PDA

View Full Version : Homeland Security Questions Man for Wearing Google Glass in Movie Theater

Origanalist
01-22-2014, 11:08 AM
Managers of an AMC theater in Ohio contacted the MPAA -- which in turn called in the DHS -- after a man was wrongly suspected of attempting to pirate "Jack Ryan" over the weekend.

A man who wore the high-tech device to an AMC theater in Ohio over the weekend says he was pulled from the screening and interrogated by agents from The Department of Homeland Security for an hour.

"About an hour into the movie (Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit), a guy comes near my seat, shoves a badge that had some sort of a shield on it, yanks the Google Glass off my face and says, 'Follow me outside immediately,'" the man told The Gadgeteer. "It was quite embarrassing and outside of the theater there were about five to 10 cops and mall cops.

Since I didn’t catch his name in the dark of the theater, I asked to see his badge again and I asked what was the problem and I asked for my Glass back. The response was 'you see all these cops you know we are legit, we are with the ‘federal service’ and you have been caught illegally taping the movie.'"

An AMC spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter that theater managers at AMC Easton 30 in Columbus, Ohio, contacted the MPAA, as is policy when someone is suspected of movie piracy. The MPAA, in turn, contacted Homeland Security, which has a hand in investigating piracy.

cont....http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/homeland-security-questions-man-wearing-673056

AuH20
01-22-2014, 11:36 AM
They really have nothing better to do?

Thor
01-22-2014, 11:47 AM
See something, say something, comrade!

PRB
01-22-2014, 11:52 AM
he was on private property, the theatre owners had every right to call any bully they wanted, nobody was forcing him to stay in the theatre.

Specifically in this case, theatre owners agreed with MPAA to enforce piracy protection, it's a voluntary contract between the theatre and the movie distributors.

ZENemy
01-22-2014, 11:54 AM
lol, homeland security is going to be unleashed on us in a way that nobody can possibly imagine.

People will hold signs while they get ran over by DHS MRAPS and they will still be voting once they get out of the hospital.

ZENemy
01-22-2014, 11:55 AM
he was on private property, the theatre owners had every right to call any bully they wanted, nobody was forcing him to stay in the theatre.

Specifically in this case, theatre owners agreed with MPAA to enforce piracy protection, it's a voluntary contract between the theatre and the movie distributors.

Could you provide proof that he was actually recording the movie ?

Google Glass
Kyle Bastien
Managers of an AMC theater in Ohio contacted the MPAA -- which in turn called in the DHS -- after a man was wrongly suspected of attempting to pirate "Jack Ryan" over the weekend.

I guess it's pretty clear at this point that Homeland Security isn't about fighting terrorism; it's a federalized police force whose purpose is to control regular citizens. They did little more than harass and intimidate the man but it's still a "guilty until proven innocent" type of scenario. The seizure and search of his Google Glass device seems to run afoul of his 4th Amendment rights.

Bern
01-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Did they arrest him for being a hipster?

PRB
01-22-2014, 12:18 PM
Could you provide proof that he was actually recording the movie ?
No, nor would I need to, my theater, my rules, or whoever's rules I've agreed to enforce.

PRB
01-22-2014, 12:19 PM
Did they arrest him for being a hipster?

probably should've, would've been much more socially acceptable.

Philhelm
01-22-2014, 12:23 PM
Wearing Google Glasses to a Jack Ryan CIA movie is akin to wearing a Stormtrooper costume to a Star Wars movie.

ZENemy
01-22-2014, 12:25 PM
No, nor would I need to, my theater, my rules, or whoever's rules I've agreed to enforce.

Where in the rules is Google glass forbidden? Can you highlight them for me?

Also, in this private theater of yours, would you not think it more wise to have an usher ask him to remove the glasses instead of assuming guilt and calling a federally paid for police force?

Google glass as it sits currently cannot record a movie over 45 minutes, he was not even capable of pirating an entire film.

Philhelm
01-22-2014, 12:28 PM
If I were to watch a movie, and later close my eyes and recall the movie in my head, scene for scene, would I be violating IP laws? Could it be argued that one's eyes, in conjunction with the brain, are a form of biological camera?

