PDA

View Full Version : Police Deny beating Frothing Banker

Mani
01-22-2014, 09:56 PM
Well this is a bit unusual. The elitist class clashing with the enforcer class?

They must have mistaken him for a mundane.

http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/LA-policemen-deny-beating-of-frothing-banker-5165859.php#comments

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Two Los Angeles police officers denied Wednesday that they beat a former bank executive with a baton during a bizarre encounter that ended with broken bones and a $20 million lawsuit.

Officers James Nichols and John Miller gave almost word-for-word identical accounts of the May 2012 confrontation, absolving themselves of any wrongdoing. They described the banker Brian Mulligan as acting strangely and at one point becoming so uncontrollable that they feared he would do damage to himself or others.

"This guy had gone crazy," Miller said. "He'd lost his marbles. I was a bit scared. I'd never seen anybody frothing at the mouth and growling as an adult human being." (Hahahah, I love this talk of being scared. Always scared these guys. You really feared for your safety huh....)

They took the stand after Mulligan, whose excessive-force suit claims he suffered a broken nose and shoulder and other injuries along with mental torture from an unprovoked beating.

The one-time Deutsche Bank official said that he was driven to snort the drug mix known as "bath salts" to deal with sleeping problems and had used it at least 20 times — but not on the night of the encounter — and he denied being paranoid during the confrontation.

Nichols, however, said Mulligan told him he had taken a type of bath salts called "White Lightning" four days earlier and hadn't slept since. He painted a portrait of a delusional man who was spotted wandering the street with wads of crumpled $100 bills falling out of his pockets.

"He was covered in sweat. He was very jittery," Nichols said. "He said he was going through a divorce. He was very upset. His children didn't like him."

At Mulligan's demand, officers took him to a hotel, but he later caused a disturbance by claiming someone was hiding in his nightstand, Nichols said.

Nichols said police later confronted Mulligan again after he was seen apparently pulling on car handles and growled when ordered to get on the ground.

Harry Lincoln Smith, an expert in the biomechanics of accidents who analyzed evidence for Mulligan's attorney, testified that the facial injuries were caused by baton strikes.

The damage was so extreme that Mulligan's olfactory nerve was destroyed and he cannot smell, Smith said.

Smith also said he measured bruises on Mulligan's back and compared them to the tip of a police baton.

"It's a pretty good match," the witness said.

But Nichols told jurors that he had never used his baton in 13 years on the force.

Miller said he did use his baton to subdue Mulligan by slamming him on the back of his shoulder, but he said he never hit him in the face.

Both officers suggested Mulligan may have injured himself by banging his face on the ground.

Mulligan was arrested on suspicion of resisting arrest, but prosecutors declined to file charges.

A civilian oversight board found the officers' use of force to be appropriate, and a claim against the city over his lost bank job was dismissed.

Mulligan also once served as co-chairman of Universal Studios and chief financial officer of Seagram Co.

While I may not be overly sympathetic to the banker but it sure doesn't sound right...However, I love the shit that is coming out of the cops mouth.

Officer Friendly "That guy was so scary! He was like a crazy zombie! ZOINKS! Scooby we gotta runaway from that monster! It was so so scary. I almost peed my pants!"

Banker's Attorney, "You beat his face to hell with batons. He can't even smell anymore coz his face is smashed beyond repair."

Officer Friendly, "We never ever ever use our batons. Promise! PINKY PROMISE! In 13 years I've never ever ever used it. I don't even know how..." :o

Banker's Attorney "Well the injuries on his face match that of baton strikes..."

Officer Friendly "OOOOH....that...Nah....He was all crazy and like uummm...You know...he just kept jumping face first into the concrete. He's all wacked out on that white lightening ya know. And he just kept taking his face and smashing it into the ground. We didn't know why he was doing that. We even tried to stop but we feared for our safety. It's the combination of divorce and drugs and his children said they don't love him...That's why he kept crashing his face into concrete. Drugs are bad Folks....don't do drugs...":cool:

Civilian oversight board, "Ya drugs are bad. They make you all crazy. Thank you for saving this banker. You're both heroes!"

Case closed.

Brian4Liberty
01-22-2014, 10:07 PM
http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130917235354/walkingdead/images/d/dd/The-walking-dead-3-the-walking-dead-24037474-500-333.jpg

Spikender
01-22-2014, 10:47 PM
I don't even know whether or not to feel sorry for this guy but...

The police shouldn't be in the biznizz of beating down people, whether they're innocent, criminals, or even scum-sucking bankers.

