PDA

View Full Version : Democrat Fund Raising Letter Accuses Republicans of a 'Revolting Anti Choice Agenda'

CaseyJones
01-23-2014, 09:06 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/22/Democrat-Fund-Raisers-Accuse-Republicans-of-Revolting-Pro-Life-Agenda

Women’s Health Rapid Response Fund accused Republicans of embracing a “revolting anti-choice agenda” for supporting pro-life candidates and organizations.

The media and fundraising apparatus of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, is making the most of the 41st anniversary of “Roe v Wade.” They are imploring supporters for donations to “show Boehner that there are consequences for Republicans unrelenting war against women.”

Moreover, the fundraising letter cites that Republicans are trying to bring a bill to the house floor that could force rape survivors to face “abortion audits.”

Many Republicans, Independents and tea party supporters believe that Democrats and the left conflate women’s rights with abortion. For example, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) wished Roe v. Wade a happy 41st “birthday” today because of her “commitment to protecting women’s rights.”

Pro life advocates believe that abortion does not advance the rights of women and in fact does just the opposite. The following repercussions to abortion have been cited by the Elliot Institute a nonprofit organization that studies the effects abortion has on women:

1. 31% of women having abortions report suffering physical health complications

2. 10% of women having abortions suffer immediate, potentially life-threatening complications

3. Women have a 65% higher risk of clinical depression following abortion vs. childbirth

4. 65% of women suffer symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) after abortion

5. Women’s death rates from various causes after abortion are 3.5 times higher than after giving birth

6. Many women describe their experience as ‘a nightmare’, which can hardly be equated with ‘choice’. 60% of women surveyed after abortion responded that: ’Part of me died’

7. Suicide rates among women who have abortions are six times higher than those who give birth

8. Abortion increases a woman’s risk of future miscarriages by 60%

Cutlerzzz
01-23-2014, 10:05 AM
What about my choice to own a gun?

belian78
01-23-2014, 10:14 AM
Superficial wedge issues being brought up AGAIN around midterm election time? WHAAAAAAAAAA!?!?!?!?!

CaseyJones
01-23-2014, 10:32 AM
Superficial wedge issues being brought up AGAIN around midterm election time? WHAAAAAAAAAA!?!?!?!?!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?442073-GOP-readies-for-2014-with-new-tactics-familiar-messages

belian78
01-23-2014, 10:35 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?442073-GOP-readies-for-2014-with-new-tactics-familiar-messages
What's your point?

Spikender
01-23-2014, 10:50 AM
What's your point?

I think he's showing that both sides are marching out this point in order to distract us, which is their normal modus operandus of course.

matt0611
01-23-2014, 10:55 AM

And my choice to smoke a cigarette, and my choice to smoke marijuana, and my choice to take a job below minimum wage, and my choice not buy health insurance and my choice not to join a government retirement ponzi scheme, or my choice to eat trans-fats, or drink sodas larger than 16oz, my choice to own magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, etc etc

How come none of these choices matter to leftists? Why is a woman's choice to terminate her unborn child so sacred but these other's not? I want answers.

Spikender
01-23-2014, 10:58 AM
And my choice to smoke a cigarette, and my choice to smoke marijuana, and my choice to take a job below minimum wage, and my choice not buy health insurance and my choice not to join a government retirement ponzi scheme, or my choice to eat trans-fats, or drink sodas larger than 16oz, my choice to own magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, etc etc

How come none of these choices matter to leftists? Why is a woman's choice to terminate her unborn child so sacred but these other's not? I want answers.

Because all that other stuff is scary, just like a new child that you have to support with time and money.

specsaregood
01-23-2014, 11:06 AM

Yeah, where is that funny cartoon that's been posted about "choice". It is a good one.

GunnyFreedom
01-23-2014, 11:18 AM
http://glenbradley.net/share/funny/peanutschoice.jpg

belian78
01-23-2014, 11:27 AM
I think he's showing that both sides are marching out this point in order to distract us, which is their normal modus operandus of course.
I don't deny that a bit.

GunnyFreedom
01-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Yeah, where is that funny cartoon that's been posted about "choice". It is a good one.

LOL I hadn't even seen this when I went and grabbed this cartoon off the intartubez. I just saw the thread title, knew the cartoon would be perfect and quickly scanned the thread to make sure it hadn't already been posted. It was immediately AFTER that I saw your inquiry lmao!