HOLLYWOOD
01-22-2014, 12:28 PM
They HAVE TO justify their budgets and paychecks... this is just another avenue of tyranny, as the state manifests upon itself for bigger/larger control and power. Tyranny comes to your local movie theater thanks to Washington DC prostitutes selling out America for campaign donations and careerist sociopaths... Who wouldof thunk? ...Well, again, the brilliant founders knew exactly what would happen.

This MPAA lobbyist-scumbag-corruptocrat is laughing all the way to the bank... Chris Dodd

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/Chris_Dodd_MPAA_Chief.jpg

ZENemy
01-22-2014, 12:29 PM
If I were to watch a movie, and later close my eyes and recall the movie in my head, scene for scene, would I be violating IP laws? Could it be argued that one's eyes, in conjunction with the brain, are a form of biological camera?

When I was a kid, I literally memorized some episodes of The Simpsons and used to watch them every night before I went to sleep. I could actually make it to the entire episode before falling asleep.

LOCK ME UP!!!!!!!!!

Origanalist
01-22-2014, 12:30 PM

The subject is not about the theater owner enforcing rules, it's about the NSA getting involved with a guy wearing google glasses at a movie. The owners are free to demand he take them off, exit the theater or whatever.

Anti Federalist
01-22-2014, 12:36 PM

Also, in this private theater of yours, would you not think it more wise to have an usher ask him to remove the glasses instead of assuming guilt and calling a federally paid for police force?

Google glass as it sits currently cannot record a movie over 45 minutes, he was not even capable of pirating an entire film.

Doesn't matter...

"Hang him, shoot him, disembowel him...my place my rules...muwhahahahah!!!"

I don't know who I hate more here...the asshole trendy with the Screwgle spyware, the asshole FedCoat cop, the asshole that turned this poor bastard in, or the asshole theater manager.

http://img.pandawhale.com/80057-eddie-murphy-fuck-you-gif-Imgu-bD0x.gif

ZENemy
01-22-2014, 12:38 PM
Doesn't matter...

I don't know who I hate more here...the asshole trendy with the Screwgle spyware, the asshole FedCoat cop, the asshole that turned this poor bastard in, or the asshole theater manager.

http://img.pandawhale.com/80057-eddie-murphy-fuck-you-gif-Imgu-bD0x.gif

lol

PRB
01-22-2014, 12:42 PM
The subject is not about the theater owner enforcing rules

Yeah it is, because if they didn't make the call, none of this would happen.

PRB
01-22-2014, 12:46 PM
When I was a kid, I literally memorized some episodes of The Simpsons and used to watch them every night before I went to sleep. I could actually make it to the entire episode before falling asleep.

LOCK ME UP!!!!!!!!!

Memorizing is not illegal, the fact you can do something most people can't is precisely why it's not part of prohibited means of retention and reproduction. such regulations and rules specificially target easily accessible technology which are efficient in reproducing information.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-22-2014, 12:49 PM
PRB is a security guard.

Origanalist
01-22-2014, 12:56 PM
PRB is a security guard.

He sounds more like a lawyer.

ZENemy
01-22-2014, 01:00 PM
Memorizing is not illegal, the fact you can do something most people can't is precisely why it's not part of prohibited means of retention and reproduction. such regulations and rules specificially target easily accessible technology which are efficient in reproducing information.

Wearing glasses that cannot record an entire movie, that are prescription (he needs them to see the movie he paid for) is not illegal either, but still, the DHS was there and he was questioned as if he broke the law. There is no such law stating google glass can not be worn, there is no such policy existing in AMC's policy either.

What really happened is, someone snitched, the manager then also snitched and everyone, including the FEDS assumed GUILT and not innocence leading to violence (ripping glasses of his face) this should bother you.

There is no google glass policy that I can find.

You may want to run your theater this way, and you would of course lose many of your customers (in a true, free market) but I wouldn't. It would be the equivalent of running down and tackling a shoplifter whom I assume (I had a gut feeling, he looked weird) has stolen but did not actually see a theft take place.

Usher: Are you using those to record?
Dude: No sir, I need these to watch the movie as they are prescription.
Usher: Just to let you know, recording and piracy is a crime and we, AMC, will not hesitate to prosecute movie pirates to the full extend of the law"
Dude: ok, thanks.

Done. An example of a simple way to end this.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-22-2014, 01:01 PM
He sounds more like a lawyer.

