PDA

View Full Version : Survey: Trust in US Govt Plummets

DamianTV
01-22-2014, 04:37 PM
http://www.presstv.com/detail/2014/01/22/347050/survey-trust-in-us-government-plummets/

Only 37 percent of college-educated adults say they trust US politicians, down 16 percent compared to the previous year, the survey by the Edelman Berland research firm found.

One reason for dramatic decline in Americans’ trust is due to the government’s inability to fix the economy, said Richard Edelman, head of US public relations firm Edelman, which commissioned the study.

"In 2008 and 2009, it was a case of government to the rescue and everybody said government saved the day. That raised expectations - but then you get crushed," he told Reuters.

Confidence in President Barack Obama also has dropped in recent months following the budget impasse that led to a shutdown of the government in October, the crisis over spying revelations by former US contractor Edward Snowden and glitches in the new federal healthcare website.

"There is almost despair in some aspects of government. How does a computer system not work for healthcare? That is just a competence question," Edelman said.

A Gallup poll on Wednesday also found that Americans' confidence in the economy has slipped during the past two weeks.

“The recent dip in Americans' economic confidence is likely related to the federal government reporting the weakest job growth in three years for the month of December and a declining unemployment rate, which possibly signals that disgruntled job seekers are dropping out of the labor force,” Gallup said.

A 16% drop in a year is huge by anyones standards. But then again, what do you expect when your Govt behaves in a manner that indicates they are NOT Trustworthy?

HOLLYWOOD
01-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Partisans & Morons =>
Only 37 percent of college-educated adultshttp://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/funny-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif
say they trust US politicians

Red Green
01-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Some people are slower to catch on than the rest of us, but at least they're getting there....

tod evans
01-22-2014, 05:23 PM
Gotta wonder if the extra years of indoctrination cause dain-brammage........

Dogsoldier
01-22-2014, 07:12 PM
I call BS on these polls....I don't know anyone that trusts government. ...First thing....I wanna meet these "people" that say they trust government because I don't believe they exist...

DamianTV
01-22-2014, 07:15 PM
I call BS on these polls....I don't know anyone that trusts government. ...First thing....I wanna meet these "people" that say they trust government because I don't believe they exist...

I've met em. Theyre the Mitt Romney crowd. After having met them, I kind of wish I hadnt.

Root
01-22-2014, 08:08 PM
I have some Obombya supporter friends who not only trust the government, they think it's run efficiently.

enhanced_deficit
01-22-2014, 11:46 PM
It is still too high.. but not surprised that is falling sharply. Look at majority of senators, house members and SWC drone bag. Mostly tools and political prostitutes/slaves.

ZENemy
01-23-2014, 01:09 AM

oh yee of little faith, witness the faith. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrIDHNqUTPM

RickyJ
01-23-2014, 01:35 AM
I've met em. Theyre the Mitt Romney crowd. After having met them, I kind of wish I hadnt.

They don't trust the government, they just trust certain Republicans. They trust the government only when their party has control. :D They think their guys are good and the other guys are bad when in reality they both suck!

DamianTV
01-23-2014, 02:05 AM
They don't trust the government, they just trust certain Republicans. They trust the government only when their party has control. :D They think their guys are good and the other guys are bad when in reality they both suck!

Gullibility has it uses for each party. As long as the gullibility remains, the charade will continue.

Anti Federalist
01-23-2014, 02:10 AM
Gullibility has it uses for each party. As long as the gullibility remains, the charade will continue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

Teenager For Ron Paul
01-23-2014, 02:12 AM
37 percent sounds really high...