PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff is dropping some free market truth on the Joe Rogan Podcast

mac_hine
01-22-2014, 06:01 PM
Listen in!

http://www.ustream.tv/joerogan

update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IHU42j3evQ

mp3 download: http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/peter-schiff

dannno
01-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Oh man so glad Joe and his regular listeners are getting more education on economics. I can't wait to listen.

green73
01-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Listen in!

http://www.ustream.tv/joerogan

OMG. I wish I could have started from the beginning. I don't want to miss a second of this!

Don't know what to do. Wait for the Youtube or keep on listening. How much did I miss?

matt0611
01-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Any good so far?

Will have to wait for the tube.

mac_hine
01-22-2014, 06:12 PM
OMG. I wish I could have started from the beginning. I don't want to miss a second of this!

Don't know what to do. Wait for the Youtube or keep on listening. How much did I miss?

Just jump right in. I started listening 20 minutes ago. I'll probably listen to the entire thing again when it gets posted to Itunes.

green73
01-22-2014, 06:21 PM
I'm surprised Schiff is letting Joe get the best of him on fracking and the BP oil spill. The BP oil spill, for instance, was due to regulations--a point he didn't make!

edit:

Wow Schiff is really weak on environmental issues. Game farms in Africa help sustain species! He doesn't say this!

mac_hine
01-22-2014, 06:25 PM
I'm surprised Schiff is letting Joe get the best of him on fracking and the BP oil spill. The BP oil spill, for instance, was due to regulations--a point he didn't make!

Yeah, this isn't Peter's strength. He's getting his ass handed to him here. This is why I like Rogan's podcast.

mac_hine
01-22-2014, 06:33 PM
Oh jeeze, Peter is also weak on big pharma. :confused:

green73
01-22-2014, 06:37 PM
Yeah, this isn't Peter's strength. He's getting his ass handed to him here. This is why I like Rogan's podcast.

This is just the type of thing that will close lefties' minds off to whatever Schiff says for the rest of the podcast. They don't want to think. They look for the first thing to give them an excuse to write a guy off and close their minds back up.

green73
01-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Oh gawd.

Peter4Paul2016
01-22-2014, 06:45 PM
He's better now that he's on economics/taxes... He was getting killed @ the FDA & Fracking, lol.

mac_hine
01-22-2014, 06:45 PM
This is just the type of thing that will close lefties' minds off to whatever Schiff says for the rest of the podcast. They don't want to think. They look for the first thing to give them an excuse to write a guy off and close their minds back up.

Yeah, but Peter is also coming across badly in some ways. He's not arguing his position all that well, and he's also coming across as a right wing partisan. He's great when it comes to economics, very meh with other issues. I'd love to see Ron Paul, Lew Rockwell, or Tom Woods, or Jeff Tucker on Joe's podcast. They're all better read, and wouldn't come across as crass as Peter.

Peter4Paul2016
01-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Plus he's very manic, not coming across as very sure of himself, a bit squeamish and whiny... Joe's not giving him any wiggle room on anything. Very interesting podcast!

green73
01-22-2014, 07:00 PM
Yeah, but Peter is also coming across badly in some ways. He's not arguing his position all that well, and he's also coming across as a right wing partisan. He's great when it comes to economics, very meh with other issues. I'd love to see Ron Paul, Lew Rockwell, or Tom Woods, or Jeff Tucker on Joe's podcast. They're all better read, and wouldn't come across as crass as Peter.

Definitely. I'd love to seem them on, but what are the odds of that? I'm really surprised by Schiff. And disappointed. I was under the impression that he was a master debater. Obviously not.

HOLLYWOOD
01-22-2014, 07:16 PM
Exactly what Peter communicated as one of the many created government problems... Plus, government is never held accountable for their disasters, inefficiencies, costs, inflation, etc .

Nancy Pelosi Wants to Raise Minimum Wage, but Pays Her Interns Nothing (VIDEO)
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/15576/ by College Fix Staff (http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/author/sfpa-staff/) on December 9, 2013

Democrats who insisted on minimum-wage laws refuse to pay interns
http://dailycaller.com/2010/04/19/democrats-who-insisted-on-minimum-wage-laws-refuse-to-pay-interns/

Warlord
01-22-2014, 07:24 PM
Peter is dropping TRUTH BOMBS...

hardrightedge
01-22-2014, 07:25 PM
I'm going to listen to this later...

They're both full of shit, but entertaining...

HOLLYWOOD
01-22-2014, 07:37 PM
Schiff is drinking Jack Daniels on the rocks. :D

This is a great exchange, because Joe is playing Devil's Advocate... Glad they covered Social Security and Defense BS spending/PONZI in detail.

Covering Constitution, Gold, Silver, and the counterfeited FIAT toiler paper money of the FEDERAL RESERVE.

