PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Kennedy warns dope different from 'Choom gang' days

CaseyJones
01-21-2014, 01:48 PM
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/patrick-kennedy-president-obama-marijuana-102412.html

Former Rep. Patrick Kennedy says President Barack Obama is wrong about the dangers of marijuana, saying that the drug today is not like what the president smoked in his youth.

The former eight-term Rhode Island Democrat said Obama’s statement in an interview this weekend that pot is not worse than alcohol was based on anecdotal evidence, not science.

“I think the president needs to speak to his NIH director in charge of drug abuse,” Kennedy said on MSNBC’s “Hardball” on Monday night. “[She] would tell the president that, in fact, today’s modern, genetically modified marijuana, so it’s much higher THC levels, far surpass the marijuana that the president acknowledges smoking when he was a young person.”

dannno
01-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Not true, there was always herb that was as or almost as good as today, it was just less prevalent so the average percentage of THC was a little lower. But it was out there and Obama probably had it fairly frequently. They don't call it Maui Wowie because it is from Amsterdam.

On top of that, higher potency cannabis is actually more healthy because you end up smoking a lot less plant material.

gwax23
01-21-2014, 02:16 PM
I met this guy. Stupid is putting it mildly.

specsaregood
01-21-2014, 02:25 PM
I met this guy. Stupid is putting it mildly.

I seem to recall him seeming to be quite drunk on the house floor.

specsaregood
01-21-2014, 02:37 PM
//

ObiRandKenobi
01-21-2014, 02:39 PM
why doesn't he go back to raping people and crashing into things and leave me alone.

VIDEODROME
01-21-2014, 02:47 PM
Doesn't this usually happen with banned substances? Even with Alcohol during Prohibition with shit like MoonShine?

gwax23
01-21-2014, 03:15 PM
I seem to recall him seeming to be quite drunk on the house floor.

Wouldnt surprise me he was drunk when I met him.

ZENemy
01-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Doesnt he have an unarmed women's death standing ovation go to? On the way he can beat some hookers, then buy some child sex slaves with the money he made inside trading on the drugs the DEA brings into the country. After that he can go smoke crack with the rest of them while they figure out what to ban next.

These scumbags need to step down from their authority, they have abdicated any notion of moral decision making.

bunklocoempire
01-21-2014, 06:15 PM
Everything changed after 9-11 ya know. :toady:

JoshLowry
01-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Pretty poor argument.

They also sell everclear, not quite the same stuff as beer.

People don't drink 64 oz of it though.

Anti Federalist
01-21-2014, 07:18 PM
+rep

Doesnt he have an unarmed women's death standing ovation go to? On the way he can beat some hookers, then buy some child sex slaves with the money he made inside trading on the drugs the DEA brings into the country. After that he can go smoke crack with the rest of them while they figure out what to ban next.

These scumbags need to step down from their authority, they have abdicated any notion of moral decision making.

dillo
01-21-2014, 09:21 PM
Pretty poor argument.

They also sell everclear, not quite the same stuff as beer.

People don't drink 64 oz of it though.

Thats a poor argument as well, you cant drink too much alcohol and die. I have yet to see 1 documented case of THC overdose.

dillo
01-21-2014, 09:22 PM

Step down? He probably makes to much money and thinks hes doing a great job.

Kotin
01-21-2014, 09:41 PM
To my knowledge, Sensimilla has been around quite a while lol.. And it makes no difference.. You just smoke less; No different effect..

Guy is dense as shit.

juleswin
01-21-2014, 10:07 PM
What a fucking asshole, now he is blaming govt intervention for corrupting the weed strains in this country? Anarchist always looking for a way to blame their problems on govt intervention

/sarcasm

mczerone
01-21-2014, 10:23 PM
1) How does he know, unless he's been continuously been smoking EVERY STRAIN of cannabis since the 70s?

2) It's not science unless WE say it's science. Now go watch Refer Madness again and forget all that peer-reviewed mumbo-jumbo.

3) So what if it's "stronger"? That's like saying: "Coffee is no more dangerous than alcohol" is wrong because coffee is stronger than it was in the past. I don't care how strong your cannabis or your coffee is, alcohol is still more dangerous.

fr33
01-21-2014, 10:37 PM
It's ridiculous. You can smoke shit weed all day long to get high or you smoke a just a little of the good stuff. Your lungs will know the difference.

ZENemy
01-21-2014, 10:59 PM
Step down? He probably makes to much money and thinks hes doing a great job.

step down as in: off his high horse :D

juvanya
01-21-2014, 11:54 PM
It has been widely documented that the reason for this is prohibition. Just like with bathtub alcohol and moonshine, the more stuff per volume, the easier it is to transport. With higher strength hemp, you can transport much more of the effect and sell more, and risk less. If it were legalized, the strength would probably drop, or at least gradate, as dannno noted.