There's no way he'd pass a law school entrance exam. His best is a low B in criminal justice class.

WM_in_MO
When I worked at a theater we just asked people to leave, if they didnt go the first time we got the cops to arrest them for trespassing.

DHS for a possible pirating of a movie? We've gone full nazi retard.

qh4dotcom
This incident begs this question.

Is there any member of this forum who still goes to the movies to watch a bunch of Obama supporters in front of a camera pretending to be someone that they are not?

Brian4Liberty
01-22-2014, 01:05 PM
"Homeland Security". What a joke. Going to flea markets to bust up t-shirt vendors and harassing a dude wearing Google glasses at a movie.

"IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN! 9/11! 9/11!!!"

Philhelm

What if technology were to progress as such that implants within the eye could capture digital recordings?

Origanalist
When I worked at a theater we just asked people to leave, if they didnt go the first time we got the cops to arrest them for trespassing.

100%

Philhelm
01-22-2014, 01:06 PM

Exactly.

otherone
01-22-2014, 01:07 PM

You seem to be implying that one's Rights get waived, without notice or consent, when one is on someone else's private property?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-22-2014, 01:10 PM
PRB left. What a surprise. I already busted his ass with another user name.

ZENemy
01-22-2014, 01:10 PM
What if technology were to progress as such that implants within the eye could capture digital recordings?

RIP OUT YOUR EYES!

Brian4Liberty
01-22-2014, 01:17 PM

LibertyEagle
01-22-2014, 01:26 PM
This is where competition should come into play. Another theatre could use this incident as a selling point for their own establishment. ie. We may ask you to remove your Google glasses, but we won't call the feds on you for wearing them.

PRB
01-22-2014, 01:29 PM

good question, what if people didn't consent to being recorded? You seem to think of this issue only in terms of piracy and not privacy.

pcosmar
01-22-2014, 01:29 PM
PRB is a security guard.

Gecko45?

PRB
01-22-2014, 01:32 PM
This is where competition should come into play. Another theatre could use this incident as a selling point for their own establishment. ie. We may ask you to remove your Google glasses, but we won't call the feds on you for wearing them.

Only if it's not MPAA policy, which is the de facto monopoly on movie supply.

PRB
01-22-2014, 01:34 PM
PRB left. What a surprise. I already busted his ass with another user name.

no you didn't, you've said it many times, but you haven't.

PRB
01-22-2014, 01:43 PM
You seem to be implying that one's Rights get waived, without notice or consent, when one is on someone else's private property?

not without notice or consent

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-22-2014, 01:44 PM

Uh, yeah you were busted. You didn't even bother to change your writing styles among your user names. The syntax and punctuation were practically identical.

How's work going? Slow day?

Dr.3D
01-22-2014, 01:49 PM
Just what does copyright violation have to do with Homeland Security?
Sounds more like something local law enforcement should be taking care of.

otherone
01-22-2014, 01:53 PM
..found it...

United States Department of Homeland Security

Federal Emergency Management Agency
FEMA Corps
U.S. Fire Administration
National Flood Insurance Program
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
Transportation Security Administration
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
United States Coast Guard (Transfers to Department of Defense during declared war or national emergency)
Coast Guard Intelligence
National Ice Center
United States Ice Patrol
United States Customs and Border Protection
Office of Air and Marine
Office of Border Patrol
Office of SHUT THE FUCK UP, THAT'S WHY
U.S. Border Patrol
Border Patrol Intelligence
Office of Field Operations
United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement
United States Secret Service
Secret Service Intelligence Service

Danke
01-22-2014, 01:57 PM

A man who wore the high-tech device to an AMC theater in Ohio over the weekend says he was pulled from the screening and interrogated by agents from The Department of Homeland Security for an hour.

"About an hour into the movie (Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit), a guy comes near my seat, shoves a badge that had some sort of a shield on it, yanks the Google Glass off my face and says, 'Follow me outside immediately,'" the man told The Gadgeteer. "It was quite embarrassing and outside of the theater there were about five to 10 cops and mall cops.

Since I didn’t catch his name in the dark of the theater, I asked to see his badge again and I asked what was the problem and I asked for my Glass back. The response was 'you see all these cops you know we are legit, we are with the ‘federal service’ and you have been caught illegally taping the movie.'"