The dollar, half-dollar, quarter, and ten-cent coin denominations were originally produced from precious metals (gold and silver). Reeded edges were eventually incorporated into the design of these denominations to deter counterfeiting and the fraudulent use of the coins, such as filing down the edges in an attempt to recover the precious metals.

HOLLYWOOD
01-22-2014, 08:00 PM
Okay... someone there is reading this thread... Peter covering the ridges/reeded sizes of coins and why I posted.... LOL!

green73
01-22-2014, 08:18 PM
It was good starting from a bit before Schiff got on the bourbon. Don't know what an impact it will have on lefties, but it's obvious Joe is a truthseeker, and I love him 100% for that. Hope he continues on his journey. I'm confident he will.

Ekrub
01-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Been a while since I've been here but I thought I'd drop in as I just heard Schiff on Rogan's podcast. He did okay. Definitely not strong on his environmental arguments and the FDA.

Cutlerzzz
01-22-2014, 08:28 PM

It was good starting from a bit before Schiff got on the bourbon. Don't know what an impact it will have on lefties, but it's obvious Joe is a truthseeker, and I love him 100% for that. Hope he continues on his journey. I'm confident he will.

It's a shame it wasnt Tucker. That dude drinks Bourbon for Breakfast. He would have easily held his own.

Bastiat's The Law
01-23-2014, 02:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IHU42j3evQ

fearthereaperx
01-23-2014, 04:08 AM
Been a while since I've been here but I thought I'd drop in as I just heard Schiff on Rogan's podcast. He did okay. Definitely not strong on his environmental arguments and the FDA.

Well, he was a lot stronger on his FDA arguments than fracking arguments, that's for sure. He should've called Rogan out specifically on some of those myths. Especially, considering he labled himself a 'fracker' and goes to N. Dakota for business and checks up on his wells. Lol.

sluggo
01-23-2014, 06:39 AM
The fracking argument was a little annoying. Joe Rogan thinks he's an expert because he watched Gasland. Schiff should have just said, "Joe, I'll have to do more research on that before I can comment."

fearthereaperx
01-23-2014, 06:51 AM
The fracking argument was a little annoying. Joe Rogan thinks he's an expert because he watched Gasland. Schiff should have just said, "Joe, I'll have to do more research on that before I can comment."

Nope peter dug his own grave on the fracking debate when he pushed the idea out there that he was in the fracking business. He should've known better and already have researched facts just out of the inherent nature of his business dealings.

sluggo
01-23-2014, 06:54 AM
Nope peter dug his own grave on the fracking debate when he pushed the idea out there that he was in the fracking business. He should've known better and already have researched facts just out of the inherent nature of his business dealings.

I don't think either one of them came off well during the interview.

Warlord
01-23-2014, 07:07 AM
Schiff was great as usual IMHO. I didnt see it all though/.

jct74
01-23-2014, 10:03 AM
here is the mp3 download, you can check out some of the comments too:

http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/peter-schiff

TheBlackPeterSchiff
01-23-2014, 11:27 AM
I used to like Schiff a lot (obviously, see the name) but my appetite for him has gone. I like him and he has made some great arguements for liberty, I love his willingness to pretty much debate anyone. I mean, the guy walked into the heart of the Occupy Movement with a sign saying "I am the 1%, Lets Talk" LOL. But lets be honest, his knowlege on things beyond stocks/economics/policy/regulations are pretty limited. I'll always love the guy though because he had the biggest influence on me as far and drawing me into the liberty movement initially.

Bastiat's The Law
01-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Joe is so in need of Tom Woods to educate him point by point on each one of these matters it hurts.

jllundqu
01-23-2014, 11:35 AM
Not only is Rogan a badass martial artist, a freaking hilarious comedian (his destruction of hecklers is legendary), he is also about 100% in line with my way of thinking on all things of importance in the world...

It's official.... man-crush on Joe Rogan. Don't tell my wife.

NewRightLibertarian
01-23-2014, 12:05 PM
Not only is Rogan a badass martial artist, a freaking hilarious comedian (his destruction of hecklers is legendary), he is also about 100% in line with my way of thinking on all things of importance in the world...

I like Joe Rogan but he came off like a douchebag in this interview. He needs to cram it with his Gaian holistic new agey bullshit.

enhanced_deficit
01-23-2014, 12:07 PM
Now that Iran attack war season seems to be ending, Peter Schiff can be hot again on financial predictions.

