with everything we demand."

DamianTV
01-24-2014, 08:27 PM
Whats the point of having a trial if he has already been found Guilty?

Snowden is INNOCENT because he is innocent until proven Guilty. Without a Fair Trial he can not be Guilty. Sadly, he will never receive a Fair Trial by our Just-Us system.

Carson
01-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Wow.

They really seem to not get it.

Root
01-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Wow.

Nor do they care that they don't get it.

Occam's Banana
01-24-2014, 08:53 PM

Snowden is INNOCENT because he is innocent until proven Guilty. Without a Fair Trial he can not be Guilty. Sadly, he will never receive a Fair Trial by our Just-Us system.

Here's hoping that they're demanding a "guilty" plea because they're at least just a teensy bit afraid that he might be acquitted. And at the very least, I'm certain they would vastly prefer an acquiescent "no fuss, no muss" plea bargain by and sentencing of Snowden - as opposed to the disruptive spectacle of an actual trial keeping things well-stirred-up and in the public eye.

Root
01-24-2014, 08:55 PM

Yup. Never gonna happen.

twomp
01-24-2014, 09:14 PM
FK Holder! If there were any justice, the next Attorney General will prosecute his ass.

NewRightLibertarian
01-24-2014, 11:07 PM
Wow.

Gang of crooks at work. What else would you expect?