An AMC spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter that theater managers at AMC Easton 30 in Columbus, Ohio, contacted the MPAA, as is policy when someone is suspected of movie piracy. The MPAA, in turn, contacted Homeland Security, which has a hand in investigating piracy.

cont....http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/homeland-security-questions-man-wearing-673056

And yet after all that you are still posting here.

Shame.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-22-2014, 02:19 PM
Gecko45?

I remember that user name from a different forum. Maybe he made the rounds here too? Heh.

Students like this are generally smart alecks who don't even understand how they are planting a bad seed in themselves. People like our resident troll might want to learn that there is no value in doing something like ripping glasses off someone's face or other similar acts. There was no added benefit in doing that. A punk will carry around that attitude thinking it is okay. One day he will win a stupid prize for playing a stupid game.

Brian4Liberty
01-22-2014, 02:20 PM
http://reason.com/blog/2014/01/22/google-glass-user-interrogated-by-dhs-on

Before getting too bothered by the following, remember 1) there is nowhere for the federal government to cut spending and 2) the Department of Homeland Security is saving our lives from terrorism and their expense and methods shouldn't be questioned too hard.

pcosmar
01-22-2014, 02:31 PM
aside from the fact that neither Homeland Security (heel click) or the MAPP should exist,,,

What are the chances that this is a publicity stunt?

Anti Federalist
01-22-2014, 03:02 PM
aside from the fact that neither Homeland Security (heel click) or the MAPP should exist,,,

Could be...either that, or we're so far gone that DHS has rapid response teams ready to hut hut into action the minute they get called by a squeaky voiced teenager running the nightwatch at The Aztec.

God help us if it's the latter.

Natural Citizen
01-22-2014, 03:18 PM

So then "Homeland Security" serves as the private police force for industries and special interests? "Homeland"...wtf is that anyhow?

One thing is certain, Industrial Age logic is struggling to remain relevant in the Information Age. And they require a socialized police force to do it.This is basically suppressing innovation.

Occam's Banana
01-22-2014, 03:58 PM
To hell with all the other static. This right here is the "money shot":

The MPAA [...] contacted Homeland Security, which has a hand in investigating piracy.

Trigger-happy transit cops serving warrants ...
US military on training exercises with local LE ...
D-of-goddam-HS steppin' & fetchin' for the MPAA ...

... welcome to the United Police State of America.

PRB
01-22-2014, 04:25 PM

MPAA is a completely voluntary organization by private parties.

PRB
01-22-2014, 04:26 PM
So then "Homeland Security" serves as the private police force for industries and special interests? "Homeland"...wtf is that anyhow?

One thing is certain, Industrial Age logic is struggling to remain relevant in the Information Age. And they require a socialized police force to do it.This is basically suppressing innovation.

It's not special interest or private force when there's an actual law behind it.

PRB
01-22-2014, 04:26 PM
Uh, yeah you were busted. You didn't even bother to change your writing styles among your user names. The syntax and punctuation were practically identical.

you can't even tell me who you think I am, much less prove it. Work is fine, not slow, but I find time to post.

PRB
01-22-2014, 04:29 PM

my guess is, they're the same people investigating counterfeit, online crime, child porn, online gambling..etc.

http://www.stopfakes.gov/us-gov-agencies/us-immigration-and-customs-enforcement-ice-and-homeland-security-investigations-hsi

ZENemy
01-22-2014, 04:32 PM

yea and?

He said they shouldn't exist, what does that have to do with them being private or public?

WM_in_MO
01-22-2014, 04:34 PM
You know it's the latter.
Could be...either that, or we're so far gone that DHS has rapid response teams ready to hut hut into action the minute they get called by a squeaky voiced teenager running the nightwatch at The Aztec.

God help us if it's the latter.

ZENemy
01-22-2014, 04:36 PM
my guess is, they're the same people investigating counterfeit, online crime, child porn, online gambling..etc.

http://www.stopfakes.gov/us-gov-agencies/us-immigration-and-customs-enforcement-ice-and-homeland-security-investigations-hsi

DHS can just stop by the Pentagon.

Pentagon lagged on pursuing porn cases

The Pentagon’s investigation of defense and intelligence employees who downloaded child pornography is being criticized in Congress after the Department of Defense acknowledged that its investigators failed to check thoroughly whether its employees were on a list of suspected porn viewers.