Bastiat's The Law
01-23-2014, 12:53 PM

He came off completely ignorant and a religious environmentalist.

ctiger2
01-23-2014, 01:02 PM
The podcast was great. What really stood out was Rogan and Govt regulations. Joe doesn't trust human beings to voluntary interact in a marketplace of goods and services. It's bizarre because we have the biggest Govt in world history, the most regulations in world history and things are completely fucked up in the economy. The BP disaster happened under strict EPA Federal regulations. Also, Govt limited the liability BP would face in the event of a disaster. The free market would've required BP to pay even more than they did. What, are you going to pile on more regulations that don't work? Get rid of the EPA and BP would drill where it's easier/safer to get oil. If that means it's in pristine environment we're not willing to risk a disaster, then don't allow them to drill there. ...and pay higher gas prices. There's always a cost/benefit analysis to be done.

mac_hine
01-23-2014, 06:59 PM

He absolutely did not. Peter was making weak arguments and got called out for them. If Schiff did a better job of articulating how a free market could self regulate the environment maybe the debate would have gone differently.

mac_hine
01-23-2014, 07:02 PM
In this interview Jeff Tucker does an outstanding job articulating the freedom philosophy. I wish there was a way we could get him on Rogan's podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZTbZdxQgXA

Madison320
01-23-2014, 07:45 PM

I only saw the first half but that was my impression also. I like Rogan but he seemed like the typical person that claims they are for individual liberty until you get specific. He's for liberty but he thinks the people should have a license to cut hair. I thought Schiff did a really good job, I don't understand the criticism here. Rogan was questioning him fast and furious and I thought Schiff was cool under the pressure. I thought Rogan did a good job too, I just didn't agree with him.

jtstellar
01-23-2014, 07:56 PM
ya a grown ass man doesn't know jack shit and it's peter fault for not demonstrating it more clearly to him.. lmao.. knew i've been speaking to 18 year old retards

joe rogan is the type of ron paul supporter people now blame rand for dropping out, give me a fucking break it's more like identity crisis liberals rediscovering themselves

mac_hine
01-23-2014, 08:05 PM
ya a grown ass man doesn't know jack shit and it's peter fault for not demonstrating it more clearly to him.. lmao.. knew i've been speaking to 18 year old retards

joe rogan is the type of ron paul supporter people now blame rand for dropping out, give me a fucking break it's more like identity crisis liberals rediscovering themselves

That was such an incredibly fucking ignorant statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl2JQfxnnHU

Bastiat's The Law
01-24-2014, 12:23 PM
He absolutely did not. Peter was making weak arguments and got called out for them. If Schiff did a better job of articulating how a free market could self regulate the environment maybe the debate would have gone differently.

When you watch one documentary and then think you're an expert on whatever that subject matter is it's a huge pet-peeve of mine. Rogan did this with the fracking documentary "Gasland". Suddenly he's seen all there is and rails against it like a rabid religious environmentalist. You think things are economically bad now, imagine how bad they would be if we had no domestic drilling taking place. That's the one lone bright spot going for us.

Bastiat's The Law
01-24-2014, 12:29 PM

Rogan is just a guy who's smart enough to know he hasn't pieced it all together....and mixed in with that is some inner 60s hippy. Rogan has had Molynuex and now Schiff as a podcast guest. He should have started with an educator, like Tom Woods, that could explain everything at a base level with historical context.

Peter4Paul2016
01-27-2014, 08:53 AM
I'm a huge fan of both Rogan $ Schiff, which is why watching them spar made it such a good podcast... Here's a link for those who came in late-

http://goldsilverinvestments.net/peter-schiff-on-joe-rogan-experience-discussing-everything-from-gold-austrian-economics-to-bitcoin-fracking/

green73
01-27-2014, 09:02 AM
That was such an incredibly fucking ignorant statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl2JQfxnnHU

He's a vile POS which is why I have him on ignore.

XTreat
01-27-2014, 11:26 AM
\\

dannno
02-02-2014, 12:39 AM
Joe: So.......you're a fracker?

ROFL!!

dannno
02-02-2014, 01:02 AM
Joe: If you're smoking pot you're not fracking, they're two different things.

ROFL!!

kcchiefs6465
02-02-2014, 09:36 AM
It's a good debate. So much negativity that I almost didn't watch. Sure, Schiff misses a few swings, or doesn't say something I think he should say, or that he could say. Then again, I'm not the one debating Joe Rogan on his Podcast. I have the luxury of sitting here, under no stress, and considering how to respond.

I think overall Schiff did a good job. From the comments I was expecting him to tank. I'm an hour and a half in and he's holding his own. All things considered.

kcchiefs6465
02-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Joe Rogan: The Department of Energy. So they're useless?
Peter Schiff: They're worse than useless. Useless would be an improvement.

Bastiat's The Law
02-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Joe Rogan: The Department of Energy. So they're useless?
Peter Schiff: They're worse than useless. Useless would be an improvement.

I love Peter LOL.

nbruno322
02-02-2014, 05:46 PM
That was the longest Schiff interview I've ever listened...but it was well worth it.

Bastiat's The Law
02-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Now we need to push to get Tom Woods on the podcast.

dillo
02-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Peter Schiff got made fun of on the daily show earlier this week, it was pretty bad.

John F Kennedy III
10-06-2016, 08:09 AM
I just listened to this podcast. Schiff missed some spots where he could have been more specific. I didn't like the fracking segment. As soon as Schiff said he profits from fracking Rogan got all emotional and wouldn't let Schiff finish a sentence before interrupting.