PDA

View Full Version : We should try and get a 1 on 1 Debate between Paul and Huckabee

MooCowzRock
11-29-2007, 09:24 PM
I've been hearing this idea more and more, and I really like it. Its easy for people who watch the major debates to pass over Paul, like they do Hunter and Tancredo, however great Paul's points are. However, in a one on one debate, its impossible to ignore Paul's points. He can get his points in more often, discredit the neoconservative and moral conservative line of thinking, and Huckabee is the best candidate to do this on. Not only does Huckabee have support similar to ours, but his plans essentially represent the other running Republicans. For Ron Paul to beat him in a debate would be extremely good for the campaign, and for support of Paul and his plans/ideas.

What do you guys think, and how could we get this to happen?

mwkaufman
11-29-2007, 09:46 PM
There's no way Giuliani/Romney/McCain/Thompson agree to something like this, but there are some disadvantages to Huckabee.

Huckabee is a tremendous orator. He has most of the same bad points as the rest of the clowns, but he can make it sounds a lot better than they can. He's with Paul on the IRS, and abortion for the most part.

It'd be a great ideological battle though. "Compassionate" conservatism versus fiscal sanity.

They need to discuss the IRS and abortion to promote their views on the issue. I don't think there's much to do with Huckabee not believing in evolution, but Paul needs to hammer him for spending government money on anything and everything that sounds good from space exploration to welfare for illegal immigrants. He needs to explain to the American people that government doesn't have money. It's American taxpayers that are funding these programs, not the government. Obviously, the same applies to foreign policy, Americans may not mind invading Iraq and killing Iraqis till time ends, but they'll care when they here it cost each of them x thousand dollars. Christian just war theory needs to be brought up as does Eisenhower's quote on preemptive war and Hitler. Mmm... maybe not the Hitler quote, but it's a good quote.

fsk
11-29-2007, 09:46 PM
I think that Ron Paul should make position speeches and publish them directly to YouTube.