PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Blogger Ezra Klein Leaves WaPo Same Day Libertarians Join Up

TaftFan
01-21-2014, 08:36 PM
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2014/01/21/liberal-blogger-ezra-klein-leaves-wapo-same-day-libertarians-join

Glad to see Volokh join them.

axiomata
01-21-2014, 09:47 PM
Radley Balko added a few weeks ago and Volokh now with Ezra out. Besos might actually make that rag readable.

fr33
01-21-2014, 09:54 PM
Only a matter of time before Rubin is gone, I hope. I wonder what type of contract she has with them. Over 90% of the commenters both hate her guts and disprove most of what she spews. A dumb pig farmer with no college degrees is a better writer than Jennifer Rubin.

angelatc
01-21-2014, 10:19 PM
Volokh is a great addition.

But I feel like I am in an alternate dimension.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-21-2014, 10:44 PM
Perhaps he can kick Neo-trot Rubin to the curb and hire FSU Economics/Law Professor Bruce Benson (who I like far more than Volokh). WaPo might eventually turn out A-OK!

trey4sports
01-21-2014, 10:46 PM
Good to see a major mag. actually putting some liberty-friendly people in positions of power.

milgram
01-22-2014, 01:49 AM
I didn't realize Wonkblog was supposedly neutral; I thought Klein was a DNC establishment shill.

Sounds like the blog will continue at WaPo even though Klein has left.

acptulsa
01-22-2014, 03:05 AM
Klein seems to be scared of being pwned.

Don't blame him.

Anti-Neocon
01-22-2014, 04:32 AM
Klein was a good writer with good insight, regardless of his political orientation. He was really their only writer worth reading until now. Rubin is untalented, immature, and a nasty individual who really needs to be shown the door.

anaconda
01-22-2014, 04:43 AM
Only a matter of time before Rubin is gone, I hope. I wonder what type of contract she has with them. Over 90% of the commenters both hate her guts and disprove most of what she spews.

Saw this earlier today. Look at her flip flops. She gets things completely wrong and then tries to cover it up.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/07/1158335/-When-will-people-like-Jennifer-Rubin-lose-a-job#

And, yes. She really gets hammered in the comments section. I would think it would be terribly discouraging for her.

Anti-Neocon
01-22-2014, 04:51 AM
Yeah, Rubin is just a poor excuse for a journalist, ideology aside.

I bet the liberals with positions of power in WaPo love her cause she routinely makes conservatives look stupid by being stupid.

Bern
01-22-2014, 07:06 AM
I'm glad to see Balko and Volokh get a broader audience.

specsaregood
01-22-2014, 07:16 AM
And, yes. She really gets hammered in the comments section. I would think it would be terribly discouraging for her.
You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the nature of trolls. Some people simply relish being hated. Her blog might be the most profitable one on the site; due to extra page views from people posting/reading the comments.

anaconda
01-22-2014, 03:03 PM
You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the nature of trolls. Some people simply relish being hated. Her blog might be the most profitable one on the site; due to extra page views from people posting/reading the comments.

Point well taken. However, in her case, she appears to frequently get as few as 30 or so comments on some of her editorials. On a high profile national publication. In a nation of 300 million plus. And, I'm not sure how looking like a dufus advances her political agenda.