Fuck em.

Origanalist
01-22-2014, 10:56 PM
Officers James Nichols and John Miller gave almost word-for-word identical accounts of the May 2012 confrontation, absolving themselves of any wrongdoing.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m35krsy6yO1qhy7g3o1_r1_400.gif

Brian4Liberty
01-23-2014, 12:01 PM
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Two Los Angeles police officers denied Wednesday that they beat a former bank executive with a baton during a bizarre encounter that ended with broken bones and a $20 million lawsuit.
They described the banker Brian Mulligan as acting strangely and at one point becoming so uncontrollable that they feared he would do damage to himself or others.

"Protocol" is to subdue an uncontrollable suspect with elevating levels of violence. Why did they not follow protocol? They refused to use violence in this case?

SeanTX
01-24-2014, 07:04 PM
Just heard the verdict on KFI -- the officers are "not guilty."

Origanalist
01-24-2014, 07:33 PM
Well, this is interesting. The money boys aren't safe from the guards now.

eduardo89
01-24-2014, 07:38 PM
Those cops are such fucking pussies. If you're too scared to deal with a frothy man, don't get into that line of work.

Grubb556
01-24-2014, 07:40 PM
Does this mean the bankers will turn on the police ?

eduardo89
01-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Does this mean the bankers will turn on the police ?

I doubt the banking elite care what happens to one low-level bank employee.

puppetmaster
01-24-2014, 07:57 PM
Funny, sniffing bath salts had nothing to with his loss smell....had to be the cops...lol

Origanalist
01-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Just heard the verdict on KFI -- the officers are "not guilty."

Jury rules against banker who filed $20 million beating lawsuit against Los Angeles police

LOS ANGELES – A former banker and movie executive who said police beat him with batons in a bizarre street confrontation lost his $20 million excessive force claim on Friday against the Los Angeles Police Department.

A jury returned the verdict after hearing testimony from Brian Mulligan and the two officers who said they restrained but did not beat him. Mulligan acknowledged using a drug known as bath salts in the weeks leading up to the incident.

Mulligan said he was driven to the drug to deal with sleeping problems but denied the substance made him paranoid during the May 2012 confrontation with officers.

The officers painted a portrait of an uncontrollable man frothing at the mouth. They denied beating him with batons.

"This guy had gone crazy," Officer John Miller testified during the trial. "He'd lost his marbles. I was a bit scared. I'd never seen anybody frothing at the mouth and growling as an adult human being."

He and Officer James Nichols took the stand after lengthy testimony from Mulligan, whose excessive-force suit claims he suffered a broken nose and shoulder and other injuries along with mental torture from an unprovoked beating.

The one-time Deutsche Bank official said he had used the drug at least 20 times — but not on the night of the encounter.

Nichols, however, said Mulligan told him he had taken a type of bath salts called "White Lightning" four days earlier and hadn't slept since. He painted a portrait of a delusional man who was spotted wandering the street with wads of crumpled $100 bills falling out of his pockets.

The case played out against a backdrop of horrifying photos of Mulligan's smashed nose and face. He said he suffered multiple fractures of the nose and lost his sense of smell. He said he still suffers panic and flashbacks to the incident. An expert witness testified the injuries clearly were inflicted by a baton.

Mulligan lost his job with the bank over the incident that was highly publicized. He also had been co-chairman of Universal Pictures and chief financial officer with Seagrams Co.

A civilian oversight board found the officers' use of force to be appropriate, and a claim against the city over his lost bank job was dismissed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/24/jury-rules-against-banker-who-filed-20-million-beating-lawsuit-against-los/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fnational+%28Interna l+-+US+Latest+-+Text%29

Occam's Banana
01-24-2014, 09:16 PM
I doubt the banking elite care what happens to one low-level bank employee.

Deputy AGs aren't even safe from the system's attack dogs: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?436265-Some-Good-News

Faithful attack dogs are FAR more valuable than "dime a dozen" cog-drones like Brian Mulligan and Michael Troso ...

Brian4Liberty
01-24-2014, 09:55 PM
Collateral damage has never stopped the MIC...as a matter of fact, they often use it to their advantage.

enhanced_deficit
01-24-2014, 10:25 PM
Nichols said police later confronted Mulligan again after he was seen apparently pulling on car handles and growled when ordered to get on the ground.

Miller said he did use his baton to subdue Mulligan by slamming him on the back of his shoulder, but he said he never hit him in the face.

Well we can't have that, he did not promptly get on the ground when ordered to do so.