In 2006, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, which conducts Internet pornography investigations, produced a list of 5,200 Pentagon employees suspected of viewing child pornography and asked the Pentagon to review it. But the Pentagon checked only about two-thirds of the names, unearthing roughly 300 defense and intelligence employees who allegedly had viewed child pornography on their work or home computers.

The defense investigators failed to check an additional 1,700 names on the list, defense officials have revealed in correspondence with Senator Charles Grassley, Republican of Iowa.

VIDEODROME
01-22-2014, 04:45 PM

I'm not sure lowly theater workers had any idea how MPAA would respond.

otherone
01-22-2014, 04:46 PM

http://artimuses.be/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/2013-08-20_Defining.jpg

Dr.3D
01-22-2014, 04:52 PM
DHS = Gestapo of the current United States

VIDEODROME
01-22-2014, 04:52 PM
I want to start a mobile Google Glass theater club. There would be no cinema screen.

Just people in bleacher seats staring while they watch on-demand video movie streams on the Glass.

tod evans
01-22-2014, 05:01 PM

This might be his "job"............On our dime.:mad:

heavenlyboy34
01-22-2014, 05:03 PM
Doesn't matter...

The pro-IP is cheering you on now, I can hear it-even over all the Freedom(TM), I can hear it! :eek:

pcosmar
01-22-2014, 05:07 PM

It's not special interest or private force when there's an actual law behind it.

Whooosh-----------------------------

Natural Citizen
01-22-2014, 05:08 PM

Do you support the Trans Pacific Partnership agreement then? I mean, it's basically the same concept. Private corporations getting together and writing the laws. MPAA is one of the players in that as I recall. Doesn't appear that the people or their representatives are even privy to the proceedings.

pcosmar
01-22-2014, 05:09 PM
"Homeland"...wtf is that anyhow?

"Fatherland" and "Motherland" were taken.

Natural Citizen
01-22-2014, 05:13 PM

I thought Nazi Germany was where this term was derived. Am I wrong about that?

Origanalist
01-22-2014, 05:17 PM

Motherland was Russian.

PRB
01-22-2014, 05:17 PM
Whooosh-----------------------------

we're talking about 2 different things

MPAA is a voluntary organization, they didn't invent copyright protection and enforcement, the enforcemnet is a matter of law that predated them, as well as anybody who benefits from it.

heavenlyboy34
01-22-2014, 05:20 PM

2/23 is Defender of the Fatherland Day in Russia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_holidays_in_Russia#Defender_of_the_Fatherla nd_Day

otherone

Hmmm.
Instead of Deutschland, we could go for Doucheland?

PRB
Do you support the Trans Pacific Partnership agreement then? I mean, it's basically the same concept. Private corporations getting together and writing the laws. MPAA is one of the players in that as I recall. Doesn't appear that the people or their representatives are even privy to the proceedings.

MPAA represents copyright owners, nobody is forced to join, nobody is forced to buy or do business with said owners. Either you recognize copyright as a protected property, or you don't. MPAA is not law, it's an organization, copyright law was not invented by them. Copyright laws are enacted, like any other laws, by Congress.

heavenlyboy34
01-22-2014, 05:21 PM
Motherland was Russian.

At what point in history? IDR that.

Natural Citizen
01-22-2014, 05:24 PM
MPAA represents copyright owners, nobody is forced to join, nobody is forced to buy or do business with said owners. Either you recognize copyright as a protected property, or you don't. MPAA is not law, it's an organization, copyright law was not invented by them. Copyright laws are enacted, like any other laws, by Congress.

Yeah, I know how all of that works. So, what about my question...

heavenlyboy34
01-22-2014, 05:25 PM

The MPAA lobbies congress regularly on behalf of corporate interests in Big Entertainment. Big biz and Big gov'ment getting together to make your life harder, as in every fascist/quasi-fascist society.

PRB
01-22-2014, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I know how all of that works. So, what about my question...

I don't support anybody other than Congress writing laws.

