PDA

View Full Version : Justin Amash, Brian Ellis join call for Michigan GOP leader Dave Agema to resign

jct74
01-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Rep. Justin Amash, challenger Brian Ellis join call for Michigan GOP leader Dave Agema to resign

By Andrew Krietz
January 21, 2014 at 4:55 PM

GRAND RAPIDS, MI — U.S. Rep. Justin Amash and primary challenger Brian Ellis have joined a throng of Republican Party figures calling for Dave Agema to step down from his post as Republican National Committeeman.

Ellis first called for Agema's resignation in a Monday news release, and used the opportunity to take a swipe at Amash. In a statement emailed Tuesday to The Grand Rapids Press and MLive, Amash, R-Cascade Township, also said Agema should step down.

The calls are the latest from a growing chorus of Republican leaders who say Agema's recent controversial remarks about homosexuals and Muslims have made him a distraction for the GOP.

Amash, in his statement, said Agema's remarks do not stand up to the ideals of defending civil liberties. Ellis argued Agema's comments obstruct the sharing of Republican solutions for economic freedom and opportunities for citizens.

read more:
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/01/rep_justin_amash_challenger_br.html

angelatc
01-21-2014, 06:30 PM
He's an ass. He's one of my FB friends, and I am amazed it's taken this long for someone to call him out on his noise.

But I'm still happy he won over Anuzis. And I would not be shocked if Anuzis is behind all this.

EBounding
01-22-2014, 07:44 PM
It's interesting that the state party is raking Agema over the coals, but there's not a peep about golden boy Brooks Patterson.

angelatc
01-22-2014, 07:48 PM
It's interesting that the state party is raking Agema over the coals, but there's not a peep about golden boy Brooks Patterson.

Yeah, that's a very astute observation! Probably a coincidence that this Agema stuff broke at the same time the Patterson noise started, right?

EBounding
01-22-2014, 08:17 PM
Probably a coincidence that this Agema stuff broke at the same time the Patterson noise started, right?

lol yeah exactly! Most of the stuff Agema said was known for months.

Jeff King
01-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Be aware the "Davebots" (Tea Parties) are now actively targeting Justin Amash in Michigan. Apparently defending the Ass-Clown Agema... by all accounts a dead man walking in the Republican party, is more important then defending a liberty congressman.