PRB
01-22-2014, 05:26 PM
The MPAA lobbies congress regularly on behalf of corporate interests in Big Entertainment. Big biz and Big gov'ment getting together to make your life harder, as in every fascist/quasi-fascist society.

they can't force you to use or buy their products, nobody has had his life made harder by not using another's copyrighted material or derivative works thereof, EVER.

jmdrake
01-22-2014, 05:26 PM

So now we know why cops are shooting people in theaters for texting. People who are texting in theaters could be part of a terrorist plot to pirate movies to fund Al Qaeda.

jmdrake
01-22-2014, 05:29 PM
They really have nothing better to do?

That's nothing new. Back in 2004 Homeland inSecurity raided a toy store because of alleged Rubiks Cube knockoffs.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/homeland-security-keeping-us-safe-from-rubiks-cube-knockoffs/

otherone
01-22-2014, 05:35 PM
That's nothing new. Back in 2004 Homeland inSecurity raided a toy store because of alleged Rubiks Cube knockoffs.

At least they're protecting their constituents.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkO4SP8INxv0AlCqqhHIEDwuy3g5RcR aEKIVkOfmN5G6zkFY1t6Q

specsaregood
01-22-2014, 05:45 PM

I thought that as well and I think that would be the default reaction by any theatre manager; which leads me to believe there was some other motive. I bet there is some type of reward or kickback involved for helping catch people doing the recordings in theatres.

Origanalist
01-22-2014, 05:46 PM
At what point in history? IDR that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Russia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Motherland_Calls

https://www.facebook.com/ForumOfSovietMotherland

twomp
01-22-2014, 05:50 PM
I'm guessing the local police were too busy killing dogs?

idiom
01-22-2014, 06:59 PM

Rights are restrictions on government. Without a government you have no 'rights'.

silverhandorder
01-22-2014, 07:01 PM
Lol prb such a loser. This stuff is like gay rights. 10 years from now we won't have copyrights.

otherone
01-22-2014, 07:02 PM

http://04varvara.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/02pa-soviet-army-memorial-volgograd-the-mother-motherland-calls-mamayev-kurgan.jpg

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-22-2014, 07:10 PM
you can't even tell me who you think I am, much less prove it. Work is fine, not slow, but I find time to post.

I already did back in December. It was when all the college troll boys were posting on Christmas break. I gave you the user names and even showed you the similarity in syntax and punctuation for both users.

Very interesting though. You study this kind of thing and can't even figure out that you're pretty much giving yourself away in these replies. Sort of like this reply. Can you figure it out how that works, hot shot, or do you have the real world experience yet?

dillo
01-22-2014, 07:12 PM
Was he actually pirating the movie?

After an hour of questioning, agents plugged his Google Glass into a computer and found he had not been attempting to pirate the movie.

waste of fucking time and money

Origanalist
01-22-2014, 07:18 PM
http://04varvara.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/02pa-soviet-army-memorial-volgograd-the-mother-motherland-calls-mamayev-kurgan.jpg

http://api.ning.com/files/DhQskuInzSMzdXEadgFyr8XjuZJQ79fSKieLAlPhTN0_/IdoitformotherRussia.jpg

ZENemy
01-22-2014, 07:21 PM

After an hour of questioning, agents plugged his Google Glass into a computer and found he had not been attempting to pirate the movie.

He was not.

Dr.3D
01-22-2014, 07:22 PM

Even if he had been pirating the movie, the quality would have really sucked. I've seen some of those "cam" pirated movies and they stink for quality. What really sucks is when somebody crosses in front of the camera. Nobody is going to sell or even impact the income of a movie by showing a poor quality copy of it.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-22-2014, 07:33 PM
This might be his "job"............On our dime.:mad:

He definitely has the cockiness and flakiness. I'm sure he kept all the decoder rings from his cereal boxes.

milgram
01-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Hollywood's personal justice squad in action, circa 1977:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=912RXFfHb4Y

pcosmar
01-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Nobody is going to sell or even impact the income of a movie by showing a poor quality copy of it.

I have however bought the commercial copy after seeing the "pirated" movie and deciding that I wanted it.
Several times in fact.

it is free advertizing.

I will not go to see any movie in a theater though. I have not since the late 70s.
I really don't care for the whole theater "experience".

PRB
01-23-2014, 01:17 AM
I already did back in December. It was when all the college troll boys were posting on Christmas break. I gave you the user names and even showed you the similarity in syntax and punctuation for both users.

Very interesting though. You study this kind of thing and can't even figure out that you're pretty much giving yourself away in these replies. Sort of like this reply. Can you figure it out how that works, hot shot, or do you have the real world experience yet?

you did? I must've missed it, or forgotten.

PRB
01-23-2014, 01:27 AM
Even if he had been pirating the movie, the quality would have really sucked. I've seen some of those "cam" pirated movies and they stink for quality. What really sucks is when somebody crosses in front of the camera. Nobody is going to sell or even impact the income of a movie by showing a poor quality copy of it.

you may be right that the current quality of google glass recording is probably too crappy to be a replacement of a DVD or movie theatre experience, but that doesn't mean it can't change, nor does it mean all pirate copies are as poor.

RickyJ
01-23-2014, 01:27 AM
It is good to know the Homeland Security Department is protecting us from terrorists that want to steal the work of film makers, actors and actresses just trying to make a decent living. :D

You pay for a ticket to see the movie, not record it with your Google Glasses! Who would wear such a thing in a theater anyway? How dumb do you have to be to do something like that? Sure the guy is not a threat to anyone other than the film industry, but at least HSD is doing something for their money here other than just putting people that make alleged "anti-Semtic" remarks on the "no-fly" list.

PRB
01-23-2014, 01:28 AM
I have however bought the commercial copy after seeing the "pirated" movie and deciding that I wanted it.
Several times in fact.

it is free advertizing.

I will not go to see any movie in a theater though. I have not since the late 70s.
I really don't care for the whole theater "experience".

free advertising is not for you to decide, if they wanted advertising, they'd gladly ask for it or pay for it, which is what they do with trailers, teasers, screening copies, sneak previews, billboards...etc.

Spikender
01-23-2014, 05:03 AM
PRB, do you seriously support calling costumed thugs into a theater because someone was wearing Google Glass?

Don't you believe it would've been simpler to have a manager approach the guy and ask him to remove his Google Glass?

WM_in_MO
01-23-2014, 08:11 AM
I often watch a show "Illegally" because I don't feel like giving away my money before I know if I enjoy the product.
This applies to cable shows, but honestly I wait til they hit Netflix 9/10 times. Even if I do watch them "illegally" I often buy them if I enjoyed them.

PRB
01-23-2014, 11:57 AM
PRB, do you seriously support calling costumed thugs into a theater because someone was wearing Google Glass?

Don't you believe it would've been simpler to have a manager approach the guy and ask him to remove his Google Glass?

Yes I believe it's simpler, cheaper, and safer to ask the guy nicely to remove his glasses, but that doesn't mean the theater doesn't have the right to overkill.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-23-2014, 05:45 PM
you did? I must've missed it, or forgotten.

Uh huh. You must've missed it or forgotten, but less than 24 hours before you said this:

Does lots of trolling and multiple user names make it difficult to keep track of what you said? Do you train in lying for your upcoming career or does it come naturally for your field?

PRB
01-23-2014, 11:37 PM
Uh huh. You must've missed it or forgotten, but less than 24 hours before you said this:

Does lots of trolling and multiple user names make it difficult to keep track of what you said? Do you train in lying for your upcoming career or does it come naturally for your field?

I remember you saying I was somebody else, I don't remember you listing the names of who you think I am, if you have I've forgotten. You're so sure you know who I am, just scream it out loud, but you're not, and you can't, and you can't prove it.

ProBlue33
01-24-2014, 12:49 AM
Back in 07/08 when I first discovered Ron Paul he talked about how our government was more of a corporatocracy than democracy now. I could see it developing, but homeland security acting as thugs for the movie moguls is utterly disgraceful. If you make a good movie you make money, if you make crap you get a poor payback.
Look at the top 12 moves for 2013, the studio's that make popular movies are not hurting, they are adapting to this as well. You will notice an increase in night scenes in movies, why, they are the hardest to see in the pirated versions.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2013&p=.htm

Spikender
01-24-2014, 01:12 AM
Yes I believe it's simpler, cheaper, and safer to ask the guy nicely to remove his glasses, but that doesn't mean the theater doesn't have the right to overkill.

I disagree, the fact that the theater is able to run to the Government to send armed thugs to intimidate and harass citizens is more than overkill, it could've cost a moviegoer his life. This simply should not be able to happen in the first place.

Do you believe it's cool that if a neighbor is blasting his music, you simply call the police on him so that they can take care of the situation, especially knowing what the police can get away with?

People have no backbone nowadays and prefer to let the Government confront other people for them, and unfortunately, the Government doesn't play games.

silverhandorder
01-24-2014, 01:49 AM
This is all moot. Pirating is thriving. Just point and laugh at people like PRB.

PRB
01-24-2014, 01:05 PM
I disagree, the fact that the theater is able to run to the Government to send armed thugs to intimidate and harass citizens is more than overkill, it could've cost a moviegoer his life. This simply should not be able to happen in the first place.

Do you believe it's cool that if a neighbor is blasting his music, you simply call the police on him so that they can take care of the situation, especially knowing what the police can get away with?

People have no backbone nowadays and prefer to let the Government confront other people for them, and unfortunately, the Government doesn't play games.

I would try to reason with my neighbor first, but if he doesn't want to listen, I can either take the matter into my own hands, or call up my tax paid thugs, both are my choices. Every citizen in this country has a right to call the government if a law is violated or a property is being disrespected.

tod evans
01-24-2014, 01:12 PM
I would try to reason with my neighbor first, but if he doesn't want to listen, I can either take the matter into my own hands, or call up my tax paid thugs, both are my choices. Every citizen in this country has a right to call the government if a law is violated or a property is being disrespected.

Thoughts such as this assure continuance of government as we know it.

Man up and take care of your own business, or find a strong woman to do it for you but don't cry to government.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-24-2014, 03:13 PM
I remember you saying I was somebody else, I don't remember you listing the names of who you think I am, if you have I've forgotten. You're so sure you know who I am, just scream it out loud, but you're not, and you can't, and you can't prove it.

YOU forgot?! LOL! I forgot all the asswipe, college boy accounts over Christmas break, but one of your accounts was New User. I already laid out why, but you actually gave yourself away from the beginning with the most elementary mistake trolls make. Can you guess, hotshot?

The only reason it might matter is because the coward hiding behind multiple accounts is the coward hiding in real life. You've already condoned ripping off someone's glasses. You don't bat an eye about picking on vulnerable populations, such as Kelly Thomas. I haven't even read the rest of your posts. Do you justify kicking poodles, tazing retired women, and pushing down old men too, tough guy?

You can't hide behind a keyboard, no matter how much you try. I don't know your name, but I know all about people like you. The world is full of people with your punk ass attitude. The pitiful thing is that their barometer is the other weaklings around them.

And YOU tell ME to prove it?! That's a good one. You're doing that just fine all by yourself. Every time you open your mouth is another piece of evidence.

heavenlyboy34
01-24-2014, 03:23 PM

Как интересно! :)

PRB
01-24-2014, 03:56 PM
YOU forgot?! LOL! I forgot all the asswipe, college boy accounts over Christmas break, but one of your accounts was New User. I already laid out why, but you actually gave yourself away from the beginning with the most elementary mistake trolls make. Can you guess, hotshot?

The only reason it might matter is because the coward hiding behind multiple accounts is the coward hiding in real life. You've already condoned ripping off someone's glasses. You don't bat an eye about picking on vulnerable populations, such as Kelly Thomas. I haven't even read the rest of your posts. Do you justify kicking poodles, tazing retired women, and pushing down old men too, tough guy?

You can't hide behind a keyboard, no matter how much you try. I don't know your name, but I know all about people like you. The world is full of people with your punk ass attitude. The pitiful thing is that their barometer is the other weaklings around them.

And YOU tell ME to prove it?! That's a good one. You're doing that just fine all by yourself. Every time you open your mouth is another piece of evidence.

You're the one making the unprovable claim. So yeah, I'm asking you to prove it.

"New User" was actually a person's username? LOL

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-24-2014, 04:14 PM
You're the one making the unprovable claim. So yeah, I'm asking you to prove it.

"New User" was actually a person's username? LOL

I already proved it. Deny it and play it off all you want.

So how's work today? Bust any heads?

PRB
01-24-2014, 06:11 PM
I already proved it. Deny it and play it off all you want.

So how's work today? Bust any heads?

you proved it to yourself, that's nice. All you have is speculation that I sound like somebody else.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-25-2014, 07:42 AM
you proved it to yourself, that's nice. All you have is speculation that I sound like somebody else.

Somebody else? You've been pretending your somebody other than who you've actually shown.